Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484674 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6180 on: September 29, 2011, 10:31:00 am »
Gahh! I'll be able to look at the world with only my left eye today. This sucks...

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: September 30, 2011, 08:37:58 pm »
I wish, wish, wish I could delete 90% of my Facebook friends because all they do is spew conservative and Christianese bullshit.  But I can't because it would cause massive amounts of drama.

You can take the girl out of the über conservative, über Christian setting, but you can't take the über conservative, über Christians out of her Facebook friends.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:40:25 pm by Sajainta »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: September 30, 2011, 09:10:26 pm »
Make the jump to Google+ and simply don't add said people when they eventually switch as well?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:01 pm »
Maybe.  I got a Google+ account just because D had one.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6184 on: October 01, 2011, 01:45:52 am »
Spending my night sending out 200+ job applications. If I had done this in 2006 or 2007, I would have needed only to send out 5 or 10. Oh, how the world changes. "May you live in interesting times." That's going to be true of my generation. I'm hoping to achieve my principal dreams before overpopulation, resource starvation, and plutocracy usher in the darkest age this world has seen since the industrial revolution.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: October 01, 2011, 02:57:24 am »
I only wish more of us couldn't commiserate. A system of production that locks out the talent of its best and brightest is a decaying one.  
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:59:57 am by FaustWolf »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: October 01, 2011, 03:56:55 am »
I wish, wish, wish I could delete 90% of my Facebook friends because all they do is spew conservative and Christianese bullshit.  But I can't because it would cause massive amounts of drama.

You can take the girl out of the über conservative, über Christian setting, but you can't take the über conservative, über Christians out of her Facebook friends.

@Saj, you know you can block your friend's posts from appearing in your news feed. I have had the same problems with some of my friends and I'm quick to block them from my news feed. They can still post on my wall and I can on theirs, and they have no way of knowing that they won't show up in your news feed, so it's completely anonymous. I do that rather than deleting them. Normally I forget about them and that's that, problem solved without any drama.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: October 01, 2011, 05:56:03 am »
I only wish more of us couldn't commiserate. A system of production that locks out the talent of its best and brightest is a decaying one.  

Quoted for truth, as they say.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6188 on: October 01, 2011, 06:34:07 am »
Spending my night sending out 200+ job applications. If I had done this in 2006 or 2007, I would have needed only to send out 5 or 10. Oh, how the world changes. "May you live in interesting times." That's going to be true of my generation. I'm hoping to achieve my principal dreams before overpopulation, resource starvation, and plutocracy usher in the darkest age this world has seen since the industrial revolution.
Here's a goodluck, friend:

"What is true of the individual will be tomorrow true of the whole nation if individuals will but refuse to lose heart and hope."  -- Gandhi

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: October 01, 2011, 08:36:26 pm »
Mexico's population has tripled in fifty years, and its people's response is to outlaw abortion in half of Mexican states. This deprives people of choice, disproportionately affecting the poor and the young who are least-prepared to have new children.

Mexico's population explosion has been one of the principal reasons for the high incidence of illegal border crossings into the United States. Increasing use of contraceptives and access to abortion over the past twenty years, likewise, has been one of the principal reasons for the reduction in border crossings that we have seen in the last few years.

So many people don't realize that they don't deserve the garbage that they're forced to deal with in their lives, and take no action to change things.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: October 01, 2011, 09:28:28 pm »
We've lost half our crop of carrots to slugs! A pox upon the sly creatures!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6191 on: October 02, 2011, 03:51:01 am »
I hate not being able to go to public places/forums, etc. without being confronted by the idiocracy. I searched out Paul Hardcastle's "19" while on an 80s crawl; it was an important song that highlighted the struggle of American soldiers in Vietnam, the effects of PTSD, and the absence of a "hero's welcome" for any of them. And of course in the comments I find this, among other stupid comments, top-voted:

First & Foremost, I'm sure I'm older than many whom which in to Engage Into Listening To This Classic Tune.

It's Truly Phenomenal, My Father Served In Vietnam in 1966, In The 25Th infantry In Which this Song Is Articulating.

God Bless All Those Vets.

Freedom ISN'T FREE My friends.

Resplendant68 2 years ago 9

1. Who Taught You To Capitalize Every Thing Ass Hole

2. What Is Phenomenal About This

3. There Is No God You Twit

4. God Bless Unquestioning Patriotism Especially When We Wage Ideological Culture Wars Based On Jingoism

5. I Spelled My Username Wrong LoL What A Fucking Intellectually Disinterested Piece Of Shit I Am

6. Hooray For Parroted Weasel Words Like Freedom When Hey Guess What? America Has A Huge Impoverished Underclass, Myriad Problems, An Inefficient Two-Party System, Sexual Inequality, Racism, And Other Uncountable Problems, But Hey, Keep On Rocking In The Free World, Don't Let Minor Things Like Class War Stop You From Thinking You Live In Goddamn Paradise And People Who Civilly Disagree Should Be Shot And Put On Terrorist Watch Lists

I know it's fucking Youtube, and stupidity is to be expected. But Youtube is massive and a reflection of the masses on this earth. Sometimes this world feels like a prison, and we're locked in with the stupid.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:54:23 am by ZeaLitY »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:18 am »
Yeah, most people are failures and it sucks, and they hold back the rest of us which sucks even more.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6193 on: October 03, 2011, 07:26:37 am »
Big frustration, and precisely at the wrong time. I told them to be wary of that Afro Fatso, but they never listened. A good friend has been arrested in suspicion of robbery (which I'm 90% confident he did not commit) and another good friend of mine might just be framed as an accomplice (which I'm 110% sure he isn't).

It's not a wise idea to formulate theories without sufficient data, or bending facts to that theory, but something tells me that even though the Afro guy having his house robbed is a big deal he simply decided to frame his own good friend for compensation simply because he's rich! On top of that, he takes advantage of my friend's silence, claiming that he confessed his crimes. To add salt to the injury, apparently he has a "written statement" from a bike trader who claims my friend sold the stolen vehicle to him (there's a possibility that the Afro bloke bribed the guy to make a false statement -- I've known the bloke since ages, and I'm pretty sure he'd dig so low).

Something's incredibly fishy, going on here. Well, my friends already have a lawyer to defend the poor fellow. I need to find out what's going on, but my best bet is to keep to the shadows, knowing that the moron will frame me as an accomplice too simply because I can read his mind. Well, if there's one thing to be learned from this, it's this:

"You wouldn't know who your truest friends are until you approach the storm."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:30:25 am by tushantin »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: October 03, 2011, 08:55:29 am »
Feeling ignored and unwanted by people I like.

w00t.  Story of my life.