Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484335 times)

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4215 on: October 08, 2009, 06:08:06 pm »
Frustration::  After about 2 or 3 months without cereal and ice cream I caved and bought a huge tub of ice cream and some milk and cereal.  The problem?  I'm lactose intolerant.  I scarfed down a tonne of ice cream and cereal today and now I'm sick.  I have no one to blame but myself, and I am frustrated with my own stupidity, especially considering I KNEW this was going to happen.  >_<
have you tried milk and ice cream substitutes? my boss is vegan but loves her cereal so she gets soy milk. when shes craving ice cream she finds tofettes delicious, if not expensive.

my current frustration is my sister.
today she had a doctors appointment, so i drove her to school as usual and had to pick her up later. when theyre done, she doesnt want to go home and i still have two hours to work, so i take her to the store and hide her in the break room.
she gets out.
and causes me hell.
she knocked over boxes, she did some crazy stuff that im ashamed of, and then abducted the loudspeaker mic and announced that mia and i had a date tonight.
suffice to say that i no longer have a date with mia tonight.
sometimes i wish i could set her on fire. (my sister, not mia)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: October 08, 2009, 06:14:46 pm »
have you tried milk and ice cream substitutes? my boss is vegan but loves her cereal so she gets soy milk. when shes craving ice cream she finds tofettes delicious, if not expensive.

I've tried soy milk.  I thought it was disgusting, unfortunately.  : /

And what the hell is wrong with your sister?  How old is she--6?

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: October 08, 2009, 06:18:03 pm »
give or take nine years.
though sometimes i wonder...
my dad has already talked to her about it. my manager decided that the stuff she messed up (cereal and candy mostly) will be paid for through my salary.
mia says that she never wants to see my sister again.
im happy with that.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: October 08, 2009, 06:19:29 pm »
Siblings are the worst sometimes.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: October 08, 2009, 06:22:13 pm »
give or take nine years.
though sometimes i wonder...
my dad has already talked to her about it. my manager decided that the stuff she messed up (cereal and candy mostly) will be paid for through my salary.
mia says that she never wants to see my sister again.
im happy with that.

So she's 15, or -3?  XD

That's really crazy.  What on earth would possess her to be that rude and infantile?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: October 08, 2009, 06:24:46 pm »
So she's 15, or -3?  XD

Damn, time traveling siblings are the worst.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: October 08, 2009, 06:30:06 pm »
Damn, time traveling siblings are the worst.

THAT'S WHAT SCHALA SAID!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  8)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: October 08, 2009, 06:40:33 pm »
I've noticed that soy milk can vary greatly from brand to brand. Also, you probably know this, but in case you didn't, "vanilla" is not the default flavor of soy milk. There is also unflavored soy milk (sometimes called "plain"). My favorite brand is Silk chocolate soy milk. It's not so good for cereal, but with red sauce pasta or tart or sour dishes, it's tops!

There is also rice milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk, and even some other kinds of milk, such as sunflower. Over time you should try all of these, in multiple brands, to see if one of them can give you the pleasures of cow milk without the pains of lactose intolerance.

Also, I've seen some cow milk out there that markets itself as having special enzymes that aid digestion. You might try that. Darigold is a good brand and offers that kind of milk, if they sell it in your region. (It might be limited to the Pacific Northwest.)

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: October 08, 2009, 07:09:45 pm »
I've noticed that soy milk can vary greatly from brand to brand. Also, you probably know this, but in case you didn't, "vanilla" is not the default flavor of soy milk. There is also unflavored soy milk (sometimes called "plain"). My favorite brand is Silk chocolate soy milk. It's not so good for cereal, but with red sauce pasta or tart or sour dishes, it's tops!

There is also rice milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk, and even some other kinds of milk, such as sunflower. Over time you should try all of these, in multiple brands, to see if one of them can give you the pleasures of cow milk without the pains of lactose intolerance.

Also, I've seen some cow milk out there that markets itself as having special enzymes that aid digestion. You might try that. Darigold is a good brand and offers that kind of milk, if they sell it in your region. (It might be limited to the Pacific Northwest.)

Thanks so much for the recommendations!  I'll definitely look up Darigold and see if they sell it where I live.  I've only heard good things about Silk chocolate soy milk.  Even my lactose tolerant friends drink it, and they love it.

The main problem is that soy milk is so pricey and (in my area at least) they don't seem to sell smaller amounts of it.  I'll keep trying though.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4224 on: October 09, 2009, 12:08:59 am »
The fuck is with my sleep schedule? I'm up for 12 hours, and I'm ready to sleep 9. Then I'm good for another 12 hours, then tired again.

This is not the springtime of youth. I'm losing time with that kind of schedule. What happened to me?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4225 on: October 09, 2009, 12:13:36 am »
Maybe you overworked yourself, and you're body's trying to make up for lost time. Could be something with the diet, too.
Either way, I envy your schedule. I've been averaging 4~6 hours of sleep for 17 hours awake, and 6~7 hours between meals, since this quarter started.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: October 09, 2009, 12:38:19 am »
Sorry to hear about both those sleeping situations.  : /  I hope you each get what you need soon.

I haven't been eating well at all.  My first meal today was a big bowl of oatmeal and I ate it at 10:30 pm.  I've pretty much run out of food at this point.  Blah..

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: October 09, 2009, 06:06:16 am »
For starters...

"There is no such thing as soy milk because there is no soy titty." - Lewis Black

As for sleeping, or lack thereof...you want to win the battle of the bed, you can't accomplish what you need to in bed.  But sometimes ya just need the extra zzz's.  If it's not enough and it's not really in your control...do the most you can with that time?  Sorry if that's shitty/lame advice...I've gone insane over goofy sleep schedules before and it's not fun.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: October 09, 2009, 11:43:37 am »
Editors who add spelling and grammatical errors and who, in general, make the work less clear.

Me: Can you read this to ensure that it makes sense?
Them: Sure! (a little while passes) Here you go.
Me: Tha-what the...?
Them: I improved it!
Me: Murdering it is not an improvement!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: October 09, 2009, 03:21:41 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
This is not the springtime of youth. I'm losing time with that kind of schedule. What happened to me?
I've had this sort of thing happen; all-nighters build up in your system over time, and your body starts doing things you don't want it to. I think a regular sleep schedule, regardless of what time you sleep and wake up, is crucial to keeping a routine flowing.

The most insidious thing about losing sleep is what it can do to one's mood. A good night's sleep can sometimes make the difference between living in a world of imagined dread and feeling the heights of one's achievements, given the same exact series of events in a day.