Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484500 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3345 on: July 16, 2009, 12:23:16 pm »
Politically oriented emails from one's parents (or parent-in-laws, grandmothers, etc).

I can ignore them (which is rude) or respond properly to them (which will offend), or I can give a non-committal response (which would be wrong).

gorram no-win scenarios

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: July 16, 2009, 03:10:51 pm »
Gah....lost a member of the Re-Temporal Odyssey. Luckily, it's early on so it shouldn't mess up anything.

And I thought nobody would leave this time (or at least, this early). So, who was it?

Zephira, due to the fact that she now has a job. A very good, legitimate reason to have to leave. I do wish her luck.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3347 on: July 16, 2009, 03:25:17 pm »
I didn't really want to leave the RP, but I talked about it with Captain B first, and thought he would be able to do my character more justice since he has more time.

Frustration: The Unreal level editor. I have to set up a level streaming system for my Unreal II team, yet I can't get it to work. Lucky we're using Unreal3's editor this quarter as opposed to UT2K4. We've only had one crash so far! Though once we get into multiple terrain layers I expect there to be many more.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: July 16, 2009, 03:57:59 pm »
http://patriotsandliberty.com/?p=5653

Not that I'm transgendered, or would ever want to change genders, but this pisses me off to no end.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3349 on: July 16, 2009, 04:06:21 pm »
It pisses you off that people are trying to make transgenderism morally acceptable through the means of law, or that this idiotic blogger seems to dislike it and even goes off tangent as calling transgenderism a mental disorder?

I honestly couldn't care less about the issue of transgendered people. It doesn't seem right to me that you should be able to/would have to force people to accept it through law though.

I just wish people would quit bringing children into it. Let them have their childhoods, for God's sake.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3350 on: July 16, 2009, 04:20:14 pm »
The part that irks me is that broad, loosely defined fine they have. If you see someone walking down the street and say "Hey, there's a man in a dress!" or anything to that effect, you get fined $250,000 and sentenced to a year in prison. Here they're really broadening the definition of a hate crime.
Personally, I wouldn't want men - even a man who thinks he's a woman - in a woman's restroom. It's just.. awkward. Although, what direction will the bathrooms and locker rooms go in the movement for sexual equality? I don't really like the idea of unisex, so how about separate restrooms for men, women, gays, lesbians, men who want to be/think they are/sex changed to women, and women who want to be/think they are/sex changed to men. I think that covers all of them...

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3351 on: July 16, 2009, 04:23:47 pm »
you get fined $250,000 and sentenced to a year in prison.

I think it was $2,500, Zephira. Just nitpicking here.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: July 16, 2009, 05:53:00 pm »
I don't really like the idea of unisex, so how about separate restrooms for men, women, gays, lesbians, men who want to be/think they are/sex changed to women, and women who want to be/think they are/sex changed to men. I think that covers all of them...

I think that bathrooms should stick the way they are:
penises go with penises, and vaginas go with vaginas.  No matter their sexual orientation.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 16, 2009, 05:55:59 pm »
I honestly couldn't care less about the issue of transgendered people. It doesn't seem right to me that you should be able to/would have to force people to accept it through law though.

Yes, we already know you don't give a damn about the human condition.

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3354 on: July 16, 2009, 06:07:45 pm »

:roll: Ignored.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 16, 2009, 06:09:10 pm »

:roll: Ignored.

It might be the best way to go about doing that, yes, but perhaps it isn't the best way to state it.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3356 on: July 16, 2009, 07:27:33 pm »
nevermind then. *didn't read properly*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:36:54 pm by ZaichikArky »

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3357 on: July 16, 2009, 07:31:50 pm »
The law is to make making fun of transgendered people a hate crime. Also, if you don't hire one or whatnot, you get fined and thrown in jail too for a hate crime.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3358 on: July 16, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't want men - even a man who thinks he's a woman - in a woman's restroom. It's just.. awkward. Although, what direction will the bathrooms and locker rooms go in the movement for sexual equality? I don't really like the idea of unisex, so how about separate restrooms for men, women, gays, lesbians, men who want to be/think they are/sex changed to women, and women who want to be/think they are/sex changed to men. I think that covers all of them...

Beyond the social sense of either modesty or an ick factor, can you think of any reason you are opposed to unisex bathrooms? My emotional response is for segregated restrooms, but I'm not sure if I can think of any practical reasons to back that up.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 16, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »
Truthordeal, you honestly have no clue how hard life is for transfolk. In addition to working through the upheaval in their sexual identity, they get even worse treatment by society than the queer community at large. And, since they're smaller in numbers, their plight is all the harder to see. I believe you when you say that you couldn't care less about their wellbeing, because you evidently do not even begin to understand the injustice at work here.

Ignorance is the source of all evil.