Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484546 times)

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1890 on: February 09, 2009, 09:03:21 pm »
Don't blame ya, Eric. Poor animals.

Common Gripe: Jack Thompson and PETA causing trouble for gamers. PETA has been ripping on games like Cooking Mama and that Samba game, while Jack has been trying to turn the state of Utah against the gamer society. Or at least the people of Eagle Forum.

It is a shame that the quest for the humane treatment of animals has been corrupted by many of the methods that PETA employs. Individuals like Temple Grandin have done more for the humane treatment of animals than PETA ever could. They don't seem to understand that change comes not from scare-tactics and publicity stunts but from actually doing something to make change.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1891 on: February 09, 2009, 09:04:14 pm »
Frustration... that I always feel so inclined to comment on the religion threads.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1892 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07:34 pm »
Frustration... that people always feel so inclined to hate eachother on the religion threads. Hilarious to watch (Gitcher popcorn and tickets!), but not what religion is supposed to be about.
Also frustration, my dog just walked on my keyboard and got mud on the keys.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 09, 2009, 09:12:26 pm »
@Tea

Hmm... I also have limited time. I'm hoping my mom forgets about this new homework system she has in place. I could use some privacy without having to worry about her looking for me. She thinks I'm not doing my homework when I'm running around here and trying to do both. It's getting real annoying.

Don't blame ya, Eric. Poor animals.

Common Gripe: Jack Thompson and PETA causing trouble for gamers. PETA has been ripping on games like Cooking Mama and that Samba game, while Jack has been trying to turn the state of Utah against the gamer society. Or at least the people of Eagle Forum.

It is a shame that the quest for the humane treatment of animals has been corrupted by many of the methods that PETA employs. Individuals like Temple Grandin have done more for the humane treatment of animals than PETA ever could. They don't seem to understand that change comes not from scare-tactics and publicity stunts but from actually doing something to make change.

And also not assuming that using animals in commercials is nothing like circus abuse, which I honestly call bullshit on. And they need to realize that humans, by default, are omnivores.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 09, 2009, 09:25:46 pm »
And they need to realize that humans, by default, are omnivores.

Well, I think their stance is that our society has developed to a point where it is not necessary to consume animals for food to obtain proper health and nutrition, and therefore it is immoral to do so since animals are conscious beings. Which is a fine viewpoint and rationally sound. The problem is that they attempt to spread awareness about the cruel and disturbing treatment of animals in slaughterhouses (and rightfully so) but without actually doing anything about it. They don't seem to realize that the practice will likely never be abolished. Temple Grandin designed humane slaughter systems and an animal welfare checklist that is now used by 80% of the slaughterhouses in the country, because she appealed to the economic side of the business. She realized that the farmers wouldn't give a damn about the welfare of the animals because they are just a dollar sign to them, unless she found a way to make it economically relevant for them to treat the animals humanely. It's ideology vs. practicality. The latter of which PETA seems to ignore completely.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 09, 2009, 09:47:45 pm »
I'm against cruelty to animals, but... there will always be sick people in this world. There will always be sick people in this world. People who stick kittens in microwaves. People who shoot other people for no good reason. People who use others for their own gain to leave those others in a horrible position. People who emotionally scar others through torture and rape and whatnot. We can't get rid of all the evil in the world, because then there would be no humans.

Then again, that might not be so bad.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1896 on: February 09, 2009, 10:59:02 pm »
Nother frustration: Went to Burger King, ordered bacon cheeseburger. Get home, take off wrapper on suspiciously-thin looking burger... and the burger is missing. It's a bun with bacon, ketchup, cheese and pickles, but no burger. How do you forget the BURGER when making a burger?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 09, 2009, 11:05:15 pm »
What? No burger? That's bullshit! Not even McDonald's makes that mistake!

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 09, 2009, 11:40:47 pm »
Nother frustration: Went to Burger King, ordered bacon cheeseburger. Get home, take off wrapper on suspiciously-thin looking burger... and the burger is missing. It's a bun with bacon, ketchup, cheese and pickles, but no burger. How do you forget the BURGER when making a burger?

Only happens to me at Wendy's. They always get the fcuking order wrong. One time,  ordered a burger and fries, and they just gave me the fries.

I wasn't at the drive-thru, either.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 09, 2009, 11:50:31 pm »
Sometimes, at McDonald's, we get other people's orders by mistake. Other times, they forget part of the order by leaving out sandwiches (not all of the ones we get are burgers) or fries, or even drinks.

Serious Business FAIL on their part.

TerraZack

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 10, 2009, 01:38:04 am »
who agrees with me that Fred sucks and Smosh is better. if you guys dont know whos fred. well his videos are gay and creativity and not even funny. so annoying with that speedy squeaky little voice of his. he doesnt deserve to be #1 Most Subscribe of All Time

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fred

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 10, 2009, 03:21:47 am »
who agrees with me that Fred sucks and Smosh is better. if you guys dont know whos fred. well his videos are gay and creativity and not even funny. so annoying with that speedy squeaky little voice of his. he doesnt deserve to be #1 Most Subscribe of All Time

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fred

I fucking hate you. Now I have this shit stuck in my head.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 10, 2009, 04:02:38 am »
Nightmare, did you lose your meds? *runs cowardly while laughing*

I hate emos. Fuck the kids who cry too much. Bah, now I wanna cut myself to release stress and anger.

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 10, 2009, 04:26:35 am »
Frustration... that I always feel so inclined to comment on the religion threads.

I hear ya...

My frustration, I think Z hates me for the aforementioned reason.  Oh, and I have a sore throat....  Really should quit smoking.   :?

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 10, 2009, 04:48:45 am »

I hear ya...

My frustration, I think Z hates me for the aforementioned reason.  Oh, and I have a sore throat....  Really should quit smoking.   :?
Bah, to hell with quitting. It's hard. I resorted to smoking Black & Milds every other day and chewing tobacco (dipping).