Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484614 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6000 on: June 24, 2011, 04:20:25 pm »
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&item=230634670078

Fuck people who bid early and drive the price up on stuff. It's the pinnacle of stupid Ebay behavior. You're not laying claim to anything; 15 snipers are going to put their max bids in with 2 seconds left anyhow, and all you've done is raise the ultimate cost.

I'm sorry, but... that made me LOL.  :lol:

Not that I should be buying Augustus memorabilia anyway; I need to get that Chronopolis watch first.
8)

I still hope whoever gets that memorabilia takes damn good care of it.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: June 24, 2011, 07:20:02 pm »
People inspecting the house...of all days.  I guess 6 more days when I'm outta here would've been too much...

BAH  LEAVE!!!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #6002 on: June 25, 2011, 07:48:55 am »
frustration: When you're happy being late in the computer and suddenly realize that it's almost the hour to get ready to go to work, and you haven't sleep yet :shock: >_>

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6003 on: June 25, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »
Three frustrations:

1) F@%k!!! I CAN'T TYPE ON NORMAL KEYBOARDS ANYMORE, WAAAHH!! :cry:

2) As much as I'm happy for the Gay Community at New York, the event saddens me personally.  :( (No, I'm not gay)

3) As much as I try, I just can't seem to reset my body clock...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6004 on: June 27, 2011, 11:17:28 am »
UNHOLY SHIT!!! A CUSTOMER TRICKED ME!

So there was a rush of people asking me for prints. Tried to satisfy all of them. One guy paid me ten bucks, while another was simply walking away without paying. I told him he owed me 7. He said he gave me 10 (I didn't remember this). I ended up paying the guy 3 coz I was too busy. Turns out I was tricked...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:39:35 am by tushantin »

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: June 30, 2011, 02:41:20 am »
Ol' Shee took an L today.  It happens.  Absolutely muffed my audition today.  Infuriating, really...to not reach your potential.  I've done it before in the past, I'll get there again.  But FUCK until then!!

Packing up for the move.  Came across all sorts of old shit.  I...never... do well with that sort of thing.  Old college essays.  Some random chicken stuff still around.  A few tapes and drawings from high school.  Photos, trinkets, etc. etc. etc.  Letters from ex-gf's ("how in the hell did I ever make anyone that happy?" really shouldn't have been how I thought about those, but....shit...).  A copy of my application to graduate from college.  Shit from moving across the country.  Stuff from old homes in LA.  Stuff from my family's home.

I really should be celebrating all/some of this history, but I feel horrible.  I think I'm just tired...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6006 on: June 30, 2011, 04:13:06 pm »
That stuff can be a real drag. Earlier this year, I went home and went through all my stuff. I threw away tons of stuff...all my old school assignments, etc...except for anything with artistic value or that might be fun to share with someone. I scanned some other stuff into my computer, so it's "there" except not occupying space in the physical world, and not resting on my mind...

It's really easy to let the things you own end up owning you, but it's tough to get rid of stuff, since it's like throwing away pieces of your identity and development...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6007 on: June 30, 2011, 05:59:39 pm »
@Shee: How can you not make her that happy?  :lol: You're funny and yo know it! Anywhos, I know things are hectic, but sleep on it. There's nothing like a big "Fuck You" to Big Bud Frustration, and waking up to reclaiming the world again with a big smile.

It's really easy to let the things you own end up owning you, but it's tough to get rid of stuff, since it's like throwing away pieces of your identity and development...
This is going in my notebook. As a matter of fact, this deserves to be re-quoted! And here we are...

And here again...

It's really easy to let the things you... STOP THAT, DAMMIT!!
Eeps! I are sowwie...  :cry:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6008 on: June 30, 2011, 06:18:30 pm »
I feel like it was a quote from somewhere, though...

Oh, Fight Club. "The things you own end up owning you."

Sigh, Fight Club...at its core, it's a condemnation of superficial masculinity, and yet, this managed to go over the heads of almost everyone who saw the movie.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: June 30, 2011, 07:25:25 pm »
Based on the commentary of the people I knew (male and female) who liked Fight Club, I was convinced I would despise it for the longest time. Then I saw it and realized how few people effectively learned literary analysis in high school, sigh.

(I can't believe Chuck Palahnuik ever convinced anybody that he wasn't gay.)

I'm an obsessive record-keeper myself. I think I'm pretty good at paring things down to what I absolutely feel I need to remember, but I get a bit crazy about it. I really enjoy reading things like past journals or writing assignments -- it can lend so much insight into who you were, and how you got to where you are; I feel best about my life when I feel that it has strong narrative arcs and themes, and I suppose records help me create them.

Quote from: Shee
Infuriating, really...to not reach your potential.  I've done it before in the past, I'll get there again.  But FUCK until then!!

I've been there! (Especially "FUCK until then!!", lol.) Just try to remember that the times you shine are the ones that matter, and the ones that last and mean something, people's pettiness and criticism aside. Just look at Michael Jackson!

(Or... don't, that's actually rather depressing, ha.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:39:18 pm by Syna »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6010 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:49 pm »
Oh, Fight Club. "The things you own end up owning you."
Hah, I figured. As much as I'd like a sequel to that I hope they don't make one. Masterpieces get ruined with sequels (except Godfather). I loved the anti-consumerism theme and the twist at the end. And I did get the hidden message: the hero is always inside you, sleeping untapped; get your ass in gear or that hero might just turn into a villain.

I really enjoy reading things like past journals or writing assignments -- it can lend so much insight into who you were, and how you got to where you are; I feel best about my life when I feel that it has strong narrative arcs and themes, and I suppose records help me create them.
That... That goes in my notebook too!

Yeah, I got a whale database of essential information, but when it comes to organizing my life... I'm toast. I don't know how you guys do it.

Just try to remember that the times you shine are the ones that matter, and the ones that last and mean something, people's pettiness and criticism aside.
xD I'd like to add something lest someone gets a paralysis-by-analysis: Hakuna Matata, and enjoy what you do! If you make like a steam engine and feel pressured you're bound to blow, so throw aside that balloon and grab a fookin flute!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #6011 on: July 01, 2011, 03:07:58 am »
Today I discovered an old friend is no longer living in the country, sigh. She moved abroad just some weeks ago. I was missing my old friends, and I wanted to contact her and see if we could meet up. Now i feel bad for not keeping more in contact =/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:28:18 am by Licawolf »

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: July 01, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »
Indeed.  Indeed.  Quite frankly yesterday was an L as well.  Long, mundane...turned into aggravating, and by the time I made it to scene study I was a twisted knotball of stress and anger.  2.0 went all buddy buddy, and I dipped to go pack up more shit.  Meditated a bit.  I wonder why I pile on myself with nothing.  NOTHING.  Absolutely nothing!!!  This relates back...I should be celebrating a lot of what's going on...and I feel the opposite...

Then realized I'm absolutely fucking exhausted.  I haven't a moment to breathe since the Vegas job (which still needs to PAY ME, btw).  I think it's just all catching up to me.  I'm sitting in Kinko's or Fedex or whatever the fuck they're calling themselves these days, ripe and dirty as 10 jams, kinda just existing at this desk for a few minutes. 

Luckily, I had another audition today that actually went well, even though I was a good decade younger than everyone else there again... ... .. .. ...so it goes.  Two more VO auditions over the weekend.  At least I got my bed setup already...now off the the old home to "take down the drums" by beating the ever living hell out of them one last time.*

*One meaning 30, of course.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6013 on: July 02, 2011, 03:05:15 pm »
Hah, the irony. But hey, life can't blame ya. You did your best! And you earn a night's repose, so don't wear yourself out. Need to make the world smile.  :D

At least I got my bed setup already...now off the the old home to "take down the drums" by beating the ever living hell out of them one last time.
Haha, you have no idea how awesome that sounds! I've seen people kick punching bags in frustration, but very rarely blokes let themselves flow in sheer creative music.

Today's frustration:

Kids, it's Friday. Friday. Kids, just leave me alone on Friday!  :x

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6014 on: July 10, 2011, 02:00:23 pm »
THIS WORLD IS SHIT!! FUCK GOLD HUGGERS!! FUCK EVERY ONE OF YOU PEOPLE WHO WORSHIP MONEY BEYOND ANY HUMAN EMPATHY!

:picardno

Remember my brother's good friend who died in an accident last year? Heard his brother's story today. A lot of shit happened, but this... this was unbelievable. When Krishna died his family had to face a lot of legal problems and misery, especially hoping that the bus driver was put behind bars, though it wasn't important compared to dealing with the loss of their son since by law every driver responsible would have their license confiscated. Anywhos, after the accident Krishna's bike was secured by the cops, so when the family asked for it they could have it... for 2000 bucks.

:evil:

Okay, I know the scale of corruption here, and I wouldn't be surprised if the cops demanded bribes from criminals, stations and even us lowly shopkeepers and Cyber Cafe owners, but... placing monetary demands in front of a dead guy's family?!

Oh, and adding insult to the injury, the guy who killed Krishna is still driving freely and jovially without a criminal record, his license safe and without the guilt of murder in his heart. Why? He paid a precious amount as bribe obviously!

*Headdesk*

Krishna had potential to be big. He always told us that one day he would fly. He was robbed of his future, and his dreams shattered in one unpredictable moment. I can never forgive those assholes who make this world a hell to live in.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:04:10 pm by tushantin »