Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484533 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2085 on: February 19, 2009, 01:11:43 pm »
... impressive rant. And run-on. I should totally study under you.

The staff directory at my school's page is down, so I don't know if I'm sending my novel to the right guy or not. It may or may not even get to him. I think his first name is Steve.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: February 19, 2009, 02:25:39 pm »
There is no such thing as a run-on sentance. There are only sentances that don't have enough commas, parentheses, brackets, em-dashes, semi-colons, and clauses.

Viva la Runonsentancions!

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2087 on: February 19, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »
Today, I FINALLY mastered the "shut the fuck up". People bothered the hell out of me today. During a forced foot ball game. What's the point? I'm not going to need Football skills at MIT, where I plan to go. My High School doesn't even require P.E!! Grr. Anyways, Some people REALLY need to learn some freakin' grammer. " You ain't got no chance against us in this here game" One guy said. I responded afterwords by saying, "You has had us beaten very well. I congratulate your triumph. Job was good." He didn't get it, but it sure cracked my friends up. He earlier asked if I wanted to talk shit on him. I answered, No, that's what toilets are for. Such is Middle School. Stupid idiots...

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: February 19, 2009, 08:55:19 pm »
Today, I FINALLY mastered the "shut the fuck up". People bothered the hell out of me today. During a forced foot ball game. What's the point? I'm not going to need Football skills at MIT, where I plan to go. My High School doesn't even require P.E!! Grr. Anyways, Some people REALLY need to learn some freakin' grammer. " You ain't got no chance against us in this here game" One guy said. I responded afterwords by saying, "You has had us beaten very well. I congratulate your triumph. Job was good." He didn't get it, but it sure cracked my friends up. He earlier asked if I wanted to talk shit on him. I answered, No, that's what toilets are for. Such is Middle School. Stupid idiots...

Those guys tend to dissappear once High School starts.

Can't say the same for rich Hollister kids, however.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: February 19, 2009, 09:03:19 pm »
What are you talking about tact? They exist all throughout life.

Frustration: So my aunt is taking a math course and I am helping her though it. Now my aunt is a smart woman and is 18 months in her Prelaw degree but not to skilled in math. Will she just IM'd me asking for help on a Problem this was the question:

(x/6 + 3)/(2 + 1/6)

Now I fine with that, it was an online quiz. I'll still help her, I sure as hell wont solve it for her though. Unfortunately she thought I would and has already been working on it for 20mins, her kids want dinner, and the spouse is getting annoyed. Did I give her they answer? No I explained, even showed her the step: covert the bases all to */6...good, now combine like terms...good, now reciprocate.

In the end she gets pissed logs off and fail because I wouldn't give her the answer. Do I feel bad that she had a 4.1 GPA before this class....oddly no.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:19:40 pm by KebreI »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2090 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:14 pm »
Anyways, since I didn't go to the very white school my brother's going to go to, And instead went to a school in the hood, I know things. And yes, I certainly do know that. I know whining isn't going to help, but eh. It's the thread for frustration!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: February 19, 2009, 09:27:31 pm »
Sheesh, I'm an emotional roller coaster today.  Was really happy then out of nowhere about 20 minutes ago after watching a video, I break down into tears.  I think it's just one of those days, but it's really frikin annoying when you're trying to be happy and work on things then you just crack for no reason Xd

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: February 19, 2009, 10:19:16 pm »
Alright, now I am not computer savvy so perhaps someone can explain this to me.

For about 6 months now I've been jacking wireless internet from my neighbor and it has been working fine. Yes, yes I know I am a horrible person or whatever. So, my cheap ass finally shells out some cash to get wireless internet of my own and now my own wireless internet is slower than the one I was getting for free!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2093 on: February 19, 2009, 10:41:14 pm »
For about 6 months now I've been jacking wireless internet from my neighbor and it has been working fine. Yes, yes I know I am a horrible person or whatever. So, my cheap ass finally shells out some cash to get wireless internet of my own and now my own wireless internet is slower than the one I was getting for free!

Sweet justice, lovely irony.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: February 19, 2009, 10:44:27 pm »
Alright, now I am not computer savvy so perhaps someone can explain this to me.

Why does this sounds familiar...? Well, except in my case it was the opposite.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: February 19, 2009, 11:50:28 pm »
Eh, I did the same thing but with internet, cable, and coupons, don't feel bad.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: February 20, 2009, 02:45:55 am »
50 cent wells on Thursday nights at The Garage in Denton TX is a pretty good deal. But you know how they screw you? 5 dollar minimum on credit. So I had to order a drink that I didn't want just to check out. Lame.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: February 20, 2009, 04:13:44 am »
To Nerd - One of my teachers in college...a VERY well respected Professor made an argument that "ain't" might as well be in the English language as correct grammar due to its frequency of use.  But yeah, I could see how that would bug ya.  Gotta remember kidz from da hood have a lot more going on for them.  Think they want to go to MIT as well?  Of course not.  I think I've been watching too much of The Wire, methinks.  You're in middle school, so you're probably a liiiiitle too young for the rather heavy show (not meant to be a slight to your age, just a rather depressing show most times), but you could relate to the vid I posted somewhere in the most recent pages of the WTF check out the link thread.  About the kid getting hooked up to a COPY machine and thinking it was a lie detector.  NOT Bubbles going through Hamsterdam.  That would fall into the  "you're in middle school and really just shouldn't watch this" column.  But yeah...main points in all of that are 1)I love The Wire and watch too much of it.  and 2)You're gonna deal with jabronees everyday, try to take the high road when ya can.  It sounds selfish, but sometimes the best thing you can do is take care of you, and you alone.

Man, I hope that made sense.

To Justin - I'm with you.  I re-read a play I performed last year - The Pillowman.  Written by the guy who wrote and directed the film "In Bruges."  Sweet film.  But yea as I read I had to stop many many times due to me bawling everywhere.  This was last night.  And the play itself is very moving, and for personal reasons linked with some dark issues in the play there is even more of a deep feeling.  But in spite of all this, there was a relase that I needed.  And it sounds like you needed it too.  It might not be clear to you now, but your body is telling you that ya need a release.  Hope it all falls into place for ya. 

Feelin' pretty good...gripe is, as it has been for weeks now, dealing with  :shock:.

idioticidioms

« Reply #2098 on: February 20, 2009, 07:36:39 am »
actually, I believe that 'ain't' has been added as a word to all new dictionaries coming out as of a couple years ago. So, in effect, 'ain't' IS actually a word now.

'Meh' was added to the dictionary last year.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: February 20, 2009, 08:16:50 am »
actually, I believe that 'ain't' has been added as a word to all new dictionaries coming out as of a couple years ago. So, in effect, 'ain't' IS actually a word now.

'Meh' was added to the dictionary last year.
It's still discouraged from use due to its lack of a defined abbreviated source.  It can mean "am not" "do not" "are not" etc.  Therefore it's a lazy and unclear abbreviation that is a substitution for better grammar, especially when most of its uses can be replaced by other defined abbreviations.  ex.  "You ain't that smart." = "You aren't that smart."   "This ain't right." = "This isn't right."

So while it may be a word by dictionary standards, it's still a stupid word.

Also in Nerd's short rant the word "ain't" was the least of the grammatical errors the subject of his mockery had made.

You ain't got no chance against us in this here game
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:19:52 am by FouCapitan »