Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484546 times)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1650 on: January 26, 2009, 06:54:47 pm »
Sorry for the double post but I don't want to make the other one super long and hurt your beautiful eyes.         

I am also frustrated that I missread a question on my GED book.     There was a discussion about why having a pet is important to owners and I ended up putting in good-effects and bad effects instead of the most important reasons.   

The teacher did say my good-ideas and bad-ideas were typed very well using good vocabulary,correct grammer.etc but I kinda got side-tracked..............I was tired. :( but I feel more better.   

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 26, 2009, 06:56:11 pm »
Thanks guys for the encouragement.  :)  I actually do tend to notice more details such as the leaves for what they are then most people.   I also am very intrested in weather/climate and studying the links between it all so I tend to notice weather differences too in how it effects scenery.     I'm very weird that way and I also post on a weather blog.   

You're not "weird that way", that's just autism for ya  :D. You have a gift for seeing connections between things naturally that the rest of us have to train ourselves hard to be able to see. Of course, that gift comes with social drawbacks that can often be frustrating or in worse cases a severe handicap, but that's just the way things are. Life blesses you with one thing but takes another away.

I bet ceiling fans are interesting to you too. But maybe not. Everyone with autism experiences the attentive and visual effects a little bit differently. The person I was speaking of earlier is mesmerized by fans. She says they are extremely distracting and she can't focus at all if she is in a room with a fan.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 26, 2009, 07:19:47 pm »
Yeah, this thread is the best thing since sliced bread. Everyone feels better after posting here.

Triforce, sounds like you could enter a career as a meteorologist, or meteorological theorist or something.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:58 pm »
I may very well have Asperger's,* a form of Autism...

*Fixed for you.

I just wanna make sure you know, but by saying that you have made yourself similar to both me and Schala, as we both have Asperger's Syndrome.

Current gripe: My mom

Reason: She won't leave me alone about some school work I wasn't able to do and the semester's already over. I get new classes on Wednesday.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 26, 2009, 08:59:51 pm »
I can't spell that word... but it was just suspected. Apparently, when I was younger, I could only relate to the world through Pokemon. What a sad time... at least then it was amazing.

Personally, I hate the way things work at our school. This is our first year with semester class switches for everything and it hasn't gone well. If we were doing it the old way, we wouldn't have even started on the nasty English project and would have gotten work we needed done... done. But now... we didn't touch romanticism in American literature and are barely familiar with analogies.

I hate school sometimes...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1655 on: January 26, 2009, 11:45:07 pm »
I can't spell that word... but it was just suspected. Apparently, when I was younger, I could only relate to the world through Pokemon. What a sad time... at least then it was amazing.

Personally, I hate the way things work at our school. This is our first year with semester class switches for everything and it hasn't gone well. If we were doing it the old way, we wouldn't have even started on the nasty English project and would have gotten work we needed done... done. But now... we didn't touch romanticism in American literature and are barely familiar with analogies.

I hate school sometimes...

Romanticism, *shudder* I do not have much of a care for those. Why, just the other day I had a bit of a disagreement with Keats.

Of course, having said that, now ZeaLitY will strike at me with all righteous fury. The Romantics, as I recall, are dear to him. But Keats... I laud his passion, but his understanding of Homer is lamentably lacking. Oh, Keats, you may wonder, wonder at Homer, but all his bloody ferocity is lost upon your tender spirit!

So there is my frustration for the hour. Keats, and the Romantics, and their neoclassical view of antiquity.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:50:28 pm by Daniel Krispin »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1656 on: January 26, 2009, 11:49:53 pm »
I'm frustrated at how slow videos upload to Youtube.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 26, 2009, 11:54:10 pm »
Tea, y'know, if they're teaching you how to pass an exam, I can sympathize. That's how it's done over here in my EOC classes. My Civics+Economics teacher from my sophomore year hates it too, since there are subjects she loves to cover, but can't since they're not covered in the exam.

IMO, teaching students to pass an exam is fucking bullshit, and I side with my Civics+Economics teacher.

Ah, that is always annoying.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 26, 2009, 11:55:28 pm »
Too bad there isn't a "Praise Thread", because the Mr. Chopstick's asian restaurant in Denton, TX is the greatest asian food place ever. Ever. I guess my frustration would be that other asian food places aren't as good. I'll miss that place when I move out of this crappy town.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 27, 2009, 12:02:39 am »
Well damn, I feel like a gen-you-eine dumbass.  :shock: I've even posted in that topic before, which makes me a double-dumbass. Chief Dumbass of Dumbassville if you will. And I will.

I'm way too tired to even think straight anymore. I need sleep.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 27, 2009, 12:03:38 am »
Nah, just that one wouldn't think it was a praise thread. You're not a dumbass, Eric. Honest.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 27, 2009, 12:04:56 am »

I remember sometimes it said "processing..." and never really done. I came back another day, and it was still "processing", so I deleted it and reuploaded one.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 27, 2009, 12:17:08 am »
I was playing Ace Combat 5, on the mission to shoot down the Arkbird. It was about to leave the combat area through the west, but managed to destroy the engines.

But instead of turning south, as it should have, it kept going west, even though the current dialogue was the one meant before it turns south.

So, it kept going west, and got out of the area, and I lost. And when I thought there was nothing worse than the 30 or so failed attempts at Mission 13...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 27, 2009, 12:42:56 am »
I was playing Ace Combat 5, on the mission to shoot down the Arkbird. It was about to leave the combat area through the west, but managed to destroy the engines.

But instead of turning south, as it should have, it kept going west, even though the current dialogue was the one meant before it turns south.

So, it kept going west, and got out of the area, and I lost. And when I thought there was nothing worse than the 30 or so failed attempts at Mission 13...

I was about to finish the final level when a piece of debris killed me.  :picardno