Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484500 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3360 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:03 pm »
Unexplainable fatigue.

There's nothing quite as annoying as planning a ton of activities for the next day, and then, inextricably losing the energy or willpower to do them. Perhaps it's summer... Perhaps, I'm innately a horrible procrastinator. Whatever it is, it seems I have to fight this curse everyday.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: July 16, 2009, 08:34:58 pm »
I rarely get hopping mad, but I am right now. Absolutely livid. Don't want to talk about it; just want to kill stuff.

(And nothing to do with Truthordeal's comments or anything...)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3362 on: July 16, 2009, 08:39:10 pm »
^ eep... I hope you feel better >_>.

Man I'm bored today... It's also getting hot again. I could take my dog for a walk, but it's too hot right now and I'm kind of bored of pokemon.

Also, about the trans thing. I guess it's ok if you don't care about trans issues, but they're pretty much the most oppressed group in society, IMO. In their case, I would actually argue that "opressed" is a good way to describe their condition...

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3363 on: July 16, 2009, 08:54:00 pm »
Lord J, I don't pretend to know. I respect whatever decision they make with their lives so long as they don't step on my toes. But the fact of the matter is, there are tons of idiot people out there that hate them simply because they choose a different lifestyle. Asinine hate crime statutes aren't going to change that. You told me before about the 4 camps of feminism. At least this time I'm not in the camp that impedes growth. I'm just the one that doesn't care.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:23 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't want men - even a man who thinks he's a woman - in a woman's restroom. It's just.. awkward. Although, what direction will the bathrooms and locker rooms go in the movement for sexual equality? I don't really like the idea of unisex, so how about separate restrooms for men, women, gays, lesbians, men who want to be/think they are/sex changed to women, and women who want to be/think they are/sex changed to men. I think that covers all of them...

Beyond the social sense of either modesty or an ick factor, can you think of any reason you are opposed to unisex bathrooms? My emotional response is for segregated restrooms, but I'm not sure if I can think of any practical reasons to back that up.
Simple. Most men like the toilet seat left up, and most woman like the toilet seat left down. :P

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3365 on: July 16, 2009, 09:21:23 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't want men - even a man who thinks he's a woman - in a woman's restroom. It's just.. awkward. Although, what direction will the bathrooms and locker rooms go in the movement for sexual equality? I don't really like the idea of unisex, so how about separate restrooms for men, women, gays, lesbians, men who want to be/think they are/sex changed to women, and women who want to be/think they are/sex changed to men. I think that covers all of them...

Beyond the social sense of either modesty or an ick factor, can you think of any reason you are opposed to unisex bathrooms? My emotional response is for segregated restrooms, but I'm not sure if I can think of any practical reasons to back that up.

The only practical reason I can think of (probably still considered an ick factor) is deterring sexual harassment. For a time there was a transgender man-turning-woman here at my school who would use the women's bathroom. But after a while, he was caught sticking mirrors or video cameras under the stall dividers to see the other women relieving themselves. I know that not everyone would do something like that, but it's still something that a lot of people fear.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3366 on: July 16, 2009, 10:49:00 pm »
Know what I'm frustrated about? STUPID PET OWNERS. I'm kind of traumatized right now.

I was walking my dog when I ran into these guys working on a house with their two dogs with no leashes on. The little dog didn't like my dog and ran across the street. So I kept walking. Then that dog decided to run back across the street and runs into a car instead. I'm pretty sure it was killed. I screamed and the owners were like "whut" and I told them their dog got run over. When I turn around to check to see if they picked it up, their other dog was in the middle of the street. I feel really sad for the dog, but at the same time really pissed off that its stupid owners couldn't keep their dogs on leashes.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3367 on: July 16, 2009, 11:28:33 pm »
Lord J, I don't pretend to know. I respect whatever decision they make with their lives so long as they don't step on my toes. But the fact of the matter is, there are tons of idiot people out there that hate them simply because they choose a different lifestyle. Asinine hate crime statutes aren't going to change that. You told me before about the 4 camps of feminism. At least this time I'm not in the camp that impedes growth. I'm just the one that doesn't care.

"I don't care" was responsible for greater evils than this in human history. The state of America would be fantastically better if people simply "cared" about politics, the environment, or even economic issues. At some point, a person should realize that this is planet earth, and they're on it; that this is human civilization, and they're in it. I'm not advocating collectivism, but rugged individualism shouldn't lack empathy or concern for Other.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 01:35:45 am by ZeaLitY »

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: July 16, 2009, 11:40:22 pm »
Know what I'm frustrated about? STUPID PET OWNERS. I'm kind of traumatized right now.

I was walking my dog when I ran into these guys working on a house with their two dogs with no leashes on. The little dog didn't like my dog and ran across the street. So I kept walking. Then that dog decided to run back across the street and runs into a car instead. I'm pretty sure it was killed. I screamed and the owners were like "whut" and I told them their dog got run over. When I turn around to check to see if they picked it up, their other dog was in the middle of the street. I feel really sad for the dog, but at the same time really pissed off that its stupid owners couldn't keep their dogs on leashes.

Ooohhh...  I hate seeing animals involved in road accidents.  :(

I wonder why people decide to take care of animals if they're eventually not going to care about them.  I guess they don't know how they'll feel later, but that doesn't excuse the lack of foresight.  

Edit:  If they don't want to take care of their animals, they should put them up for adoption.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:42:33 pm by Uboa »

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3369 on: July 16, 2009, 11:56:06 pm »
Zeality, I'm not saying I don't care because I'm callous to their needs. I'm saying I don't care because I'd rather not get wrapped up in that particular debate.

Its a matter of freedom to do what you want  with your life(transsexualism) vs. freedom to say or think however you want(something hate crime laws will prevent)

I accept transsexuals to do as they wish, but I don't accept passing a law where so much as saying something against transsexualism is a crime punishable by up to a year in prison.

Its a no win situation, so I'm staying out.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: July 17, 2009, 01:48:02 am »
Those god forsaken pathetic spelling errors that are all to common in my posts. Most recently "Said" when I meant to type "Sad"

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3371 on: July 17, 2009, 02:18:00 am »
Zeality, I'm not saying I don't care because I'm callous to their needs. I'm saying I don't care because I'd rather not get wrapped up in that particular debate.

Its a matter of freedom to do what you want  with your life(transsexualism) vs. freedom to say or think however you want(something hate crime laws will prevent)

I accept transsexuals to do as they wish, but I don't accept passing a law where so much as saying something against transsexualism is a crime punishable by up to a year in prison.

Its a no win situation, so I'm staying out.

Alternatively, you can raise your consciousness to the awareness that the dichotomy you pose is false, and that other, potentially better solutions can be found.

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3372 on: July 17, 2009, 02:36:14 am »
Yes, like not supporting this particular legislation, which will get me slammed as a bigot or ignorant or both, if past experience is any indication, or agreeing to sell out people's right to free speech for some oppressed(yes, I'm using that word in this instance) minority's civil right not to be picked on or criticized.

Those are the only two options: support it or oppose it. There was a third, which I tried using; that being, not getting involved and not caring, because it doesn't really affect me down here in SC, but of course I got slammed for that too.

It is a no-win situation.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3373 on: July 17, 2009, 02:41:06 am »
Well it could affect you. If it gets passed in Massachusetts, it won't be long before the bill moves on to other states, and soon it will spread like wildfire. So you could choose not to care until you gets to your state, then it's your problem.
The fourth option is just keep quiet on the matter and let others do the talking if you don't wish to get caught up in an argument. It's worked for me so far. If you don't care, don't dignify it with a response. Apparently you must care at least a little if you feel the need to spend time typing your thoughts on the matter.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: July 17, 2009, 03:56:30 am »
man...

...I don't mind a similar legislation getting passed but...

...me telling a no harm intended joke costing me a year in jail?  That is... a bit overcharged.

Or for that matter, me saying a comment that is taken the wrong way (aka: not insulting to insulting)?