Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484337 times)

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2205 on: February 28, 2009, 07:50:44 pm »
My sister scared the hell out of me one day when she said, "I'm going to get you one day..." I could almost imagine the evil laughter and glowing red eyes. I was about to call an exorcist...

Tea, you and your sister are like two parts of a girl I've known since I was 2... She's really nice and cool sometimes, and other times, she's just a total B^%ch. That's why I haven't invited her to my house for a very long time...

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: February 28, 2009, 07:56:36 pm »
Oh I know who your talking about. She's sort of crazy, but nice at the same time. She is also godzilla with a wig.

Frustration:All you people with your dang frustration. Does the evil ever end. Is anyone here ever going to NOT be frustrated. Ugh, frustation sucks!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: February 28, 2009, 08:39:19 pm »
Oh I know who your talking about. She's sort of crazy, but nice at the same time. She is also godzilla with a wig.

Frustration:All you people with your dang frustration. Does the evil ever end. Is anyone here ever going to NOT be frustrated. Ugh, frustation sucks!

Well that's ironic.

So apparently one of my coworkers had a sex dream about me or something and one of my other coworkers slipped and let me know about it.  I don't care about it, I actually think it's pretty funny and somewhat flattering. But now things are super awkward between us.

Awkward is a word that is spelled really awkwardly. Isn't that weird? I just looked at it and thought to myself "is that how you spell awkward? How awkward".

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #2208 on: February 28, 2009, 10:15:00 pm »

Well that's ironic.

So apparently one of my coworkers had a sex dream about me or something and one of my other coworkers slipped and let me know about it.  I don't care about it, I actually think it's pretty funny and somewhat flattering. But now things are super awkward between us.

Awkward is a word that is spelled really awkwardly. Isn't that weird? I just looked at it and thought to myself "is that how you spell awkward? How awkward".

In that case the linguist in me wonders what the etymology is. I'm thinking it's a Germanic word, but that's just a guess. In thirty seconds I'll see how good my intuition was...

Damn. It does come up in old High German, but it seems to be more Scandanavian in origin. The 'ward' ending of course, as with any other -ward word, implies direction (ie. forward); the 'awk-' seems to imply being turned or something.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: February 28, 2009, 11:52:58 pm »
I couldn't wait 'till tomorrow so I called him a couple hours ago or so.  Thankfully I did before my mind went chaotic and started thinking he was doing other things.  I figured, but he was extremely busy with swimming and stuff for school and whatnot.  That's a huge load off my mind.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 01, 2009, 05:40:43 am »
I just spent $2.50 on a package of cookies only to learn that they're stale and past their sell-by date. I am frustrated because I like the merchant; we talk; his shop is one door down from my building. The reason the cookies were stale at all is because business is slow. (It's a new shop with minimal exposure.) I'll have to tell him about the cookies so that a less sympathetic customer doesn't get turned off from shopping there. I hope he takes it in the spirit intended.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: March 01, 2009, 12:12:23 pm »
Just when there's something awesome in my life, someone tells me it's bad for me.

I've recently discovered Rose and Release, an Utena music site. It hosts just about everything Utena Music related, including versions of my favorite songs I have never heard. Like the musical version of Zettai Unmei Mokuroshioku (or however it's spelled), the live version of Toki Ni Ai Wa, and all 8 sountracks.

Here's the thing.

I go there today and apparently it's marked as an attack site. Which means that sometime in the past 90 days, on one page, it installed spyware into some poor sap's computer. So now whenever I want to hear freaky choruses singing about the absolute destiny apocalypse and darkness or how at times love is like this, I have to either deal with 'THIS IS AN ATTACK SITE!' or find a better source that's still free.

Ugh.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2212 on: March 01, 2009, 01:05:07 pm »
If you're using Firefox you can make exceptions for blocked sites. It's somewhere in the options. Just make sure you scan after downloading stuff from there.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 01, 2009, 03:46:35 pm »
I just spent $2.50 on a package of cookies only to learn that they're stale and past their sell-by date. I am frustrated because I like the merchant; we talk; his shop is one door down from my building. The reason the cookies were stale at all is because business is slow. (It's a new shop with minimal exposure.) I'll have to tell him about the cookies so that a less sympathetic customer doesn't get turned off from shopping there. I hope he takes it in the spirit intended.
As someone who works a convenience store I know things go past their sell date without us seeing them.  We always just refund or replace them.  Never seen anyone get irate over it.  I'm sure the merchant will understand.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 01, 2009, 04:10:11 pm »
I may have pink eye...FUCK!

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 01, 2009, 07:21:43 pm »
Indeed, that's FUCK! worthy.

Don't you dare get me sick.

I hate laundromats. Just spend half of my day there. Now I hurt. And smell like people.

I have to cleanse myself of the people smell with onion pizza.

EDIT: That cannot be good. I've been hacking stuff up, right? When I coughed up this little but of lung juice, it came with the sap that flows through a family tree.

If you don't get that bit from one of maggiekarp's comix, it's blood.

THAT IS NOT GOOD.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:41:33 pm by teaflower »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 01, 2009, 10:13:54 pm »
What is it with you sick humans and your GERMS?!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2217 on: March 01, 2009, 10:23:02 pm »
How goes construction of that wooden plane of yours?

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #2218 on: March 01, 2009, 10:46:38 pm »

Immortals never get it...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 01, 2009, 11:05:06 pm »
How goes construction of that wooden plane of yours?

I call it the "Spruce Moose", and it will carry two hundred passengers from New York's Idyllwild Airport to the Belgian Congo in seventeen minutes!

Heh. It's been a long time since I've quoted Scripture to anyone. That used to be all the rage.

Immortals never get it...

If by "it" you mean filthy human GERMS!!