Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484651 times)

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2355 on: March 12, 2009, 09:02:46 pm »
THERE IS AN EXTREME LACK OF GOOD RPG BEING RELEASED THESE DAYS! my wife is unemployed so I cant afford to buy anything! mgs4 is still not being released on the 360 or pc! Money sucks!

On a good note, Ninja Swords Rule!
RPGs on the 360.

Blue Dragon, Enchanted Arms, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Eternal Sonata, Fable II, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XI (MMO), Infinite Undiscovery, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, The Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Mass Effect, Phantasy Star Universe (MMO), Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Tales of Vesperia and Two Worlds.

I'm sure at least one of those might appeal to you.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: March 12, 2009, 09:15:14 pm »
Hmm... you seem to be in the same situation I often find myself in. Crazy bitch catches me right when I'm in the middle of something and makes me do something else, even though it would be better for her to do it. Like I'm taking my lunch upstairs and she's leaving the kitchen, right near the coffee maker. She makes me make coffee.

The best thing you can do, Asafigow, is to tough it out. Take it like a man and beat the shit out of a pillow. Hitting a girl is never the option. And when you find some free time, just pedal your heart out on the longest trail you can find. If you're a mountain bike person.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: March 12, 2009, 10:09:44 pm »
I'd be quite interested to hear more about this web site, if you can remember anything more.

For example, I'm curious as to if it has a legitimate connection to a research institution. If not, then the quality of the information there could well be no better than a website that is a catch-all for people to report their experiences with UFOs. But if so, it could be a valuable resource for investigating medications before one takes them.

The website that he is speaking of is Erowid.org. It is not a website connected to a legitimate research institution. It isn't even really devoted to reporting legitimate medical uses of new chemicals. It primarily serves as a non-profit organization and the online website is a massive database concerning psychoactive plants and chemicals and devoted to responsible drug use. A typical page on Erowid contains information concerning effects, dosage, and chemistry of substances derived from scientific/medical literature, in addition to links to journal articles, other media, and perhaps most importantly* personal experience reports.

Here is a typical page for dimethyltryptamine as an example: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

* - I say that the personal experience reports are most important here, whereas I typically hold the information derived from journal articles to be of higher importance, because people primarily use Erowid if they self-experiment with psychoactives for entheogenic purposes. Because most psychoactives are harmless if used correctly, and because the subjective effects of each substance often vary wildly, the personal experience reports are of great use for someone looking into a new substance because they give one an idea of what they are getting themselves into.

So, ultimately, Erowid is a good site for researching dosage, subjective effects, and legality of certain substances. And the extensive links to journal articles and other media can make one thoroughly informed. Many physicians and toxicologists have praised it in literature, but conversely many also believe that Erowid potentially minimizes the importance of adverse toxic effects of substances because there is so much information there that certain things get drowned out.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2358 on: March 13, 2009, 12:43:04 pm »
You know what REALLY sucks? Not being able to ride at all because you're bandaged like a freaking mummy. The only parts of my body untouched after my escapade with the mile run, a rock, and sand yesterday is my face and fingers. So, Sorry Asafigow, but having most of the skin on your knees sucks more then your sister who isn't always a B!tch. Anyways... I can't help you out here, dude. Until I get my skin not off.

Alright, bye guys. See you in a week or so. Maybe this weekend. I dunno.

<HyperNerd has left the Party>

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 13, 2009, 04:13:31 pm »
I hate my older brother sometimes. He's such a pig. Here's what happened. My mom got a tray of four corn muffins. My sister doesn't want a whole one at the moment, so she goes down and picks at one. I debate over whether I want to have corn muffin for breakfast, but decide not to have one. I go through my day, and when I get home I want muffin. I go to the tray and guess what I see?

One muffin that has been picked at.

My sister tells me that my mom had one and my brother had two, then starts bitching about how no one ever asks her if she wants something. It just frustrates me that my brother decides he gets two without asking my sister, and if I hadn't eaten the last one, I bet he would've eaten that one!

Life is unfair, but my brother is a jerk. Aside from being a pig who eats everything that isn't 'gross' (and even changes his mind about these things), he's selfish and lazy. My mom recently told him that the three of us kids needed to work together to bring up the trash, right? He comes upstairs and says that my sister and I have to do it, while he stays inside and deals with the dishes. And this isn't the first time this has happened. One time, I woke up early and saw a list my mom left us. It was chores. I shrugged and mentally said that it was cool. I messed around on the computer a bit, then went back to bed. My brother woke up, looked at the list, and when my sister and I got up, he told a different story, where he did less stuff and got to sit around and do nothing.

And get credit for our work.

Another thing he does. He makes us bring the PlayStation down to his lair room, and says that we can play it whenever, right? He's either watching TV, playing PlayStation, or has it on and not saved but is using his computer. On top of this, he has turned the TV so that it is facing his bed, making it impossible to play from the other chairs in the room. Mind you, this is not just his room, but the family room, where people come in and where you have to go through to get to the kitchen. He promised he wouldn't do shit like this, which pisses me off.

I hate him sometimes. And by sometimes I mean ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

EDIT: And let's not forget the second one, shall we? The evil fucking bitch who doesn't understand that people other than her SLEEP. I'm tired and she's gone to exercise the fat she thinks she's covered with away, right? I turn off the monitor, turn off the speakers, get into bed and take a nap. Next thing I know she's screaming at me to come up to the car. So I go up to the car and bring down the laundry. Because she's so weak, she asks me to take the basket that needs to go upstairs... upstairs. I do so, because I don't want to fucking deal with her shit, and as I'm coming up the stairs (rather loudly because the thing is heavy) she tells me not to stomp and doesn't bring up the hamper that needs to go up as well, even though the hamper is lighter and less cumbersome, and it's not even out of her way. It's right by the stairs.

Part of me says that she believes she is the only fucking human being on earth and we're all here for her amusement and ease. Given that the room I'm in right now will never truly be MY room because her shit is still in here and she believes she has every right to walk right in without so much as a knock, causing awkward moments (her catching me completely naked holding our cat Rosie, who conveniently blocks all my parts) for everyone. Keep in mind when we shared a room, I had to knock and ask if I could come in before coming in to play video games or going to sleep. But she didn't. She just walks right in. She doesn't knock when my mom's door is closed, but everyone, EVERYONE, has to knock to get into her room. Even my brother, who still has his shit in there.

She's also the only being that needs sleep. Because if she's taking a nap or it's 'early' (by early I mean noon when she gets her ass out of bed) she can stay in bed as long as she wants. But given that I was just pulled out of bed to bring two things of laundry up without her help and now cannot get back to sleep, I obviously do not. Neither does my mother, given she has been woken by my sister randomly coming into her room at night to get the food she's stashed in there. Or steal the cat. And my brother doesn't sleep either, given that she will make the loudest noises in the kitchen when she's getting her food even though he's asleep.

God, I hate my family sometimes. My mom is cool most times, and I'm okay with my dad when he doesn't owe me money, but my brother and sister? Want them OUT.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:45:41 pm by teaflower »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2360 on: March 13, 2009, 07:42:54 pm »
Y'know tea, I hate my family too sometimes, but deep down- VERY deep down- I love them. I'm sure you're the same way too. Anyways, Today was not good for my knees. THEY STILL BURN.

Oh, and I have most of the same problems. My brother is a cry baby who always gets what he wants, and he sees it as sort of a sport to get me in trouble. AND he apparently hates me, because he got my parents to hate my best friend by bothering the HELL out of him by kicking him , then by crying when he got hit back. So, my parents don't like Asafigow as much as they used to now. DAMN MY BROTHER. My sister is WORSE. She really does hate me, and is an evil brat to me, then demands help, and if she doesn't get it, she cries. DAMN YOU TOO.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: March 13, 2009, 07:48:53 pm »
See, the main difference here is that your younger siblings are, what, 5? My older siblings are 21 and almost 20. That sucks worse, because even if they mess up, they don't get in trouble. My mom 'talks' to them, but nothing ever gets better and my brother is allowed to call me names and my sister to boss everyone around, as well as stress out everyone.

You have it lucky; they'll probably grow out of it. Or you could beat it out of them... but that's my vicious side speaking.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2362 on: March 13, 2009, 07:52:25 pm »
Oh shit, I thought they were like, 16. Damn, they act like they're freaking 6th graders. 20 year olds??

Whoah.

My siblings are 10, and 5...

They annoy the piss out of me.

As the youngest child, you have it relatively easy...
I have to watch out for 2 children I frequently find myself despising.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:18 pm »
As the eldest child, you have it relatively easy. You don't have two big people stepping all over you to get what they want and drive you to the point where you find yourself in a psyche ward. Little kids like that grow. Wait until your little bro hits puberty. He'll be a completely different person. And maybe by then you'll be out of there. I have to deal with these guys until they grow the balls to move out or I go to college.

My frustration right now is my grade seems to have dipped lower than I thought it would in biology. About a week before progress reports came out (today they did) my biology teacher told me I had a 69. Nice. That's almost a C-. But I didn't do two or three assignments between then and Wednesday, when grades were due. It dropped from a D+ to a D-. I think my mom is going to murderlize me.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 13, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »
Eldest Child is the worst to be.  If your little siblings get in trouble, you're usually blamed for not "putting a better example" on them.  It's annoying.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 13, 2009, 08:22:27 pm »
Eldest Child is the worst to be.  If your little siblings get in trouble, you're usually blamed for not "putting a better example" on them.  It's annoying.

Good thing that is no longer the case for me. But 'him getting out of trouble most of the time for being the younger one' still annoys me. And his overreactions.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 13, 2009, 08:23:23 pm »
Then there's always the flipside. You get in trouble, you're blamed for not being like your amazing older brother/sister. But you know, I do better than them most times. I plan on graduating high school (more than my brother can say) and I actually have plans for my future, other than sitting and doing nothing (sis can't really say that and actually mean it).

Either way you look at it, having siblings sucks. And even if you don't, your parents might expect far too much from their only child. So in short, life sucks.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: March 13, 2009, 08:28:00 pm »
Well, I'm the youngest child in my family. I have two older sisters. The eldest is and has always been nice and fun. My other sister is a real b!%ch. She's like Nerd's little sister, except if she doesn't get what she wants, she'll go all out on you. And she is honestly sort of an idiot because(and she even knows this) she picks fights that are pretty pointless and doesn't stop until she's either forced into her room and gets everthing taken away, or she gets what she wants. And then she thinks she has a lot of control over me just because she's older. It's annoying!!! And when she's happy and gets to drive somewhere on her own, (she's about 17) she treats me like I'm her pet and drags me along!

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 13, 2009, 09:43:03 pm »
My younger sister was absolute hell on earth from the years 10-14 or so. And actually, I recall not being too fond of her earlier than that because she would destroy my toys/video games. But now that she's 18, she's pretty cool and we get along just fine.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 13, 2009, 11:57:38 pm »
I am the oldest, my parents always make sure I understand that I am the experimental one. They raise me to find out what works what doesn't.