Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484331 times)

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3585 on: August 11, 2009, 04:13:06 pm »
one of my favorite word processors is wordperfect. my sister installed it on my computer and i use it most times, but the main problem is it saves in a .wpf file. it only opens in wordperfect which sucks. so after i write it i have to put it in a .rtf or something to share it. the program has a lot of editing tools and is more for proffesional writers iguess, but its still awesome.

im frustrated that i just spent four hours cleaning the living room and kitchen and as soon as my brother got home from a video game session at his friends house he tore the living room up.
why do i do the things i do?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: August 11, 2009, 06:28:22 pm »
I did a lot of writing back on the old DOS-based WordPerfect back in the day; it was my first word processor. Ah, that soothing old blue screen...the approachable white text...that blocky blinking cursor. Good stuff! I still have WordPerfect files on my present computer some fifteen years later; I never got around to converting them.

My frustration of the moment is a mild one: waking up late enough in the day that I missed the morning clouds and am facing the prospect of afternoon sunshine. Today, the sky looks to be going that route, although there's still a chance the clouds will regroup around the four o'clock hour.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3587 on: August 12, 2009, 01:27:20 am »
Ok, so I'm sitting in class today. For those who don't know, I'm a Respiratory Therapist in training. We're in class, and reviewing for a test on Thursday. Well my teacher thinks it prudent that he ask me the hardest question possible out of his groups of questions. Usually, this wouldn't be a problem. Except for the fact that every answer to this question is RIGHT, but he wants the BEST answer. I of course choose a right answer, but not the best. I felt like an idiot.

Also, my girlfriend is out of town all week. >_<

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: August 12, 2009, 03:47:18 am »
The Perseids peak tonight... and it's cloudy.  :(

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: August 12, 2009, 03:57:40 am »
Here's one.

I have finished my first ever screenplay, The Silver Lotus*, weighing in at a nominal 97 pages.  I felt great about myself.  

That was over a month and a half ago.  Now it's time for the rewrite.  Tighter writing, cleaner writing, improved scenes, enhanced dialogue, subtext, proper transition, straightening the facts out... you get the picture.  To make matters worse, I still haven't gotten around to an agent yet or even a marketing strategy for my screenplay.

Quick joke:

What's the difference between writing a screenplay and rewriting a screenplay?

The difference the between the first half and second half of A Clockwork Orange.

*For anyone interested, I can PM you the summary.  Sharing one's literary achievements is a great way to ease frustration.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3590 on: August 12, 2009, 07:55:26 am »
Yeah, um...I'm still upset at Hollywood for buying licenses for things and just crapping out something knowing full-well that they'll make more than they put in by riding name recognition rather than doing something cool like The Dark Knight (I've liked the last few Marvel flicks [Ironman, Incredible Hulk & Punisher: War Zone] as well). So we get stuck with mediocrity like Dragonball: Evolution or, worse yet, complete trash like Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. Disappointed, but I can't say I'm surprised, I guess...*sigh*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3591 on: August 12, 2009, 02:42:17 pm »

NEWSFLASH: YOU HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED FROM CHILDHOOD IN THE MUSLIM FAITH, INCLUDING CONDITIONING TO WEAR RELIGIOUS HEADGEAR

:picardno

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: August 12, 2009, 03:00:14 pm »
First, was she born Muslim or are you assuming"?

Second, meh. Everyone gets conditioned from birth to particular social expectations. That she thinking wearing a hijab is her own choice isn't that different than another woman who might think she wears high heels of her own choosing. Or, indeed, guys who think wearing their hair short it totally their own choice.

EDIT: here's the CNN article, for others: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/12/generation.islam.hijab/index.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:06:01 pm by Thought »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3593 on: August 12, 2009, 03:14:52 pm »
On that vein, my frustration is guys with short hair. Not exactly the guys themselves, but the fact that it's considered girly or indecent for men to wear their hair long. Come on guys, long hair is sexy!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: August 12, 2009, 03:20:20 pm »
Sep-hi-ROTH!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3595 on: August 12, 2009, 03:30:37 pm »
Current frustration: this. Man brings gun to an Obama event. While the situation alone is startling in its own right, the way Chris Matthews [mis]handled himself is downright appalling and the one-sided nature of every comment on that page just annoys the living fuck outta me.

Though the way the fella handled himself in the face of Chris's tirade is downright impressive. We can pretend he's a gun-toting extremist, but he really came off as an intelligent individual who made a very glaring move.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: August 12, 2009, 03:54:01 pm »
I guess Chris Matthews was trying to make his show live up to the name "Hardball" with that one. However, by flying off the handle he missed an opportunity to skillfully and calmly dismantle his guest.

I'm frustrated that those who are against Obama are playing on irrational fears so heavily. The number of shootings we've had since Obama was elected -- with legally purchased firearms and ammunition I assume -- alone should prove that gun rights aren't in the danger people are making them out to be. It's the people who handle guns irresponsibly (Cho Seung Hui, George Sodini, etc) that pose the greatest threat to gun rights. If the NRA doesn't want the government having any say whatsoever in people's gun rights, they need to develop a system that keeps assholes from getting firearms. With freedom comes certain responsibilities. Govern yourself or be governed.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3597 on: August 12, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »
Chris was clearly troubled by the mere thought of a man carrying a gun anywhere near the President. Thankfully this bloke was unbelievably level-headed, even in the constantly reddening face of Matthews. Though I'll commend Chris for getting the man to complete his Jefferson quote--the implicit nature of the quote may have been that man's downfall--and by the latter part of the interview, Chris backed down to the point where it seemed like the two could have a decent discussion. But seriously, whether or not this man was trying to make a glaring statement I can't help but feel that bringing a gun to a rally with the President (and then supposedly waiting outside for him) is in completely bad taste. I guess I'm just not used to the Second Amendment...

I just hope this guy doesn't become the next "Joe the Plumber"...Willy the Gunman?

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3598 on: August 12, 2009, 05:14:38 pm »
On that vein, my frustration is guys with short hair. Not exactly the guys themselves, but the fact that it's considered girly or indecent for men to wear their hair long. Come on guys, long hair is sexy!

:franky Hellz yeah!

I love my long hair.

With freedom comes certain responsibilities. Govern yourself or be governed.

Ben Franklin, FTW!

:hey

Why....Just...why?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: August 12, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »
Why....Just...why?

Because... yeah, there's no good explanation for that one.

Here, maybe some pancakes will make you feel better:

So my frustration is that I'm no where near as good as these people. Admittedly, I don't invest the time, but... Also, I went to add this to the interesting link thread and found that I had ninjaed myself on that matter.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:42:32 pm by Thought »