Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484674 times)

TerraZack

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1770 on: January 30, 2009, 06:03:36 pm »
so disapointed of Square Enix. why would want to but games go on mobile? Final Fantasy IV: The After, Dirge Of Cerberus Lost Episode, Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts: Coded.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1771 on: January 30, 2009, 06:25:12 pm »
FFIV:TA might be coming to the 360's download service.
http://www.qj.net/Rumor-Final-Fantasy-IV-sequel-The-After-coming-to-XBLA-/pg/49/aid/128460

As with Square Enix's Crystal Defenders (or whatever it's called), it'll probably end up on the Wii and PS3 as well.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 30, 2009, 06:34:40 pm »
Quote from: teaflower
Although form is important, on the paper I wrote on mythology for Latin, I threw in one of my favorite lines and still got an A.

'Oh, this is only the beginning.
Cronus wanted babies.
WITH HIS SISTER.'

I love that line. It's phrased just as I typed it here.

Latin... shouldn't it be Saturn, then?
It was actually Greek mythology that I was doing. Beyer's weird like that.

Update on my knee. It got better after lying down with my legs propped up and a bag of corn on my knee. It's swolen, but I have no idea what happened.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1773 on: January 30, 2009, 07:01:48 pm »
I don't understand people that don't like the Mother series. 1) Mother one of the best 8-Bit RPGs (not a lot to choose from, but still good enough to stand ahead of most), 2) Mother 2/Earthbound's instant win easy battles was the best RPG innovation in years (every RPG should implement it, really), & 3) they're good, light-hearted turn-based RPGs with simple but sometimes serious storylines...I could only understand someone not liking the visual style maybe. Everything else is solid RPG fare.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1774 on: January 30, 2009, 07:04:11 pm »
Quote from: teaflower
Although form is important, on the paper I wrote on mythology for Latin, I threw in one of my favorite lines and still got an A.

'Oh, this is only the beginning.
Cronus wanted babies.
WITH HIS SISTER.'

I love that line. It's phrased just as I typed it here.

Latin... shouldn't it be Saturn, then?
It was actually Greek mythology that I was doing. Beyer's weird like that.

Update on my knee. It got better after lying down with my legs propped up and a bag of corn on my knee. It's swolen, but I have no idea what happened.

Meh. In that case you can tell him not to use Latinate forms of Greek, but use the full on Greek if that's what he's doing. So it's Kronos. The 'us' in English has the unfortunate tendancy of being pronounced as 'is', making it 'crow-nis' when it's really closer to 'croh-nohs'.

I bet he then uses Uranus, too, eh? Darned Latinate. It's actually falling out of vogue. Used to be people did that, so in older texts you'll see them using the Greek names spelled in Latin ways. Or simply the Latin versions. So you see things like 'Achilles' and 'Alexander.' Nowadays the tide's turning, though, and you're seeing more of the transliterated versions, the 'Akhilleus' and the 'Alexandros.'

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 30, 2009, 07:10:14 pm »
Well, he was taught Church Latin, so...

Frustration of the moment = I need to write my novel so I can send it to my friend. But I don't want to write it right now...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1776 on: January 30, 2009, 08:06:38 pm »
Well, he was taught Church Latin, so...

Frustration of the moment = I need to write my novel so I can send it to my friend. But I don't want to write it right now...

Oooh, that bloody Ecclesiastical pronounciation! Heh. My father was also taught it, and I always make certain to criticise him. At his inaugeration as University president he made sure to poke fun at me for it, because when he cited the University motto he said it with Ecclesiastical pronouncation, and then made sure to add that, those who know it would certain point out his distinct Ecclesiastical drawl, then turned to me and said 'Daniel...' Heh. Funny stuff. But yeah, being trained as a Classicist, I have certain pronounciation forms that favour the ancient. So something like 'veni, vidi, vici' is, to me, pronounced 'way-nee, wee-dee, wee-kee', which is more or less the way of the Romans, whereas in later eras it has become something more like 'venee, veedee, veechee.' I can, I suppose, shift between the two of them, but I prefer the ancient, simply because most things I read or write are written with antiquity in mind.

As for writing, don't ever compell it... ever. The muse is either there or she isn't. You cannot by force drag their delicate forms down from around the springs of Helikon. Those daughters of Zeus are not moved by Force, and you must wait on their times. To demand their presence is to incur the wrath of their powerful father, and you will only be dismayed when you are further lacking golden inspiration. When the time is right, then drink Kvasir's blood, but till then, let words be silent.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 30, 2009, 09:13:25 pm »
FYI, Mother 1, Earthbound Zero, whatever you call it, sucks, as well as Ness and Lucas in Super Smash Brothers.

IDK, M1 might not look as good as EB or M3, but Ness and Lucas in SSBB actually kick ass if you use them right. Every character can be turned into a lean, mean, battle machine if you use them properly.

Current gripe: I have to stick with Firefox b/c for some unknown reason Internet Explorer refuses to respond. It was fine a week or so ago. I've sent 2 reports to Microsoft and nothing's changed.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 30, 2009, 09:35:39 pm »
He was taught Church Latin, but usually works with us in Ancient. I often times go through words in English and try to pronounce them as a Roman would. It's fun. I know I shouldn't force the muse, so I already sent both the synopsis and the actual thing to him.

Hey, Shadow? You want me to send you the novel?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 30, 2009, 09:37:57 pm »
Hey, Shadow? You want me to send you the novel?

*shrugs* Sure. One author to another. Then again, my works are never published. :lol:

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 30, 2009, 09:49:39 pm »
This has never been published, either. Not entirely sure if I even want to start with the games a lot of publishers but you through to get something published.

I'll send it to you later, but you needs to tell me your email. Or I could make a thread about it, but I'd rather not do that. Would send in PM, but won't let me attach stuff and I'm not copying and pasting 100 pages of good literature into a PM. It would probably make Compie explode or something similar.

Current gripe is my sister's laptop. I'm on it now so that she has company while she dances. It's not that I don't like it, but that its 'H' key is wonky. I.E., the top part for it came off. I can still use it (obviously), but it's difficult.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 30, 2009, 09:57:52 pm »
My e-mail is in my profile, unless I hid it. If I did, then there's not much I can do for ya, since I can't send PMs.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 30, 2009, 10:05:05 pm »
It's hidden.  :picardno

I'll make a thread either later tonight when I have the latest copy or tomorrow. Or you can unhide your email and make my life a whole lot easier.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 30, 2009, 10:08:37 pm »
IDK if I can un-hide it, which is now my gripe. Hang on, I'll log out and send you an e-mail from mine.

EDIT: New gripe: your e-mail's hidden. Can you un-hide it plz?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 30, 2009, 10:14:35 pm »
Sorry. Will undo. EDIT: It isn't hidden from the populus. I guess you just can't see emails. It's teaflower565@yahoo.com. Email me and I'll get back to you ASAP. If anyone else sends me anything for no reason, I'm going to hunt you down and kill you.

My knee is acting up again. But this time I can't lie down with a bag of corn on my knee.

And it's not because I ate the corn.

Although now I want some yellow kernely goodness.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:16:21 pm by teaflower »