Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484331 times)

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3225 on: June 30, 2009, 11:50:02 am »
Right now, my current frustration is Twitter! I try to like it, I really do. I think I'm just too introverted/private to maintain one, haha. :P Plus, keeping up with all those new tweets is overwhelming! I have come to this conclusion: I fail at social networking. I have a Myspace only to read my favorite celebrity blog, I never check my Facebook, and now I manage to fail even at Twitter. To make matters worse, I don't find most tweets particularly interesting... I guess I'm just apathetic to the mundane things people do.

I'm such a party pooper! :?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:30:01 pm by Zelbess »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: June 30, 2009, 02:22:34 pm »
Committee meetings. I suspect that all evil in the world can be traced back to a committee meeting.

Close.  Oprah, actually, is the answer.  I would say committee meetings is a nice second or third....

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #3227 on: June 30, 2009, 02:36:56 pm »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3228 on: June 30, 2009, 02:42:25 pm »
http://release.square-enix.com/na/2009/06/03_2.html

Didn't someone already mention that a while ago, in a different thread?

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: June 30, 2009, 02:45:49 pm »

Didn't someone already mention that a while ago, in a different thread?

Its quite possible it was in the E3 "three secret new SE games" thread.  thats not the exact title of the thread, but...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3230 on: June 30, 2009, 04:14:05 pm »
Right now, my current frustration is Twitter! I try to like it, I really do. I think I'm just too introverted/private to maintain one, haha. :P Plus, keeping up with all those new tweets is overwhelming! I have come to this conclusion: I fail at social networking. I have a Myspace only to read my favorite celebrity blog, I never check my Facebook, and now I manage to fail even at Twitter. To make matters worse, I don't find most tweets particularly interesting... I guess I'm just apathetic to the mundane things people do.

Twitter is a glorified Status Update. You shouldn't feel bad about "failing" at it. It just means your aptitude for the lameness pop culture is low. That's a good thing!

I'm sorta trying to learn how to play Ogre Battle properly, but the RTS-like aspects are kind of driving me away...I got swamped trying the extra chapter if you use the name "Fireseal"...It's also a effing hassle getting moneys in Shadowrun, but shooting the normies who don't give any info is fun just like I remember it in the original Fallout games...Though they don't give up any items or moneys like the Fallouts...V_V

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: June 30, 2009, 04:18:24 pm »
Ogre Battle is way fun.  I liked the one for N64 more, probably because there are less "limitations" on what you can do.  For example, deploying units is free and there are no cards etc etc etc.  But probably my favorite bit is the whole class changing deal.  If you raise some people the right way, they will be indestructiomnipotent!!!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: June 30, 2009, 04:25:42 pm »
I'm just playing the SNES one...I cringe at every deployment cost (though with Fireseal you start out with quite a lot of cash it appears)...and I wish you could check what the cards did DURING battle...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 30, 2009, 04:26:17 pm »

Hah. If they're not careful, Final Fantasy XIV will come out before Final Fantasy XIII.

I think social nets create the expectation that you have to follow everything all the time in order to be properly using the service. You don't, though. You can utilize them as little or as much as you like. What you're describing is overkill, and it's one reason why people stop using social networks altogether. It's like having an infinitely large chocolate bar: The trick is not to eat as much as possible, but to eat as much as is enjoyable.

In any case, it's no failure to be "apathetic to the mundane things people do." =)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: June 30, 2009, 04:30:06 pm »
Also, always make sure to check your settings (mess around with your News Feed) and don't feel bad blocking stupid effing apps that people use (fuck Mafia Wars BS)...Facebook is better about user control over such than MySpace, I think (but they're mostly the same)...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: June 30, 2009, 05:09:19 pm »
Ogre Battle is awesome. I much prefer March of the Black Queen to the later ones, though I do think some more interactivity during battles would have helped greatly.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: June 30, 2009, 05:52:37 pm »
Ho, when to a dentist a while ago. Turns out I have several small (hardly noticeable) spots that were caught before they could progress further into what eventually would be cavities. Going to have those taken care of sometime soon, and filled in.

Plus my wisdom teeth will have to be removed by an oral surgeon.

And my grandmother is being a nasty witch to me today. Ahh.....

Ah, what else, eh?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:54:59 pm by Temporal Knight »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3237 on: June 30, 2009, 06:03:25 pm »
I went to a dentist a couple weeks ago as well: 9 cavities, 2 ultra-exposed wisdom teeth, and 2 vertically-impacted wisdom teeth. The vertically impacted ones need to be removed by an oral surgeon, the other two are recommended for removal by a regular dentist, and all the cavities need fillings. I also gotta start flossing.

Stupid dentists...

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3238 on: June 30, 2009, 06:16:14 pm »
9 cavities? Golly... On me, they only catch one at a time.  That must suck... can't get them all filled at once either... I recently finished my deep cleaning procedure and they carried that out to 4 times for the entire mouth. Wasn't too fun... but maybe my gums are better now... I can't really tell. Last time I went, I had the deep cleaning and the cavity filled... and that cavity, they actually made the tooth normal sized with the filling (kinda like a mini crown) due to it being worn now... I'm still trying to get used to that.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3239 on: June 30, 2009, 06:22:11 pm »
I'm not looking forward to getting the teeth pulled, but I don't really care about getting the fillings at all. I haven't been to the dentist in a decade, so bad news was bound to come my way. She warned that I would have some serious gum problems without a deep cleaning, so I reluctantly had one...that I hated, but it wasn't too excruciating.