Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484546 times)

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4245 on: October 10, 2009, 11:50:57 pm »
GOD DAMNIT!!! You don't kill Hawkeye! It's just something you don't do, Nina? Sure. Huges? sad, but had to happen. But not Hawkeye.

NO! It CANNOT BE! They damn World Government killed the great Hawkeye Mihawk?!

We'll always miss you!

Yes, I do know who you're talking about. Just thought I'd try to vaguen it up and confuse people.(Note to self: New word: vaguen. To make vague.)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: October 11, 2009, 03:27:58 am »
Okay if you've read the chapter you know that I was exaggerating. They can, and often do, pull a soap opera and bring someone back but still!!!! What the hell!!!

Another thing that is even more annoying, but in a completely different manner. Being in to two different girls, nothing solid yet mind you but the option is still there, only to discover later that they know each other and are both great friends! I know "Female A" has a thing for me as well but "B" is still unknown at this time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:28:04 am by KebreI »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4247 on: October 11, 2009, 03:42:22 pm »
GOD DAMNIT!!!

Good thing I read the chapter before this...

I doubt she's dead, it's just a means of Father manipulating Mustang into opening the Gate. Mustang won't give it a second thought, he'll get Hawkeye back/healed, and the Gate will open.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: October 12, 2009, 07:49:19 pm »
My one English professor is super into pop culture.  Which is all well and good and fine, but when I have to study random shit about fucking VINCENT VALENTINE and ANGEL from Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a midterm on Romanticism, then I'm pissed the fuck off.

And I'm pissed the fuck off.

It's like taking a Shakespeare course and watching 10 Things I Hate About You.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: October 12, 2009, 08:00:23 pm »
Wait, you're studying Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII as an assignment?

I'll trade you classes if you like working with Hessian matrices and partial derivatives more than what you're doing now.

Or you could ask your prof to change the topic of study to Magus...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: October 12, 2009, 08:14:39 pm »
Wait, you're studying Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII as an assignment?

Not as an assignment, but we had a presentation on "The Byronic Hero" and the professor threw good ol' Vincent in there (along with about 10 clips from Advent Children).

I'll trade you classes if you like working with Hessian matrices and partial derivatives more than what you're doing now.

Having just looked up "Hessian matrix" on Wikipedia...I think I'll stick to studying Vincent Valentine.

Although I did have to read about Edward Cullen as well...

On second though, I'll take the Hessian matrices.  You may have Edward Cullen!

Or you could ask your prof to change the topic of study to Magus...

Oh, I wish...  I would love that.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: October 12, 2009, 08:15:40 pm »
My one English professor is super into pop culture.  Which is all well and good and fine, but when I have to study random shit about fucking VINCENT VALENTINE and ANGEL from Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a midterm on Romanticism, then I'm pissed the fuck off.

And I'm pissed the fuck off.

It's like taking a Shakespeare course and watching 10 Things I Hate About You.
Is that a hit on Angel? What the hell is wrong with you!?!

I just had a course dedicated to 1st and 2nd Partials actually.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: October 12, 2009, 08:19:17 pm »
Is that a hit on Angel? What the hell is wrong with you!?!

Wasn't so much an Angel-bash as it was an "I-wish-we'd-talk-about-actual-literature" rant.

If it makes you feel any better, he was lumped in with Edward Cullen and some random guy from Beverly Hills 90210.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4253 on: October 12, 2009, 08:19:25 pm »
That leads into another frustration: English teachers don't use video games as material in class! Games have stories just as enthralling - if not moreso - than books! Starcraft, Warcraft, Halo, and many other franchises have novels released about them to continue their story. If games could inspire that, then surely they could inspire students in the classroom!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: October 12, 2009, 08:36:39 pm »
Yeah, I actually submitted Sephiroth fanfics to satisfy writing assignments in high school; got me through seventh, eighth, and ninth grade English class. I was pissed when Square Enix revealed Zack's last name and it wasn't the one I made up for him. Drat!

Kebrel, I found a shortcut for solving the determinant of square matrices with three rows and three columns, by just doing three diagonals and three cross diagonals almost like you would with a two-by-two matrix, but I haven't found any way to make four-by-four matrices easier to work with. Have you or anyone found anything that makes these easier, during your own math escapades? The teacher I have for mathematical methods is thankfully sparing us from four-by-fours or higher, but if I ever have to actually touch one, I think I'll take Edward Cullen instead.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: October 12, 2009, 08:44:24 pm »
It frustrates me that we don't have a loyal opposition in this country. Ideally, a nation would debate between legitimate differences in the perception of, and solution to, the issues facing it. But all of the right and half of the left are not interested in that.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #4256 on: October 12, 2009, 08:55:26 pm »
That leads into another frustration: English teachers don't use video games as material in class! Games have stories just as enthralling - if not moreso - than books! Starcraft, Warcraft, Halo, and many other franchises have novels released about them to continue their story. If games could inspire that, then surely they could inspire students in the classroom!

Warcraft? Heaven forbid. There's good reason they don't use it.

And Lord J, yeah, that'd be nice here, too. Ironically, Canadian politics being what they are, for the longest time Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition was the Quebec seperatist party. Heh.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4257 on: October 12, 2009, 10:51:41 pm »
I need a hug, guys... really really REALLY bad...  :cry:

My boss proved how much of an ass he fully can be, and instead of giving me more hours (which I seriously need right now so I and my family won't become homeless, etc.), what does the fat bastard do? REDUCED MY FUCKING HOURS EVEN WORSE... to 10 hours a week! >_<

(and just a reminder of how truly shitty that is, that's technically getting paid $14 a day)

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: October 12, 2009, 10:55:12 pm »
I'm sorry Kara, that really sucks!  :(  What a jackass!

I hate physical contact, but I'm fine with internet hugs.  /HUGS FOR KARA

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: October 13, 2009, 03:41:38 pm »
Getting shot down when asking a lass out is a sucky fact of life, but then being ignored afterward is just agonizing.