Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336867 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1575 on: September 21, 2009, 10:28:18 pm »
It tramslates to "In his house at DBT dead Lavos waits dreaming" I love how much that works! :kz

It's a occult chant, from The Call of Cthulhu. I myself am I huge fan of his works.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 21, 2009, 10:39:37 pm »
e nomine.
i just discovered it today.
i dont know what the hell theyre saying.
but anyone who can take the lord's prayer and make it awesome deserves to be credited.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1577 on: September 21, 2009, 10:39:59 pm »
What is Cthulu? I keep seeing that name pop up in memes all the time. Isn't it some kind of table top rpg based on a culture's octopus-god, thing? That's what I think it is anyway. I should look it up sometime on wiki : ).

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 21, 2009, 10:50:41 pm »
What is Cthulu? I keep seeing that name pop up in memes all the time. Isn't it some kind of table top rpg based on a culture's octopus-god, thing? That's what I think it is anyway. I should look it up sometime on wiki : ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Don't try and pronounce it!  That's part of the appeal.  ;)

You should read Lovecraft some time.  He's awesome.

It tramslates to "In his house at DBT dead Lavos waits dreaming" I love how much that works! :kz

It's a occult chant, from The Call of Cthulhu. I myself am I huge fan of his works.

That's what I thought it said!  Yay!  :D

I just finished At the Mountains of Madness.  It was marvelous.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:53:38 pm by Sajainta »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 22, 2009, 03:28:51 pm »
The Great Old Ones aside, I do love my pets.

I took my dog into the vet the other day and one of the technicians who wasn't helping us stopped and commented on how he was glad to see her again (he used to work where we board her, so he used to have a lot of interactions with her). It is always nice to know that one's pet is well liked by others. It is sort of like social affirmation: I'm not a horrible owner.

Then latter it was discovered that this technician also loves our cat (which gets boarded at the vet, which accepts cats but not dogs, as opposed to where we board our dog, which accepts dogs but not cats).

Woot, two for four! Even though I felt really bad that my dog had to get a tooth extracted yesterday (she chipped it down to the pulp, somehow), it was an ego boost.

And yes, two for four. We own four pets. Yeah, my wife and I are "those" sort of people. Though to be fair, the other two are guinea pigs, so that is almost like a single pet. Or half a pet, maybe.

Also, I love that my cat makes an excellent scarf.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 22, 2009, 06:58:34 pm »

Your cat lets you do that?

Or does your cat not give you a say in the matter? =P

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 22, 2009, 07:42:17 pm »

It's a cat...of course the human has no say in the matter.  :)

Thought, you can't be any worse than one of my brothers and his girlfriend--between them and the friend they live with they have 2 guinea pigs, 3 ferrets, 3 cats, and 2 tarantulas!  Talk about "those" people!

~~~

In the same vein--I adore my cat.

His name is Sargeant Pepper.  He's a crotchety old thing (13 years old), but he's also ridiculously sweet.

I miss him.  : /  I can't keep pets while I'm at school.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 22, 2009, 10:09:38 pm »
im new to the whole pet thing. weve always kept a big aquarium of fish in the living room. they were kind of dull. fish are only so exciting. but they were all so pretty and they all had their own personalities...
and then my brother and sister begged and pleaded for a dog after romping around with a neighbor's dachshund. when dad finally agreed, we thought wed get a dachshund or something similar.
but out of the car hopped a lassiedog named chrisanthemum, chrisie for short.
it was all good.

i cant decide if this is a love or a frustration. for those who follow my springtime of youth, you know that i have a girlfriend named mia. for those who dont... i have a girlfriend named mia. earlier she called me and told me that she had another boyfriend whom she likes just as much as me, but she didnt know if she wanted to stay with me or with him.
im frustrated because i might lose love so early on.
but i love her even more because she was honest about it.
*swoon*

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52:53 pm »
Drop her immediately.  Even if she chooses you now, no stopping her from doing it again.  You don't need that on your mind.  I've gotten my heart stomped on...only to meet someone new who makes me even happier and then they stomp on it too...it will get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

Sorry for the bowl o' tough love, but I think that it will be best for you in the future.  She didn't tell you was sorta seeing someone else or cheated on you, she told that she has another boyfirend.  She is building an entirely different relationship away from you.  Ish don think so!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 22, 2009, 10:55:58 pm »
i want to see how it turns out though. i mean weve only been dating for what, two or three days? for all i know shes cheating on him with me.
i guess that even if it doesnt work out there will be other girls out there. and im still young. there will be others... there will be others...

*hopes that she picks him*

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 22, 2009, 11:00:12 pm »
I agree with Shee.  You don't want or need someone who has multiple boyfriends.  If someone wants to be with you, they should want to be with JUST you, not string you along with others to see which person is better.

I know you said that you want to see how it turns out, but look at it this way::  if you stop the relationship now, it'll be a lot easier then stopping it later on when you're more emotionally involved.

You really do deserve better than that.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:14:14 am by Sajainta »

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1586 on: September 23, 2009, 12:39:29 am »
Yeah, you don't want to be involved with a girl who likes other guys and thinks it's ok to have another boyfriend. Also, are you sure you're in love with her after 3 days?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 23, 2009, 02:54:43 am »
His name is Sargeant Pepper.

the drum is tattooed on my arm. i have your cat's name. on my arm. forever.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 23, 2009, 10:57:39 am »
Sajainta, that's a beautiful cat.

My cat (named Teaser Khan) is the one that doesn't get a say, but he generally doesn't mind either. He's atypical in that he loves people, attention, and is ridiculously nice. He was a stray/feral cat that was eating out of our trash about a year ago. As it can snow in Texas, we felt bad for him and planned on taking him to a shelter. But then my wife tried to feed him for the first time. He took a bit of kibble, ate it, then immediately climbed in her lap for pettings. Adoption was inevitable, after that.
Our vets like him because they have to really piss him off before he'll even attempt to bite or scratch, much less try in earnest (as opposed to typical cats, for whom scratching your eyes out is a polite way of saying "my, don't you look dapper on this fine, splendid day?").

Here, have a picture:

Drop her immediately.  Even if she chooses you now, no stopping her from doing it again.

Eeeh, maybe. The question is, if they had "the talk" yet or not. That is, ZB, did Mia understand that you two were supposed to be in an exclusive relationship? If she thought things were supposed to be open, then open is what they were. Though... three days?

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 23, 2009, 05:24:38 pm »
i know i should leave her. but i still feel for her. i care for her. something about her voice and her attitude draws me in.
she called today and told me that she broke up with her old boyfriend. i told her that if she cheated on me id like to know about it so that i can be a better boyfriend. i want to be the best boyfriend i can be.