Author Topic: Tat Two You  (Read 3236 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Tat Two You
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:20:46 pm »
I'm back, bitches! At least for now.

Anyway, I got a tattoo yesterday and I'm growing to accept that I won't be able to play the game I've been waiting for since 1995. (Future edit: I was talking about Crimson Echoes)
That aside, I got to wondering. Who here has some ink they want to show off? It's a perfect time and place. So peel off those clothes and show ol' Norstein some skin!

Let's get some positive thinking up in this piece!

I have two tattoos. (Future edit: Three)

The first one I got was a massive (for me anyway) back piece that is a direct copy of DaVinci's Vitruvian Man, the universal symbol of human (and artistic) idealism. I got it about a year ago, maybe a little more. I dunno, it was in two sessions so my memory of "when" is fuzzy. The picture is about a year old too. I don't even have a copy of it anymore and had to take it from my facebook. (Yes, this means I have a penis tattooed to my back, effectively giving me two penises, but I've already made and heard all the jokes that come from that.)

My new one I got yesterday is a Beatles tattoo, but it doesn't say Beatles anywhere on it. If you like them, you'll know where it came from. HOWEVER IT IS NOT DONE YET, it is just the first phase! There will be color and more in about a month, when it all heals, but I have pictures now for those interested.

Oh yeah, and don't use these tattoo ideas on yourself or else I'll getcha! Maybe. Well, nah. But it would be rather unoriginal. And don't use these pictures to "find" me or anyone else that posts here, as that would just be creepy.

Edit/Afterthought: I know, I have no muscle. I'm posing like that for IRONY.  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:30:11 am by Mr Bekkler »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: Tat Two You
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:44:57 pm »
Unfortunately for me, I'm too young to get a tattoo. I would like one, though. Maybe a rose on my shoulder or something like that.

Tattoos are cool looking, but they sound painful and such. As well as expensive.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:46:29 pm »
What's the over/under (in months) until this winds up in the frustration thread?  :lol:

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:59 pm »
Fucking awesome man, I'm not a tattoo man m'self, but I respect 'em damn well. And yours, sir, are quite cool.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:36:15 pm »
Thanks, mav!

Shee, I wanted those tattoos since I was 18 and I just recently got comfortable enough with my financial situation to actually get work done, so I didn't just wake up and do it. I just wanted universal symbols for appreciation of art and music, and who better to represent that than DaVinci and the Beatles? Fuck Mozart.

Tea, it only hurts if you get it on a bony area or a really sensitive ticklish area like the inner thigh or the ribcage. Otherwise it just feels like somebody's scratching your sunburn. It's really not bad, and after a week it doesn't hurt at all!

It seems there aren't many Chrono fans with tattoos here. Or maybe there are and they just don't want to show em. Oh wellzies. How bout tattoo ideas? If you don't have one but want one, what would you get (and where)?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:28:58 am »
Why would this end up in the frustration thread...? If anything it sounds like it might be able to fit in the stuff you love thread...but that's kind of pushing it. Maybe the pic thread...

Anyways, I don't have any, but want some...Though my first tattoo (I don't think I'll ever be 'hip' enough to call them 'tats' or 'ink' :eyeroll:) will have to be something I make. As much as I would enjoy to advertise for my favorite w/e, I'd rather have something with a bit more personality to it...I've got this moderately tribal-ish design that I made a while ago for my characters that would be zombies that I rather like and would put on my shoulder or what little biceps I have...The meaning I gave the symbol was "Rise from the grave" or something...tre Altered Beast~!! Remind me sometime & I'll draw it for ya on MSN (if you care & try to talk to me on MSN anyways). >_>

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 09:11:30 am »
Cool. Dawn of the Dead (the new one) was playing in the parlor when I was getting my arm done. Then some guy came and got a zombie tattoo, apparently the artist adjacent to me loved zombie movies, so I debated with him what's a "real" zombie. All I could think is "What a weird day"

But I think Shee was referring to how long before I hate them.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 04:22:29 pm »
I want a Sakura (Street Fighter) Tatoo on my foot. Hopefully a tattoo of her where she kicks her shoe so she hits her head XD.

I like your tattoo.

I think you should make a CE tattoo, then surely you will get the game lol.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 04:23:02 pm »
Yeah... I was told by one of my science teachers in 7th grade who got a tattoo that it didn't hurt, until they went over the Achilles. It was one of those around the ankle ones, and she said the Achilles part of it hurt the most.

If I got a tattoo, I'd like a rose on my upper arm/shoulder, or a Frozen Flame there as well. That would be significantly badass. Just walking down the street and someone's like 'HEY YOU LIKE CHRONO', so I roll up my sleeve/adjust my shirt and reply 'WTF do you think?'

I think I have the money for a tattoo in my savings, actually. A cheap little one goes for about... $50 from what I've heard. I'll look into it more.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 06:01:28 pm »
Or a rose made out of the frozen flame? That would be sick!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 03:24:35 am »
Get RD FF on one and CC FF on the other.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 11:05:22 pm »
It seems there aren't many Chrono fans with tattoos here. Or maybe there are and they just don't want to show em. Oh wellzies. How bout tattoo ideas? If you don't have one but want one, what would you get (and where)?

I have four tattoos.  ^_^  So us inked Chrono fans do exist.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 11:18:35 pm »
I think it's just you, me, and one other girl who got scared off months ago after showing her "C" from the intro "Chrono" tattoo.

I don't actually know what happened to her but she doesn't frequent the site anymore.

As an update, I need the color done for my Sgt Pepper Drum, but my artist is in high demand and will not make appointments by phone. I have to go to him at the parlor. Compounded by the fact that money is tight everywhere, needless to say, it's taking a while.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 11:19:50 pm »
I'll get one. Just not anytime soon. I wanna wait til I wind up doing something stupid to the point of I can hardly move and my body is numb(I've had it happen a few times before, it's bound to happen again)and have something of Crono and Marle together.

As for the pain, I've heard my brother compare to it getting a shot and the needle's in longer and moving. If that's what it is, I doubt it's as bad as some claim it to be. You want real scary pain? You know that clip from Family Guy where Brian got the needle therapy and the therapy needles were next to the poison needles? Yeah, I actually had the EXACT same thing happen. I assume I got the right ones since I'm still alive, but after that incident, I dropped it. That's the reason I don't have one already, after that, it's kind of hard to trust any needle, no matter how clean it may appear.

On top of all this, yeah money thing too.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 11:28:16 pm »
I think it's just you, me, and one other girl who got scared off months ago after showing her "C" from the intro "Chrono" tattoo.

I don't actually know what happened to her but she doesn't frequent the site anymore.

That's a shame.  I remember reading that post and thinking her tattoo was really awesome.

I want a fifth tattoo on my back.  It'll be a picture of the two entwined flowers--the national flowers of the two countries I grew up in.  But I can't get it any time soon because I have no money.  Which is fine, because once I get it done I want it to be the best possible tattoo ever.

As for the pain, I've heard my brother compare to it getting a shot and the needle's in longer and moving. If that's what it is, I doubt it's as bad as some claim it to be.

I know some people may disagree with me, but in my experience the pain is more than tolerable.  I have a tattoo by my hipbone (and I'm thin, so it's close to the bone) and one on my wrist, and even those ones weren't that bad.  It's not as painful as getting a shot, at least it wasn't for me.