Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484652 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6045 on: July 22, 2011, 06:31:22 am »
Tush, apologies but once again my time is too limited for a full-figured reply. I'll do my best.

See, relying on materialistic prosperity is in most cases impractical, because resources are primarily meant to satisfy necessities and not luxury, and an intelligent and properly developed school of thought can easily make a person skilled enough to take on the world.

A higher material quality of life improves upon the human experience at the most basic levels and affects all subsequent things. A basic material quality of life provides the opportunity for dedicated contemplation by eliminating many kinds of visceral distractions and suffering.

It makes a person capable developing skills that he never had, without clinging on to materials that might not be with him later, and thus gaining power to acquire things he never had, be it money or power. Schools and education were such means, but even those are starting to go down the drain. From what I've perceived, with the exception of science and math, true education can only be acquired outside academia. But religious theological studies, or simply personal indulgences therein? Although they can't compete with what they teach is, but I do point at how they teach us, they remain true to their humanitarian methods and do the best of what they do: forward ethics.

India sounds like it's in bad shape, from what you've said here in recent months. I'm not surprised; that jives with my own expectations. But when a society is in decline, strengthening the religious institutions is about the worst thing you can do. Any gains in short-term order will be paid for dearly later on.

Scientology formed by a drug addict may have worsened conditions in our world, but Buddhism seems to be blurring the line between it and science; hell, even I managed to find evidences of the existence of metaphysical concepts, such as Spirit, and detailed its properties thereof. Thus the quote (though it means more than what I explained): “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”

Unacceptable. I unfortunately do not have the time to get into this again. Perhaps someone else can take it up.

India may as well be a Fascist country), and people have nothing else to rely on but religion and culture, improving it over time and creating a social utopia for themselves out of diverse philosophies.

Religion has often been an underminer of other hierarchies, it's true. That is its nature. It is also an extremely dangerous and completely untrustworthy ally in preserving or promoting what is good and decent. Religion is unaccountable to worldly authority; that makes it intolerable as a social institution because it cannot deal with reality.

It's a ray of light in an eternal darkness, and I'll give you an example why. See, Hinduism doesn't have "Devil" or "Hell", but Islam does, and the coexistence simply had them merged thus the majority of the people here believe in it, just like in the USA. But one big difference is that most religious commoners are helpful and would refuse to commit sin, not because they believe in Hell or Shaitan, but because they know it's wrong!

People will behave well with the proper incentives, which can be anything, or with a developed sense of ethics. You overestimate religion's significance.

Your tolerance for religion, in the absence of a better understanding, is commendable.
Thank you! Although I don't get what you mean there. I agree I'm not religious, though I do study the religious texts out of sheer curiosity and thirst for better understanding -- in turn, I either take them as either records of old (sometimes exaggerated) history, or I take them as fiction -- and appreciate stuff that it offers in ways a true writer would. So (I admit my tiny head isn't capable of holding or processing a world of info and detail) what is my absence of understanding? Is it my lack of prejudice towards it?

Simply put I think you have a viewpoint which cannot easily evaluate the institutions of religion objectively. Your praise for certain aspects or qualities of religion is probably a testament to your good character, but reveals a fundamental naivete. I think you would benefit from world travels in your twenties. You seem to be well-positioned to learn a great deal about the world.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6046 on: July 22, 2011, 02:09:29 pm »
=D

You know this means but one thing...

Time now for another heart-stopping edition of OBSCURE VOCABULARY WITH LORD J !!!
.... I really can't stomach all that info at the same time, though it should be easy...  :cry:

I'll try to memorize that today itself and use em in Atash Kedah Monogatari. XD Thanks! Gee, you ought to give me lessons to master the language!

Insert Quote
Tush, apologies but once again my time is too limited for a full-figured reply. I'll do my best.
No probs! Any and everyview from you is always valued.  :) The stuff you point out often inspires me.

A higher material quality of life improves upon the human experience at the most basic levels and affects all subsequent things. A basic material quality of life provides the opportunity for dedicated contemplation by eliminating many kinds of visceral distractions and suffering.
Yes, it does. But you forget a couple of things: Firstly, material quality does not replace a broken government and education system (which are run by equally uneducated fucks here), just like how better oil or fuel source can't work well if you don't have a better car engine. Even if you're given all the riches in the world but have no human rights or have people acting like greedy devils, it just isn't worth it; you'll gain an iPhone, but you'll lose the ones you love. Secondly.... ah crap, I forgot what I wanted to say. I know they were three essential things, but... crap, I hate my forgetfulness...

But yeah, take my family for instance. The most we can afford is basic necessities like food, and I don't even have a cheap Android phone; just a cellphone that calls and works like a flashlight in the dark. I can't even afford a Waccom tablet, something I really need for digital art and especially for my current Polar Detective project. My parents are uneducated, and my brother hasn't even finished high school. But one thing's for certain: we are happy! We are happier than those poor fellows that panhandle every day, not knowing what the outside world is. We are happier than those rich fellows who know no life beyond partying, and learned respect and... well, there's a Hindi word which doesn't have an equivalent in English... which the rich don't have. We are happy because of the ethics passed down from my grandfather.

I could live peacefully with my family, but I know better. I know that outside my door lies living hell where people constantly suffer despite all the materialistic benefits. And I'm a patriotic fellow; I want to make this world a better place to live in, if only for the future generation if not for myself.

India sounds like it's in bad shape, from what you've said here in recent months. I'm not surprised; that jives with my own expectations. But when a society is in decline, strengthening the religious institutions is about the worst thing you can do. Any gains in short-term order will be paid for dearly later on.
You misunderstand me, Josh. We are neither strengthening nor reinforcing religious institutions, because we are aware the shortcomings of it. A reminder: we are not Pakistan. Okay, let me try explaining this: you've probably memorized the Periodic Table, but what about the four primary elements (Wind, Fire, etc.)? A fool would either take the latter for granted or completely dismiss it, even in the fields of symbology and the like, where it is most established at. But a wise one would know that the Four Elements has no ground in Chemistry, yet considers the concept as something equally important in other areas he may not be aware of, such as philosophy.

Similarly we are aware that religion is no substitute for experience and such, but we do follow it as a moral guide nevertheless. Religion doesn't tell us what to do here, but it does make us ponder, giving us a better judgement when facing reality. It's like a GPS Navigation system: it doesn't drive you to your destination, but does give you a vague idea of where you stand and where you're headed.

Unacceptable. I unfortunately do not have the time to get into this again. Perhaps someone else can take it up.
No problem! But yet again you fail to understand me.  :( I'm not trying to compare science with religion, because they are completely different fields. What I'm pointing at is the latter: Science is Science, and religion pertains to Philosophy (and sometime, Psychology), thus should be treated as such. Still, combine science with philosophy and you've got one helluva stuff!

Religion has often been an underminer of other hierarchies, it's true. That is its nature. It is also an extremely dangerous and completely untrustworthy ally in preserving or promoting what is good and decent. Religion is unaccountable to worldly authority; that makes it intolerable as a social institution because it cannot deal with reality.
You're confusing the social situations here with the ones in your nation; still, I did mention that Religion is powerful, and it's logical to assume that it can also be a victim of politics. If you don't see what I mean, check out FW's DreamSplash where Science and pursuit of truth are also victimized for people's selfish agendas. Yes, Religion has taken wrong turns, but so has the Government System, so has the Education system, so has the Media, so has NASA,... and the list can go on. At this rate, we may as well go for Anarchy, if only to preserve Human Rights.

And just for good measure: "... extremely dangerous and completely untrustworthy ally in preserving or promoting what is good and decent. Religion is unaccountable to worldly authority; that makes it intolerable as a social institution because it cannot deal with reality." Extremely dangerous? Both Hinduism and Buddhism advises us to think several times before hurting another. Untrustworthy ally in preserving or promoting what is good? It did what anything else wouldn't bother to: promote empathy, encourage education, feed the hunger and human welfare, something that the Government is incompetent at. It can't deal with reality? Heh, you're not even close; here at least, if you're educated enough to have an open mind sit through a well learned Guru (not just any self-claimed Guru) and listen to his talks for at least ten minutes. The moment you walk out of the temple you'll be a better person with a bright smile playing across your face, and it isn't even the God factor, rather it's the sheer philosophy of it.

People will behave well with the proper incentives, which can be anything, or with a developed sense of ethics. You overestimate religion's significance.
Really? Then enlighten me, because I haven't seen anything work as well as religion has. Every nature has various cultures carried from establishments in the past, with folklore and literature. Most of them, if not all, collectively form Religion, and here is where things get interesting: whether part of religion or not, literature is malleable and thus prone to stuff, like improvisation (and some inaccurate Live Action movies), and most of it is disregarded by the general public (because the general public are too lazy to read) until Religion pics it up and establishes its canon, whereby educating the masses and passing moral and practical sense. Yes, this was exactly the process back then, and yes, religion was also responsible for the spread of literature and education (and hell, even Algebra). In modern times, though, all you've got is philosophical scriptures, but it's still a treasure-trove of world heritage, something that defined the world's ethics and still do today, something that is equally respected and valued.

And as I said, it does well at what it does: forward ethics.  :)

Simply put I think you have a viewpoint which cannot easily evaluate the institutions of religion objectively. Your praise for certain aspects or qualities of religion is probably a testament to your good character, but reveals a fundamental naivete.
Mm, I will not counter that statement. But I would implore you to read the Upanishads, though most specifically the Bhagwad Gita (and Ramayana too, if you're at it, but only because it kicks ass much like Chrono Trigger). When you're done, tell me what you make of this. I just want to know your views.

Also, there's something I heard from a Hindu priest, a view not expected from a Hindu Guru and much compatible with my own observations. I'll just give you the title of his Satsang, and I want you to decipher what you make of it (in Philosophical means, or means of value, and to preserve the sanity of yours and mine please keep science out of it):

"There is no Almighty / I went on a Journey to find Him, but I found Him naught."

I know it's completely illogical to decipher a poetry, a work of art, from the title alone but please, I just want to know your views on this.  :)

And also a last request: you know our National Anthem. The most beautiful Anthem I've ever heard. What do you make of it?

I think you would benefit from world travels in your twenties. You seem to be well-positioned to learn a great deal about the world.
I would love to! But I gots no money.  :(

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6047 on: July 23, 2011, 06:08:50 pm »
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!! And THIS?

I knew this was the case in practicality here, but now it's fucking escalated onto the internet! So I can't even browse fairly? How can the government be this incompetent? So I'm working on online projects and require Cloud or Filesharing services to share data and media, say some Voice actors send me their clips through Mediafire, but I can't download them?!  I can't send over raw footages so our compositor can edit and work on them? Okay, so you might say this is just to curb piracy. So why THE FUCK did they block blogs? Ooh, posting information about the government and criticizing them is wrong? Having freedom of speech is utterly wrong? Apparently the general public is an idiotic bunch, spoon-fed children that don't know what they're talking about? FUCK YOU, DoT!

I was right. It's a mockery of democracy, as the my nation is pushing itself towards hardcore Fascism.

Our stand on this is that the government has no business blocking access to the Internet without a proper judicial process. In any case, when a block is instituted, it needs to maintain a list of blocked sites, and give reasons for the block. It can’t be ad-hoc, and it can’t be opaque.

EDIT: I must say this. If I ever disappear without a trace or notice, consider me
1) Dead (unlikely)
2) Caught in law's dirty assholery
3) Internet just got banned in India
4) In love (very likely, but... but... I don't know...)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 06:19:24 pm by tushantin »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: July 23, 2011, 08:04:12 pm »
tushantin, can you still get to sendspace.com? It's an excellent way to share files in the short term; it just lacks long-term storage capability.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: July 23, 2011, 08:16:26 pm »
People will say that one death is a tragedy, and a hundred deaths is a statistic. This is sickeningly true, and it frustrates me.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: July 24, 2011, 03:16:17 am »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6051 on: July 24, 2011, 03:22:46 am »
tushantin, can you still get to sendspace.com? It's an excellent way to share files in the short term; it just lacks long-term storage capability.
I can actually get to every website there is because I'm using MTS rather than the ISPs that banned them, but what frustrates me is that online freedom may not last this long. True they harassed us at the streets, but now they're incompetently controlling our access as well. For national security's sake they also require to monitor messages going in and out, but Gmail's got SSL, which means (knowing these guys) they might go ahead and ban them too. Instead of thorough investigation and maintaining a stable security infrastructure these fuckers go ahead and ban everything they feel right.

Terrorism might be caused by the internet? Ban the Cyber Cafes! (Oh, hey! They're in dire need of licenses too; let's exploit them!)

(Warning for possible attacks) Bah, why worry over things that never happened? OH SHIT, WAS THAT AN EXPLOSION? They might be linked to some clubs. Ban em!

Oh hell, a good-natured writer is writing shit about us in the papers. Let's arrest him! Ban the shitty newspaper, so I can go watch a movie or something!

(Beating some random fellow up) Well, the Minister got off free from murder because he has money and influence, while you just stole a Popsicle and are sentenced to 1 year imprisonment because sorry, you gots no cash. Huh? We're not following the law you say? Hehe, foolish commoner. We are the law!

People will say that one death is a tragedy, and a hundred deaths is a statistic. This is sickeningly true, and it frustrates me.
That again depends on perspective. When you see the death of one person from the same perspective as you see a death of hundreds, that one death becomes seemingly insignificant. But when you see the losses of those hundreds from the view of one (such as, the one that passed away was someone you knew), then the latter becomes the most tragic incident you'll ever know.

Every truth depends on perspective and how you observe them. That's a fairly logical point of view.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6052 on: July 25, 2011, 12:37:28 am »
Ah, sonuvab****!

Did my best to avoid illness like a plague as people kept sneezing in front of my face, and finally... it got to me. Though a minor cold, and I was healthy and thus went to work. Halfway through work, I caught a fever.  :( As I slept my dreams were senseless, couldn't make out a single thing, but akin to a war/heist movie where the disease tried to take over my mind and my immune system giving its all to stop it.

But you know what? Give in to illness and it only makes you sicker (is that a word?). I won't let this disease beat me! I am a superior lifeform, and I will destroy this cold before it does more damage. Run Rabbit Junk!

I feel week, tired, dizzy, bone-achey; but I'll drink Ginger tea, do some pushups, run a little, have a chavanprash, and mostly meditate Buddhist-style (good excuse to try this type of meditation for the first time)!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: July 25, 2011, 01:30:13 am »
Get well soon tushantin. Hmm, maybe there's a bright side -- James Cameron came up with The Terminator while he was languishing in some kind of fever. Maybe this will help you dream up the Next Big Thing!

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: July 25, 2011, 03:16:05 am »
Microblog sometimes is the best thing to spread  false rumors.  :?

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: July 25, 2011, 01:13:57 pm »
I don't mean to nudge myself into a conversation which rightfully belongs between you and Lord J, tush, but I think I may be able to refine your argument a little.

Quote from: tushantin
Similarly we are aware that religion is no substitute for experience and such, but we do follow it as a moral guide nevertheless. Religion doesn't tell us what to do here, but it does make us ponder, giving us a better judgement when facing reality. It's like a GPS Navigation system: it doesn't drive you to your destination, but does give you a vague idea of where you stand and where you're headed.

This is a great description, and if I can be presumptuous, I think you are heavily informed by the fact that philosophy and religious thought seem quite closely wedded in the history of Hindu thinking, and there is a lot less of an emphasis on topics like apologetics and theology. (Let me know if I'm wrong at any point here. My studies on India have hardly been comprehensive.) To a Western thinker, they are at odds. This is a shortsided view in certain respects -- there was no tension between them for most of our history and it's all been deeply politicized -- but it's nonetheless the way things stand right now.

But morality, at least in terms of analysis of right and wrong, doesn't exactly require religion. So your emphasis on its ability to instill ethics in a person is a little misguided. Cultural mores can do that just as effectively, and for my part, I think that cultural mores are actually the driving power behind religiously motivated ethics; all the examples you ascribe to religion are pretty indistinguishable from cultural assertions. So I'd encourage you to think of what religion can offer on the subject that philosophy, logic, and cultural cultivation of empathy and civicmindedness can't. Think about your grandfather, maybe, and what role religion actually played in giving him a meaningful framework that he passed along to you, separate from his (possible) good moral fiber and his philosophical development. Think about the Bhavagad Gita and why it's not written as a plain philosophical treatise, but rather as a vast verse epic featuring the gods. And if you have thoughts on that, I'd love to know them, for my part.

(I hope I don't sound condescending here. Though I obviously have my own answers, I'm not trying to push your thought in any particular direction; I'm not a teacher anymore. ;) I'm just interested in seeing how your thinking develops.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:22:02 pm by Syna »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6056 on: July 25, 2011, 06:33:03 pm »
Get well soon tushantin. Hmm, maybe there's a bright side -- James Cameron came up with The Terminator while he was languishing in some kind of fever. Maybe this will help you dream up the Next Big Thing!
:lol: Well, majority of my inspiration came from Fata Morgana today. I feel better than this morn, but went to the docs and she says I'm still horribly ill -- that explains my constant pangs of weakness on physical exertions (damn, I shouldn't have done those push-ups...) Haven't eaten all day, though; worried I might throw up.

I don't mean to nudge myself into a conversation which rightfully belongs between you and Lord J, tush, but I think I may be able to refine your argument a little.
Not at all!  :D It's a Forum, and anybody is free to join in the conversation, and I'm always interested in knowing people's views. So, here we go.

See, India is in a completely opposite state than the USA; it's been a LOOOOONGGG while since we ever had religious wars (like, pre-freedom era) which ended the moment Shirdi Sai Baba (a bi-religious Guru) delivered his teachings, and at the current state it's the government that's screwed up while religion attempts to save lives and reverse damages by educating the poor, passing wisdom and empathy, etc. all because of the moral value that stayed true to their teachings and all in the name of human welfare. Though many renowned schools were expensive, my poverty stricken friend, who lived in a mud-hut at the road-side, was educated at a Christian-funded academy, while I got my admission at a Sindhi school that lowered expenses for my struggling family.

(Side Note: Sindhi, compared to any other Indian Race, are considered to be the truest and purest Indo-Aryan/Hindu races of Bharata, masters of trade and economy, but also the earliest to be influenced by Islam; the Sindhi Hindu however, staying true to their early culture migrated and blended. Thus the reason they keep saying Allah despite worshiping Hindu gods. Oh, and I'm also a Sindhi.  8))

I think you are heavily informed by the fact that philosophy and religious thought seem quite closely wedded in the history of Hindu thought.
Hell yeah! ...Sort of.  :o Yes, and no. I'm not sure how to explain this (illness still takes control of my mind), but here's the (example) answer in one word: Guru. No, I'm not talking about the Guru from the western perspective, rather Indian, where Guru means teacher. Some were practical at their trade, while some others were philosophical sages, and there was a reason they were know as Learned/Enlightened and most of them were empowered by religion.  :) I think you can deduce the rest; if not, lemme know and I'll explain once my illness subsides.

But morality, at least in terms of analysis of right and wrong, doesn't exactly require religion. So your emphasis on its ability to instill ethics in a person is a little misguided. Cultural mores can do that just as effectively, and for my part, I think that cultural mores are actually the driving power behind religiously motivated ethics; all the examples you ascribe to religion are pretty indistinguishable from cultural assertions. So I'd encourage you to think of what religion can offer on the subject that philosophy, logic, and cultural cultivation of empathy and civicmindedness can't.

Ah, you misunderstand me there: of course, it isn't a requirement! (Actually, it was a requirement, since all moral principles flourished from religion and thus expanded beyond its boundaries to stabilize civilizations) However, Religion does have the power to empower ethics and influence cultures, and filters and amplifies the best positive emotions. Hmm, I think I'll have to explain by examples (pardon my incompetence at explanations):

See, religion is usually one focus, while people and societies tend to segregate into castes, thus importing and altering upon the same philosophy in the name of the same religion. Problem is, what these differences, whether good or corrupt, that are called religious teachings are actually nothing more that cultural mores or independent practitioners (see Benny Hinn and Westboro Baptist as corrupt, but Shia Islam as an improved caste); this also makes it an easy target for political agenda. For instance, take any religion and travel; in one area that religion would be sacrificing animals, while in another the same religion would say God does not tolerate sacrifices. If both have the same source, how is this difference even possible, you've probably guessed. But if the philosophy behind any religion is strong enough, such as Buddhism or Hinduism, it can remain rigid and also open.

Now back to the differences between it and those cultural mores. While the ethics re-enforced by culture alone might be powerful it can at times also be misguided, which is where Religion comes in: it not only improves the situation but also pushes ethics beyond the boundaries of that culture. Here's a fun-fact: in India, it is the collective Religion (yup, over seven Religion) that united and defined our culture in the first place! While some backward societies and classes were in some point of time (and still do) stuck with horrible traditions, like feminine inferiority, dowry, baby-girl sacrifice, etc. (See? Cultural mores) but we tackled them and did our best to improve situations. These classes were then educated, but this did not improve their anxiety, tribalism and anger until temples were opened and they learned empathy. Religion at this point acts like a Filter of Humanity -- it teaches you how to be a better person.

Now here's something I love about my country's culture, and how it was defined by religion. There's a reason they call India a nation of Unity in Diversity, and it is that we're not only cool to be different and embrace whatever beliefs we want, but also that together we stand unbreakable, and that every religion philosophies are interlinked and form a web of guidance. Our best philosophies and ethics come from United Religion that force their ways beyond their cultural borders. We celebrate Festivals called in by Religion for certain purposes (oh, and having fun too), such as Diwali where not only do you get to destroy a Demon King with a flaming arrow but also as reminder of victory of light over darkness; the night conquered by light. And the wisdom given forth also helps you in a long run.

One may also consider religious teachings as an Academic teaching: both seem important. True, a man can learn ethics either by experience or cultural pressure, but that takes time. Religious, or philosophical, studies give a man a head-start. It's like warning a child that fire can hurt him before his curiosity leads him to burning himself. Yes, experience is the best teacher, but if one still insists that it's the only thing one needs, well, then don't pay for the child's school and let him figure out Science on his own.

Of course, Civic-mindedness does improve upon society, provided the system is proper.

Think about your grandfather, maybe, and what role religion actually played in giving him a meaningful framework that he passed along to you, separate from his (possible) good moral fiber and his philosophical development. Think about the Bhavagad Gita and why it's not written as a philosophical treatise. And if you have thoughts on that, I'd love to know them, for my part.
I may not be religious, but I do practice it if only because my parents and grandparents believed in their Gods. To me, the stone statues before me (with all the humbleness and respect in my heart) are either a memory of the distant past, of my ancestors, or simply a magnificent craftsmanship brought by art and literature of incredible devotion; but to them, these idols were more than that.

My grandfather was a hardcore Philanthropist, a wise man, and religious to the core. Religion strengthened his good nature and opened his mind, showed him the art of tolerance, helping him learn of the outside world better. Despite all the bullshit and deception he had to deal with from evil folks, he simply never gave up his good will, even if it drove him into ruin. All he wanted was the world to be a better place, even if it meant to make a random person smile everyday, because when you smile the whole world smile with you. He lived through poverty and suffering but never lost faith in his dream. He truly was a Sage. But further more, what Religion gave him most, was discipline and humbleness.

Speaking of Bhagwad Gita, Religion also partakes into amplifying metaphysical, practical and philosophical curiosity with thought-provoking literature and art, essentially where the major Religion keep drumming in intellectual concepts such as Ignorance is Sin. Such as the quarrel between the Hunter and a Brahmin, and Krishna's lessons about "the lies and the truth", all point to educating the reader/masses into understanding their world, how to deal with it, and how to decide their own destiny.

I'm sorry if my post makes no sense. I'll try again later.  :(

P.S.: I would like to point something. In the words of Diane Vera (a Satanist -- yeah, Satanism is awesome too), Worship doesn't necessarily mean mindless devotion or selling yourself to a fictional supernatural deity; most commonly by the worshipers, the term usually means something alike Undying Respect.

There's also a word in Hindi relating to religion that doesn't seem have an English equivalent. The word is Shraddha, a kind of sentiment that the truest and the most devoted people feel, whether for their Gods, their ancestors, or ones they've lost. The term means a lot of things; Faith, respect, loyalty, love, gratefulness, etc. but its proper meaning is hard to express accurately in English. And funny enough, from what I've learned, most English speaking people don't even have that kinda emotion, and even if they do they're misdirecting/mis-inducing it as something else entirely, all because language controls human imagination.

What's interesting is that those who do feel this emotion are instantly sincere, if only for a few moments. Shraddha, in turn, induces empathy. Now those funeral rituals and Satsangs make sense!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:05:37 pm by tushantin »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: July 25, 2011, 09:51:11 pm »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

"Shee, sitting yelling rabble isn't going to-"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6058 on: July 26, 2011, 04:46:25 am »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

"Shee, sitting yelling rabble isn't going to-"
LMFAO!!  :lol:

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH RABBLE RABBLE" <----- I think that would make a good Pop song!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: July 26, 2011, 12:24:21 pm »
Nah, it should be "BEEEEEEEETTTTY RUBBLE RUBBLE." Hanna-Barbera Death Metal is the next big thing.