Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484353 times)

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
Shadow D. Darkman.
« Reply #1875 on: February 09, 2009, 03:16:33 am »
Fuck, people! As annoying as Shadow may be, it's even more annoying when you constantly have something to say about him. In almost every thread I visit there's someone bashing Shadow into the dirt. Enough is enough. Grow the fuck up people. Not everyone is the same. He has his way of doing things, you have yours. All I'm trying to say is..... Teaflower, KebreI, and others... Lay off. It's like you hound him and immediatly insult him after every post.

Another thread that normally would've been deleted if not for this thread. Interrupting the forums to basically just send everyone a PM about how you're annoyed that other people are annoyed with someone else is kind of spammy. Leave public reprimanding to obnoxious a-holes that'll get some kind of sick & twisted pleasure from-er...Keb's right, this is where this belongs...
~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:50:51 am by V_Translanka »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow D. Darkman.
« Reply #1876 on: February 09, 2009, 03:23:25 am »
Ooo, A thread that serves no purpose save ranting!

I make it know my dislike for him only when it doesn't ruin a discussion, I will continue to do so, when appriopate, because I feel he needs to be banned. If I am quite and say nothing then I am just allowing him to continue. I do on some level also hope that all the berating on him will make him change....

I recommend someone lock or merge this with the frustration thread, preferably the latter.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 09, 2009, 03:37:54 am »
My guess is that Shadow derives great amusement from the reactions he receives, so the posts meant to "punish" his behavior actually fuel the fire. I haven't really noticed his posts lately, and his daily average is down to 32.something, so maybe we're seeing improvement.

KebreI

• View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1878 on: February 09, 2009, 03:48:59 am »
I do fear that the complaint just fuel the fire sometimes, plus I also find them annoying a lot of the time. The thing is I think these are reasonably justifiable:

A) Shadow behaves and all is good
B) Shadow is his normal self and brings down the quality of the site, administration must make the call
C) Shadow is his normal self and brings down the quality of the site, people voice there opinions aloud to repersent the will of compendium making the Administration job easier.
D) Shadows banned and he as well as the complaints end, all is good.

ZeaLitY has gotten complaints form a vast portion of the compendium and gave Shadow a last warning but he hasn't gotten any better, the first two have been attempted and have failed.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 09, 2009, 04:41:18 am »
I really don't care if he's banned or not, but I am leaning more on the banned side.

I have yet to see him post something meaningful to the compendium.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:17 am »
...Freaking springtime of youth. I can't go to sleep because I keep thinking about what I'll do when I wake up. Crimson Echoes, homework, planning my trip, exercise, discussions with friends...

Ugh. I'm in the springtime of youth. Guess I'll just "wake up" again and do homework, then try to nap before my the night class.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 09, 2009, 12:16:30 pm »
Fuck, people! As annoying as Shadow may be, it's even more annoying when you constantly have something to say about him. In almost every thread I visit there's someone bashing Shadow into the dirt. Enough is enough. Grow the fuck up people. Not everyone is the same. He has his way of doing things, you have yours. All I'm trying to say is..... Teaflower, KebreI, and others... Lay off. It's like you hound him and immediatly insult him after every post.
I agree and have voiced this already.  You people might as well start a "I fucking hate Shadow and want him banned" fan club.  (God forbid this gets taken into consideration...  Then I'll be seeing annoying banners in all of your sigs stating this crap)

Bottom line, it's bullshit, and your reactions are always over the top.  Shadow makes a stupid dividing by zero meme joke, you guys fly off the handle and react like he just posted a picture of tubgirl here.  (Google it at your own doom)  Yes he's annoying, yes half his posts are pointless and stupid, but there's one advent to internet browsing technology that allows you to evade this discomfort and that's SCROLLING PAST HIS FUCKING POSTS!

[/rage]

In other news I deposited over $24 dollars in loose change into my checking account today.  Guess the teller will be posting in this thread soon.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 09, 2009, 12:31:56 pm »
...I deposited over $24 dollars in loose change into my checking account today.  Guess the teller will be posting in this thread soon.

Wow, that's... that's a lot of change. Personally, I have enough pennies, nickels, and quarters to fill a bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 09, 2009, 04:43:29 pm »
...I deposited over $24 dollars in loose change into my checking account today.  Guess the teller will be posting in this thread soon.

Wow, that's... that's a lot of change. Personally, I have enough pennies, nickels, and quarters to fill a bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.
And just how big is that?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1884 on: February 09, 2009, 04:56:41 pm »
I got a bag of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans at Bartell's a while ago. The bag was really small, and was mostly filled with Anchovie flavor. Not very tasty.
Other frustrations... I can't find my Majora's Mask cartridge.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 09, 2009, 06:37:28 pm »
And just how big is that?

From seeing them in passing in stores, I'd guess somewhere around sock size.

Large enough to be a leathal weapon, not so big as to get Mel Gibson interested.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 09, 2009, 07:07:10 pm »
Frustration: Kids who bang on the animal cages at zoos while their idiot parents watch on and do nothing to stop them.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 09, 2009, 08:49:46 pm »
Don't blame ya, Eric. Poor animals.

Common Gripe: Jack Thompson and PETA causing trouble for gamers. PETA has been ripping on games like Cooking Mama and that Samba game, while Jack has been trying to turn the state of Utah against the gamer society. Or at least the people of Eagle Forum.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 09, 2009, 09:01:42 pm »
I've been very testy as of late, and as such feel much anger towards Shadow. Sure, I beat on him more than others, but I'm tired of 3rd degree burns and a shattered wrist being healed with a simple healing spell. I'm sick of off-topic posts, and sure I contribute to them, they just upset me. I try to contribute to the off-topicyness, but also contribute to the actual topic. I'm sick of... everything, it seems. Just... everything.

Back to frustrations that aren't Shadow related... I hate that I have little time here anymore. My mother and I went to Wal-Mart to get notebooks, colored pencils, Mountain Dew, chicken, and girl stuff. We left the Evil Empire with chocolate, notebooks, folders, colored pencils, Mountain Dew, girl stuff, two shirts, and a desire to spend $170 (plus tax) on Chrono Trigger DS and a Nintendo DS in red. The chicken we got at Hannaford, but because I really wanted that game and system, I scoped out the nearby GameStop (gotta love shopping complexes) and left with a desire to spend $100-$120 (plus tax) on a used DS and a new copy of CTDS.

Because they didn't have any used ones yet.

I think.

Grr...

On the plus side, they finally announced the Jeopardy! Teen Tournament. I, teaflower, have signed up. I'll need some help... oh, well. WHO WANTS TO HELP ME GET ON TV?!

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:34 pm »
That Cooking-Mama parody and Mario one was fun though so I really don't care.