Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484353 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3150 on: June 24, 2009, 11:30:12 pm »
Even in myself, I have a much higher number of painful pressure points when my disease is active. 14/18, compared to 3/18 when in remission.

Glad to hear you do your own medical research!
As a side note, vitamin D deficiencies can cause fibromyalgia-like pains. Sorry, I'm not trying to diagnose you or pretend like I'm a doctor (I'm not; I'm a ancient historian by training). I just happen to get exposed to a lot of cool biomedical information (my wife is a doctoral student in at a biomedical research university) and I love to share it.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32:26 pm »
Ancient historian, eh? Pass some of that information this way, my friend! *laughs*

My own teachers cannot even entertain my need for historical studies.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3152 on: June 25, 2009, 01:02:06 am »
Quote from: ZaichiArky
Mormon divorce rate is pretty low

Yeah. Just as an interesting fact, the state of Utah has the most personal debt of any state per capita, and people attribute it to Mormon tithing and the prosperity gospel. Who knows. But you're flat out told that you're not going to the best heaven if you don't pay your 10%. There's a legendary cliché story about some young, daring man who passed away at age 20 or so, and was venerated at his funeral by church members. Then, some bold, solemn member comes up and says, "no, he's not going to the Celestial Kingdom, since he didn't pay tithing" and drops an awkward nuke. It's almost a fear tactic.

Quote from: Zephira
Next time he asks you, try saying you're the anti-christ or the devil or something.

Haha, believe it or not, when missionaries return they often pass these examples down as stories to scare others. "We met people who threatened us with violence and said they followed Satan." It seems a lot of missionaries actually believe this, and I knew one person who started going back to church because someone told him "horrifying stories about demons" that happened on his mission.

Quote from: Zelbess
As for Texas and humidity, I understand! I'm a Texan myself. Smile You know it's bad when your jeans start sticking to your legs.

Ugh; not looking forward to this when I go back in July, though I've admittedly never been to Houston, where I've heard it's really, truly hell. It seems like there are a lot of Compendiumite Texans and Washingtonians; if I had another 2-3 buffer months, I'd try to organize some kind of meet-up for PAX in Seattle. Not going to happen now, probably...

Hah, quoting three distinct people with Z-names in one post  :grimm

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: June 25, 2009, 01:11:40 am »
WHILST at the same time having a Z name yourself, your post makes quadruple excellence and Z^4 win

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: June 25, 2009, 01:39:14 am »
Not coming to PAX? Tsk tsk, ZeaLitY. You disappoint me. And what will your fan club say?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3155 on: June 25, 2009, 01:44:06 am »
Not coming to PAX? Tsk tsk, ZeaLitY. You disappoint me. And what will your fan club say?

Hm, I'm more over worried with the idea that if I go, I'd want a serious Compendium meetup to go on, and that needs proper planning. I also probably have to worry about the money side...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: June 25, 2009, 01:45:41 am »
You're good at worrying! Get on it. I'm sure that with your orchestration, a meetup would be much likelier to happen.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: June 25, 2009, 01:57:34 am »
And somehow, I've now managed to get two cavities...one on each of my back lower molars.

What next, eh? What next? *laughs*

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: June 25, 2009, 02:02:51 am »
Back upper molars?

Edit: And, for relevancy, I'm frustrated that I just ran out of Cinnamon Imperials. Life won't be the same...

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: June 25, 2009, 02:10:48 am »
Gah, my wisdom teeth have been coming in as well, which is not fun at all.

But I don't understand the cavities. I'm a very hygienic person when it comes to such matters.

Just happens, I suppose.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: June 25, 2009, 02:18:42 am »
What websites in general frustrate you so much you want to throw your keyboard at someone? :shock:

Does anyone get chrono trigger midis from vgmusic.com?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: June 25, 2009, 02:22:50 am »
What websites in general frustrate you so much you want to throw your keyboard at someone? :shock:

Does anyone get chrono trigger midis from vgmusic.com?

Dude, I don't think anybody goes to that website but you. Then you come here and tell us how bad it is. You convinced me not to check it out the first time I saw your name. If it makes you so angry, I ask, why do you keep visiting said website?

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: June 25, 2009, 04:19:39 am »
Glad to hear you do your own medical research!
As a side note, vitamin D deficiencies can cause fibromyalgia-like pains. Sorry, I'm not trying to diagnose you or pretend like I'm a doctor (I'm not; I'm a ancient historian by training). I just happen to get exposed to a lot of cool biomedical information (my wife is a doctoral student in at a biomedical research university) and I love to share it.
Thanks for the information on the Vitamin D! I'll definitely keep it in mind. :) Also, you didn't come across like that at all; no worries! I love hearing new information, so if you find out anything more from your wife, feel free to share it! I'm a big pathology nerd, I'd thoroughly enjoy it. As a random side-note, you and your wife sound like a very interesting, highly intelligent duo. Between the ancient history and biomedical research, I bet you have some pretty interesting discussions at the dinner table!

Also, where in Texas do you live, Zeality? I'm in San Antonio; I noticed there were a lot of Compendium members around the Denton area! And good luck with your dental issues, Temporal. Wisdom teeth are a bother! I know I need to get mine out as well.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3163 on: June 25, 2009, 04:26:20 am »
Gah, my wisdom teeth have been coming in as well, which is not fun at all.

But I don't understand the cavities. I'm a very hygienic person when it comes to such matters.

Just happens, I suppose.

Sucks. I had a cavity filled today. I was at the dentist for over an hour and a half. Along with the cavity, I had a deep cleaning finished... it was my final one.

I have shit gums : (.

I had to get a shot and it hurt like FUCK. Also, since my mouth was open for so long, my jaw is still sore right now >_>.

I know this really depends on parents and what their decision on the matter is, but I highly recommend an oral surgeon for taking out the wisdom teeth. Not only because you are asleep for the procedure, but just because a lot of complications are reduced if performed by an oral surgeon as opposed to a dentist. I mean, who and how would you rather have your teeth pulled?

I had to get all 4 of mine out at the same time. I have had a lot of problems in my mouth... and still continue to. I have cysts that tend to form in my mouth, so one of these cysts pushed one of my wisdom teeth up into my nasal passage. If it wasn't removed, it would have caused a really nasty sinus infection... that also explains the problems I had before then with mild sinus infections. One time I couldn't breathe out of my nose for 2 months >_>. I'm still having some problems, but I'm happy now.

I'm not sure why they decided to get rid of all my wisdom teeth(because technically I only needed 2 out) but the oral surgeon highly recommended it so I had to get them all out at once. my bottoms had come in, but my tops were never going to come in.

Anyway, I could have worse problems, so this is not necessarily a frustration, just telling you a story about my terrible mouth. LOL. I hope to get my gum problems under control... part of it is a problem I have with chewing on metal. Actually I just now noticed... as I'm typing this, I am chewing on a small piece of metal -_-.

*sigh* I think I need more iron or something...

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: June 25, 2009, 04:45:36 am »

Hm, I'm more over worried with the idea that if I go, I'd want a serious Compendium meetup to go on, and that needs proper planning. I also probably have to worry about the money side...

Zephira, Lord J Esq, Radical_Dreamer, Alcyone, and Myself. It sounded like Ramsus and V might be going as well. Getting close to a compendium meetup.