Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484533 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4035 on: September 19, 2009, 02:28:44 pm »
Yeuch.  Beer.  I've never liked it.  I'm strictly a vodka and whiskey kind of girl.  ;)  Especially vodka.  I love my vodka!

Zephira--what the hell??  That's so damn rude.  Maybe you should buy your own fridge or something.  I know they're probably super expensive though.  -___-  Bleh!  Sorry about the crazy situation.  : /

Frustration::  I was supposed to see my boyfriend this weekend.  He lives about 4 hours away from where I go to school, so I was going to take a train to [insert city where he lives].  Unfortunately, I've been getting more and more sick this entire week--and progressively getting less and less sleep--and so I was too sick to visit him.   :(

Added frustration--the place that I live in is INCREDIBLY STUPID because they only have one train that travels to [insert city] a day.  And it's at 7 am.  >_<  And this is a major U.S. city we're talking about.  And it's only 4 hours away!  Guh.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:38:57 pm by Sajainta »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: September 19, 2009, 02:35:34 pm »
Careful Sajainta, I think we can narrow down your potential country of origin based on that.  :lol: But it may be a misconception on my part; maybe they like Vodka in South Africa too, or maybe you had your first swig of it in the US.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: September 19, 2009, 02:43:03 pm »
Careful Sajainta, I think we can narrow down your potential country of origin based on that.  :lol: But it may be a misconception on my part; maybe they like Vodka in South Africa too, or maybe you had your first swig of it in the US.

Haha!  Perhaps!  I will say that I've never lived in Eurasia or Eastern Europe.   :)  My first swig of vodka was in the United Kingdom when I was 12.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #4038 on: September 20, 2009, 05:25:45 am »

Zephira--what the hell??  That's so damn rude.  Maybe you should buy your own fridge or something.  I know they're probably super expensive though.  -___-  Bleh!  Sorry about the crazy situation.  : /

Frustration::  I was supposed to see my boyfriend this weekend.  He lives about 4 hours away from where I go to school, so I was going to take a train to [insert city where he lives].  Unfortunately, I've been getting more and more sick this entire week--and progressively getting less and less sleep--and so I was too sick to visit him.   :(

Added frustration--the place that I live in is INCREDIBLY STUPID because they only have one train that travels to [insert city] a day.  And it's at 7 am.  >_<  And this is a major U.S. city we're talking about.  And it's only 4 hours away!  Guh.

I second that motion. Get yourself a mini fridge. They can be around 100 dollars or maybe even less for a used one... That's what I'd do.

And US public transit just really sucks in general D:. Especially outside metropolitan areas. That was the nice thing about Japan... a country where basically everything is connected by trains that run pretty frequently.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: September 20, 2009, 01:50:08 pm »
And US public transit just really sucks in general D:. Especially outside metropolitan areas. That was the nice thing about Japan... a country where basically everything is connected by trains that run pretty frequently.

Hell yes.  The place I lived in Europe had excellent transportation.  My family and I lived there for 4 years and never owned a car.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: September 20, 2009, 06:01:35 pm »
Naturally the "values voters" states are the ones most willing to subject their daughters to cervical cancer on grounds of sexual puritanism:

http://www.seattlepi.com/health/1500ap_us_med_hpv_vaccinations.html

Ugh. From my point of view, it's like these people don't even care about their own children. I know that's not true; they do care. But it's such a fucked up care that it seems totally alien to me. Your god is more important than your kid? Jeez...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4041 on: September 20, 2009, 06:06:46 pm »
Classes start tomorrow! I've no MMdP classes, which totally sucks, so I'm just doing high school classes this quarter. I have to get up at 6 each morning, so there goes my stay-up-till-1AM-drawing-every-night sleep schedule.
Also, it's be-lethargic-and-in-pain week. Yay! :picardno

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4042 on: September 21, 2009, 08:50:36 am »
FUCK going to sleep. I waste an hour every fucking day lying there, rolling around, finding a comfortable position, whatever, just waiting to fucking go to sleep. I don't even drink soda anymore, so it's not like caffeine is preventing me. I just waited 50 good minutes of my life that could have been spent working on things or hell, having fun. Wasted; gone. I wish I could just press a button and immediately go to sleep. More than that, I wish I didn't have to sleep.

I'd rather force being up 2 days at a time if it would ensure I could fall asleep in a timely manner. Anything but this.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll stay up and keep working, and deal with being tired after I wake up. Ugh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:09:50 am by ZeaLitY »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: September 21, 2009, 02:08:22 pm »
I had to skip two classes today because I was too ill to go.  I can't stand missing classes.  At least I warned the professors on Friday, and then sent them emails last night...

I woke up this morning (after actually getting over 4 hours of sleep--YES) with a head that seemed to weigh about 20 lbs.  And then my nose started bleeding right after I sneezed.  Gag.

I did have an interesting Chrono-related dream though.  I'll have to type it up.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #4044 on: September 21, 2009, 04:58:25 pm »
FUCK going to sleep. I waste an hour every fucking day lying there, rolling around, finding a comfortable position, whatever, just waiting to fucking go to sleep. I don't even drink soda anymore, so it's not like caffeine is preventing me. I just waited 50 good minutes of my life that could have been spent working on things or hell, having fun. Wasted; gone. I wish I could just press a button and immediately go to sleep. More than that, I wish I didn't have to sleep.

I'd rather force being up 2 days at a time if it would ensure I could fall asleep in a timely manner. Anything but this.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll stay up and keep working, and deal with being tired after I wake up. Ugh.

Take sleep meds. Nyquil works for me, but I've been strongly recommended to use melatonin too.

I've been having this same problem recently D:. Before that, I would just wake up earlier than what I was used to. Actually, I've been tired every day for about 2 months now.

Sorry you don't feel well, Sajainta. I remember one day, sophomore year, I had food poisoning and spent the entire night puking. I don't remember if I went to class or not. I didn't go to at least one class that day. Sometimes, I would  be too into going to class. The day my cat died, I went to class to be distracted from crying all day XD;.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4045 on: September 21, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »
Step brother: "Hey, can I keep your Wii in my room downstairs?"
Mom: "No, that stays up here."
Mom (on the phone) : "Hey, have you seen my Wii? It's been missing for a while."
Me (on phone) : "I think they've been keeping it downstairs."

Rosie's dog crate is also missing, along with the cabinet that mom kept her stamps in and the limited edition Halo 3 xbox360 rechargable controller I got for Christmas. Apparently we all must make sacrifices, without our knowing or consent, for the comfort and pampering of those people downstairs.

EdIT: Apparently I'm at blame for this too. Step-dad's writing up a "lists of expectations" because he's tired of "all the kids fucking up". Looks like we quite one of our "family discussions" tonight (sit and listen while he rants angrily for hours on end). Gee, what a great way to start the quarter.
</emo>
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:39:57 pm by Zephira »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: September 21, 2009, 07:59:21 pm »
Sleep medications are not a good idea. Most of them are habit-forming and can cause real substance abuse problems later in life. Also, users will build up a tolerance to both those and the sleep aids that are not habit-forming, making them an ineffective long-term solution. My solution, Z, for what it is worth--because I too have sleep-onset insomnia--is to go to bed when I'm tired enough to know that I'll fall asleep quickly. When I'm operating on a rigid schedule, that means having many tired days, but this can be mitigated somewhat by going to sleep early on nights following tired days, and sleeping a little longer than usual on the weekends or off-days.

Some alternatives include doing heavy exercise in the course of the day, taking more steps to set apart your bed(room?) as a place purely for sleeping, partaking of sedative rather than stimulative activities when you realize you're ready to go to bed, and seeing your doctor for sound medical advice.

Edit: And to you, Sajainta, get well soon! Feel better.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: September 21, 2009, 08:00:29 pm »
So a fire is on some backhills is threatening to burn down both my work and my University...yea thats not what I want right now.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #4048 on: September 21, 2009, 11:33:31 pm »
Sleep medications are not a good idea. Most of them are habit-forming and can cause real substance abuse problems later in life. Also, users will build up a tolerance to both those and the sleep aids that are not habit-forming, making them an ineffective long-term solution. My solution, Z, for what it is worth--because I too have sleep-onset insomnia--is to go to bed when I'm tired enough to know that I'll fall asleep quickly. When I'm operating on a rigid schedule, that means having many tired days, but this can be mitigated somewhat by going to sleep early on nights following tired days, and sleeping a little longer than usual on the weekends or off-days.

Some alternatives include doing heavy exercise in the course of the day, taking more steps to set apart your bed(room?) as a place purely for sleeping, partaking of sedative rather than stimulative activities when you realize you're ready to go to bed, and seeing your doctor for sound medical advice.

Edit: And to you, Sajainta, get well soon! Feel better.

They've never become habit forming for me, never had to take a higher dose, and I've been taking them since HS. The trick is not to use them every night and only when you have serious insomnia. Serious insomnia for me is staying awake for over an hour before sleep. I take sleep meds then.

Your trick works well too. The best way to fight insomnia is to stick to a very strict schedule of sleep EVERY day of the week (even weekends), but I am not interested in doing that, and  I also have some other problems which cause insomnia. I could have it worse, I suppose.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: September 22, 2009, 03:18:01 pm »
I'm sorry, I have to be an insensitive jerk for a moment.

Does anyone else find it friggenly awesome that Z's so full of Springtime of Youthfullness that he (and his body) doesn't even want to sleep? That's hardcore right there.