Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484333 times)

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2445 on: March 23, 2009, 01:08:49 am »
어젯 밤에 감기가 걸렸는데 제 방은 너무 답답해서 잠을 잘 못한다.
Um... I can't read that. Help? Please?

Google Translate says it's Korean:  "It just took us a cold in my room last night, can not sleep so he got frustrated. "

Whoops, looks like I hit the wrong button and modified your post instead of replying. Sorry about that.

It says, "I caught a cold last night, but my room is too stuffy, so I can't sleep well."

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: March 23, 2009, 01:48:33 am »
Frustration: Being unbelievably bored. Girlfriend is out of town visiting family. Friends are all out of town for Spring-breakness. I'm stuck with my Playstation 2 and all the RPG's I've already beaten 10 times, a television with basic cable broadcasting shows I've already seen re-runs of a million times, a library of DVD's I've already watched at least once each, and last but certainly not least the Chrono Compendium.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 23, 2009, 04:10:15 am »
Mooks.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 23, 2009, 05:24:53 pm »
Misheard lyrics.

I was flipping through radio stations the other day while driving and landed on a song that seemed to be a lesbian love ballad. Rather impressed at the song and it being aired on what is, for the area, a fairly mainstream station, I later went online to find out more.

No, I had just totally misheard the lyrics. It was, in reallity, quite banal and utterly devoid of the guttsiness I had originally ascribed to it. Really, it was like someone had taken Twilight and made a song out of it.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: March 23, 2009, 05:30:32 pm »
No, I had just totally misheard the lyrics. It was, in reallity, quite banal and utterly devoid of the guttsiness I had originally ascribed to it. Really, it was like someone had taken Twilight and made a song out of it.
Dear God!

... DEAR GOD!!!

... one of my SPED teachers is thinking of bringing in Twilight on Friday. If I have to fucking sit through that shitfest I'm either going to gouge my eyes and ears out, make everyone in the room read my novel FIVE FUCKING TIMES, or I will go on a murderous rampage, ending with me killing the cast of the Twilight movie, the directors and producers and all those people, draining Stephanie Meyer of all her blood, then taking every single fucking copy of that shitty book and the shitty follow up books or whatever and BURN THEM TO HELL.

I HATE TWILIGHT.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: March 23, 2009, 05:44:55 pm »
Tea, I've decided I love you.

My frustration is neighbors.  Specifically, duplex or apartment neighbors.  Neighbors who don't know how to close a door any other way but slamming, with wives who don't know any form of communication besides shrieking, and kids who don't know any form of play time aside from apparently screaming and running into walls headfirst followed by crying.  (Seriously, that's what it sounds like)

I'll be so glad to move.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2451 on: March 23, 2009, 05:48:17 pm »
Don't forget apartment neighbours who play extremely loud techno music through huge subwoofers at three in the morning, the ones who practice their trombone on the other side of a thin wall, or the ones who always have parties right above your bedroom.

Other frustration: Horses are hard to draw.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: March 23, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »
Tea, I've decided I love you.

My frustration is neighbors.  Specifically, duplex or apartment neighbors.  Neighbors who don't know how to close a door any other way but slamming, with wives who don't know any form of communication besides shrieking, and kids who don't know any form of play time aside from apparently screaming and running into walls headfirst followed by crying.  (Seriously, that's what it sounds like)

I'll be so glad to move.
Everyone does.  :D

Yeah, I hear you on the apartment thing. In one we lived above a family and below another. The one below us was nice, and the smell of Hispanic food drifted up from the basement. The one above... not so much. We called them the Horses, because they sounded like horses. The second apartment wasn't that great either, considering the landlady's mother lived upstairs and was loud. Now, we sort of have a duplexy thing going on. I couldn't get to sleep last night not just because of the pasta I ate (DAMN YOU COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES) but because the kids next door didn't seem to understand that they had school tomorrow and it was late. Thus they gossiped about who's going out with who and sang along with some song about a halo. Which made me cringe, because I couldn't tell who was worse... the girls singing along or the actual singer.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: March 23, 2009, 05:54:25 pm »
Don't forget apartment neighbours who play extremely loud techno music through huge subwoofers at three in the morning, the ones who practice their trombone on the other side of a thin wall, or the ones who always have parties right above your bedroom.

Mexican techo/hip-hop for mine.  *shudders*

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: March 23, 2009, 06:16:28 pm »
Dear God!

... DEAR GOD!!!

I used that analogy just for you, actually ;)

Which is a shame, since they make such great super villains.

Mexican techo/hip-hop for mine.  *shudders*

O.o

Mexican techno? I am afraid. Regular techno is odd enough.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2455 on: March 23, 2009, 06:28:28 pm »
Oh wait wait, better frustration! Drawing an anatomically correct horse, complete with saddle, gas mask, reigns, air tanks, and other details in an action pose, and colouring it realistically to match the style of other artists who draw and colour completely differently. Then drawing a storyboard of said pimped-out horse running. Weee. Oh yeah, and it's due this week.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: March 23, 2009, 11:53:01 pm »
Frustration: Being unbelievably bored. ...a television with basic cable broadcasting shows I've already seen re-runs of a million times...

You should check out hulu.com. it's owned by nbc and fox (so it's legal), and they have a ton of free tv shows. The daily show and colbert report, heroes, always sunny in philadelphia, 30 rock, the office, and EVERY episode of arrested development to name a few gems. It's all really good quality streaming video with advertisements, which are a drag, but they're harmless and they do tell you how long till they're over.

They have a lot of movies too, but the list is less impressive.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:02 am »
Misheard lyrics.

I was flipping through radio stations the other day while driving and landed on a song that seemed to be a lesbian love ballad. Rather impressed at the song and it being aired on what is, for the area, a fairly mainstream station, I later went online to find out more.

That's what you get for listening to the radio.

You should check out hulu.com. it's owned by nbc and fox (so it's legal), and they have a ton of free tv shows. The daily show and colbert report, heroes, always sunny in philadelphia, 30 rock, the office, and EVERY episode of arrested development to name a few gems. It's all really good quality streaming video with advertisements, which are a drag, but they're harmless and they do tell you how long till they're over.

They have a lot of movies too, but the list is less impressive.

Thanks man I actually did check it out after seeing one of their goofy-ass commercials. There were some more obscure shows that I was disappointed that it didn't have, but oh well. It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development are two of my favorite shows, btw ("Magic, not tricks. Tricks are what hookers do for money *realizes kids are present* - aaannddd cocaine" - love it). And they seemed to have pretty much every episode of South Park in existence. Overall I'd say it's pretty cool and it can only get better.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: March 24, 2009, 12:18:29 am »
Which is a shame, since they make such great super villains.

The THOROUGHBRED of SIN?! HAHAHAHA!

You should check out hulu.com. it's owned by nbc and fox (so it's legal), and they have a ton of free tv shows. The daily show and colbert report, heroes, always sunny in philadelphia, 30 rock, the office, and EVERY episode of arrested development to name a few gems. It's all really good quality streaming video with advertisements, which are a drag, but they're harmless and they do tell you how long till they're over. They have a lot of movies too, but the list is less impressive.
Thanks man I actually did check it out after seeing one of their goofy-ass commercials. There were some more obscure shows that I was disappointed that it didn't have, but oh well. It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development are two of my favorite shows, btw ("Magic, not tricks. Tricks are what hookers do for money *realizes kids are present* - aaannddd cocaine" - love it). And they seemed to have pretty much every episode of South Park in existence. Overall I'd say it's pretty cool and it can only get better.

Illusion, Mi-Chael!

and

Wild Card, BITCHES!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: March 24, 2009, 12:25:26 am »
I think I've watched "The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis" at least 80 times and I find something new to laugh at each time.

Dayman
aaaaahhhhhhAAAAAHHHHHaaaaahhhh
Fighter of the NIGHTMAN
aaaaahhhhhAAAAAHHHHHaaaaahhhhh
Champion of the Sun
aaaaahhhhhAAAAAHHHHHaaaaahhhhh
You're a Master of Karate, and Friendship for everyone!!!