Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484335 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2130 on: February 22, 2009, 04:45:37 pm »
Losanges are your friend.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: February 22, 2009, 04:47:46 pm »
THERE ARE NO LOZENGES.

All we have in the house are DayQuil, NiQuil (or however it is), cough medicine, sore throat spray, and other things liquid/pill things. And I've probably already done too much cough medicine and throat spray.

And that shit is nasty.

EDIT: Good news! My voice is starting to come back! Yay! It still hurts like all hell, but... yay! Bad news is last I checked my temperature, the beepy beepy thing told me it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit even.

EDIT (again): Bad news and potentially good news. The bad news is that my throat has gotten worse, to the point where I'm communicating through a notebook and a pen. Writing things out is so much slower than saying them. The potentially good news is that I'm staying home from school tomorrow because I'm ill. Now this is only potentially so because we got hit with that snow storm. We may not have school in general tomorrow. Though that's unlikely, as it looks to be just a dusting. However, if I'm going to be taking a three day weekend, I don't want to have to make the extra day up in June. Either let me stay home from school and have there be school OR make me well and have no school.

But I prefer the being sick part.

My throat really hurts...

Edit ... AGAIN!: Good news and really really bad news. The good news was that I was able to cough up some phloem, which helped clear my chest and my voice. The really really bad news is that in doing so, I spat up water all over the kitchen floor (actual water, mixed with tummy juice) and eventually part of my supper. The good side of this, though, is that the supper part was into the toilet.

And now my throat is really really tight.

Ugh.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:44:52 pm by teaflower »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2132 on: February 22, 2009, 10:22:15 pm »
Big frustration. You remember those rats I mentioned earlier? Waffle and Pancake? They were surprise gifts for my little brother. But apparently, he DOESN'T WANT THEM.
We went and got him two young rats, who everyone else has already fallen in love with. Complete with cage, food, toys and everything. His bedroom is the only room in the house that we can keep the rats, and he doesn't want them. So now we have to give them away. This sucks.

I knew you only one night, Waffle and Pancake, but I shall miss you dearly.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2133 on: February 23, 2009, 05:00:03 am »
Can't you just keep them as family pets?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: February 23, 2009, 10:44:12 am »
Tell him to give it a little time. More likely than not he'll learn to love them.

Either that or kill them.

I'm still sick, but I still have good news and bad news. The good news is that my throat no longer hurts like hell. The bad news is that the cough is worse. And it hurts like hell. And to make things worse, someone lost the measuring thing for the cough syrup. So I don't know how much I should take anymore. By the measuring thing I mean that weird little cap they stick on the normal cap. That's gone.

I can't even laugh now.

Ugh.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: February 23, 2009, 11:13:02 am »
THERE ARE NO LOZENGES.

The lozenge is a lie!

In other news: administrations at universities are most definately $%*!ingly frustrating. Universities and other educational institutions exist for one reason and one reason only: to fucking educate people. Anything that hampers that goal should be done away with. Which generally means, administrations (and mind you, I am part of the administration that is annoying me right now).

Really, this comic explains a lot of my frustration: http://www.machall.com/view.php?date=2006-03-15

If in completing requirement Z one must inherently display a mastery of concept X, then insisting that the individual still complete requirement X after Z has been approved is simply moronic. The student gets no benefit from completing X, the school gets no benefit; the only thing that even happens is that a bunch of people waste time in order to check off a box on a form somewhere.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: February 23, 2009, 11:17:01 am »
I'd say the school does benefit, if it gets yo monies.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: February 23, 2009, 11:36:40 am »
True in some cases, but in this particular one the school doesn't get any more or less money either way.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: February 23, 2009, 05:43:51 pm »
God I hate my sister sometimes. You guys know that I'm sick, right? Yeah, it's been my frustration since Saturday. Today I was hungry, so I went downstairs and made some chicken. My sister was already in the kitchen with a bowl of cereal. My chicken is, like, 20 seconds from being done (albeit gross, microwaveable chicken is a godsend when you're sick and hungry), she's standing right by the coffee maker and coffee, so what does she do?

She asks me to make coffee.

Oh, it gets even better! She has me run downstairs to get her gym shit, when I should be in bed, makes me help her find her sports bra even though I can barely talk, and is still a little bitch.

Ugh.

My brother is worse. Routinely, even though he's sitting in the living room (right next to the kitchen), if someone is going by, he asks them to get him a soda or a Lean Pocket or something like that. Yesterday, I can't talk, so I sign out to him to please bring the empty jug of water downstairs and bring me a fresh one. He says no.

God.

Only my mom seems to understand that someone is sick around here. And what's worse is they keep making me laugh.

LAUGHING HURTS.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: February 23, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »
Muh, now I think I'm getting sick. Luckily I have access to free antibiotics, but still - getting sick is a pain and I hate it. I think I caught it from my friend, who came down with strep last night.

Funny story - so my friend is a veteran, and he has free medical treatment. So he goes there, the nurse checks his temp and vitals, and then he is prescribed Amoxicillin and sent on his way. The doctor didn't even see him. They didn't even look at his throat or check for any other symptoms. It was definitely strep from what he described to me, but still - great free medical treatment he got there. Basically just - "you sick? Here's some antibiotics. Hope they work. Now get the fuck out. Next please."

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: February 23, 2009, 09:27:39 pm »
You have free antibiotics. I want your job. That way I can have medicine. But I still feel like crap. I'm not sure if I'll be going to school tomorrow.

If I'm not, I'm going to have to get all the notes for social studies, biology, and geometry, not to mention the homework my geometry teacher will give us. Two days in our system is like four days now. So... yeah.

I'm afraid, though, that if I DO go to school, my voice will be crap. As well as me being contagious.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2141 on: February 23, 2009, 09:43:49 pm »
I am illlllll

I hate headcolds. Fucking christ I feel horrible.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: February 23, 2009, 09:51:44 pm »
Either this is a horrible coincidence or I'm contagious through the Internet.

Fun. Don't read my posts or you'll get sick. I'm joking, but...

Still feel like crap.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2143 on: February 24, 2009, 02:33:15 am »
Muh, now I think I'm getting sick. Luckily I have access to free antibiotics, but still - getting sick is a pain and I hate it. I think I caught it from my friend, who came down with strep last night.

Funny story - so my friend is a veteran, and he has free medical treatment. So he goes there, the nurse checks his temp and vitals, and then he is prescribed Amoxicillin and sent on his way. The doctor didn't even see him. They didn't even look at his throat or check for any other symptoms. It was definitely strep from what he described to me, but still - great free medical treatment he got there. Basically just - "you sick? Here's some antibiotics. Hope they work. Now get the fuck out. Next please."

That sounds like it'll be better for the bacteria than the patients in the long run.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: February 24, 2009, 02:37:11 am »
Yes, exactly - but I don't really think they care about that. I imagine that they are probably overwhelmed and just try to keep things moving by overprescribing antibiotics. Even if newer resistant strains arise, they'll just move to a new antibiotic. I guess the philosphy is "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it". That's the downside of getting free care I suppose. Now, if he was really sick he probably would have seen a doctor. But I don't think the care would have been that much better.

I was never in the military, so I don't know if the average care is better than that or not...but my guess is it isn't.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:42:20 am by chrono eric »