Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484533 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4125 on: September 28, 2009, 07:57:49 pm »
i posted this in the springtime of youth, but ill post it here too.
my dog got hit by a car today.
shes currently at the vet. theyre doing what they can to make her comfortable, and theyll call if shell be able to make it through comfortably. dad said that if shes suffering he told them to just put her down. if she doesnt make it...
ill keepy ou guys posted.

i feel like i got hit by a car instead.

This can be one of the most difficult things to deal with in life. Remember that animals are capable of love and memory, more than many of us give them credit for. So no matter what happens, your dog in all probability knows she was loved.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 28, 2009, 08:05:25 pm »
My eldest dog died today. She was old...well over fifteen. Perhaps over seventeen! And I was at school while it happened. I noticed something up this morning, and I did not wish to go to school...but I had to. And, alas, she went into congestive heart failure, built up too much fluid within her lungs, and needed to be...

Put down.

My anger at myself is unrelenting, however, I must know that there was nothing I really could have done. My anger is for not being there.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: September 28, 2009, 09:14:11 pm »
Zombie and TK, my deepest sympathies.  Dogs are so wonderfully complex and affecting, and it's hard to bear the worst happening to such creatures.  Like Z said, they do know that they're loved, and they have a strong rapport with their family.  So, even when it is impossible to be with them the good in your connection is not lost to them.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 28, 2009, 10:42:07 pm »
im terribly sorry to hear about your dog, tk. and now... i know how it feels.
chrisie was going to live, but she was going to live a miserable life compared to what she could have had. one of her legs had shattered and she wouldnt be able to walk again. we all went down to the vet and they put her to sleep. i know that i cried. my sister cried too. my brother had to leave the room he was so upset.

i think that this was the best way... i certainly would rather be dead than live my life totally crippled. and she was just a little one too... barely a year old. but we always made sure that she knew she was loved. every day when i came home from work i was greeted with a flying mass of lassy-dog and ten thousand licks. shed play around when we were happy, and shed curl up with me when i was sad. and most nights i found her sitting patiently at the end of my bed or hiding somewhere in my fort.
i wish i could have had more time with her... maybe if i didnt trade walking chores for cleaning the kitchen this wouldnt have happened. but what can i do right now? as the lsogan on the site that greeted me today said, 'it is literally impossible to go back in time.' what has happened, happened. i should grieve, then move on and keep her in my heart.

for now its too soon to get another canine companion. we would all feel like she was being replaced. chrisie wasnt like the fish we had before, where when they died you can just scoop them out and flush 'em and get some new ones. chrisie was a part of our lives, and she will be dearly missed.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4129 on: September 28, 2009, 11:24:06 pm »
I'm so sorry, Bucky. Poor Chrisie, rest peacefully.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: September 28, 2009, 11:39:17 pm »
I'm sorry TK and Zombie.   :(  I am positive that you were both wonderful companions to them and that your dogs knew that they were dearly loved.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 29, 2009, 05:11:12 pm »
we had her cremated. they put her in a nice jar and dad told me to keep it, because i was her favorite. the jar was very pretty and had her name on it. they had glued her tags to the front under her name. i cant decide if i want to let her ashes fly free into the wind or keep her right next to me.
i think shell stay right here.
and this is one jar that i wont let break.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: September 30, 2009, 04:05:40 am »
Sometimes, if I don't get enough sleep, hours later my sleep will be a completion of the last cycle instead of the beginning of a new one.

So I just finished Monday's sleep cycle by getting 3 and a half hours of REM sleep, and now I'm rather awake. Damn.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: October 01, 2009, 12:55:55 am »
The pink in my hair is fading, and my natural roots are growing in, so my hair looks crazy-strange.

IT'S MAKING MY FACE LOOK STRANGE TOO.   :x

Also, it's rude to play tonsil-hockey in the living room when other people are in the dorm.  Go to your bedroom, dammit.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: October 01, 2009, 01:17:06 am »
YOUR LEFT CHEEK IS CONTRACTING! SEEK HELP! :shock:

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: October 01, 2009, 04:44:50 am »
Careful in your diagnosis, doctor.  Perhaps it is her right cheek that is growing!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: October 01, 2009, 10:05:30 am »
I dreamed Yuji Horii came over to some apartment (I guess it was mine) and offered to help translate Chrono materials. He was a real jerk, though, demanding I bring up the stuff to be translated faster and faster and impatiently chainsmoking in the meantime. He ultimately translated the word "Kurono" for me, then left and stole a puppy I was taking care of. The puppy ran away from him and jumped in an RV, then drove it into a nearby lake, where he was rescued by a migrant worker.

It seems plot holes are unavoidable where Horii's concerned...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:15 am »
University bureaucracies.

It is easier to reason with strict 7-day creationists than these people.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: October 01, 2009, 12:11:23 pm »
University bureaucracies.It is easier to reason with strict 7-day creationists than these people.

Must be an individual thing--individual universities, that is. I have never had anything but a helpful experience with the UW's bureaucracy. I did love to make fun of them, however, for the fact that Schmitz Hall, the former bureaucratic nerve center of the University, is shaped, literally, like an upside-down step pyramid.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4139 on: October 01, 2009, 02:43:48 pm »
It is easier to reason with strict 7-day creationists than these people.

Wouldn't the strict ones be 6-day creationists?