Author Topic: What happened to Magus' Castle?  (Read 10310 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
What happened to Magus' Castle?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2005, 11:01:01 pm »
I was more on the lines of Marle's dissapearance when you said ONE plothole :)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2005, 11:19:25 pm »
Thats what I was refering to.

jthomp1286

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2005, 11:53:29 pm »
Personally, I think maybe it was destroyed when that gate ripped open... I know when the gate closes you see everything go back to normal, but maybe Lavos consumed it or something... I dunno, I've always wondered. That gate was freakishly large, maybe it sucked in the castle too... who knows.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2005, 02:35:53 am »
Maybe Frog kicked his ass.

...ah maybe not, they do mention he summoned, or tried anyway. I assume he got killed, and Ozzie, Flea and Slash, who HADN'T been detained in the Lavos Timeline by Crono and crew, were probably out handling the army and whatnot. They come back...Magus is gone, inexplicably. Ozzie assumes the worst, giving Magus the benefit of the doubt, and praises Magus and himself.

In Keystone Timeline, all three assistants are detained by Crono and crew, however none are slain. When it seems evident that Magus WAS slain by Crono and crew, they turn to Ozzie as a new leader. I assume that he wasn't a very effective leader since the war still ended in Guardia's victory, whether or not Crono and crew completed the O-S-F sidequest, but enough to be praised as the final master of the Mystics in the war.

...*whoosh* or *applause*? lol

jthomp1286

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2005, 03:44:38 am »

Robo says its an enormous gravity well, that leads me to believe the castle was sucked into the gate as well...and its whereabouts after that...well, I have no clue, lol. Probably thrown to some random point in time, or maybe sealed in Lavos' PD? Who knows?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2005, 04:21:09 am »
Gates are caused by gravity. That's the way the time egg works. There was a demonstration at Chronopolis.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doulifee.com
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2005, 06:40:11 am »
The torus wormhole, however, is likely a theoretical construct. The gravity of such a torus would be incredible and it would collapse in an instant, causing a blast on the scale of a supernova and likely creating a black hole. Nothing exists, or is ever likely to, which can resist a force in the order of petanewtons acting on such a large object.

remember that chrono & co probably need a containement field to keep their integrity throught the process of traveling (provided by the charged pendant and/or the key gate of lucca)
The force deployed by the summoning of lavos has probably destroyed the whole vicinity at the exeption of the character protected by the field.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2005, 11:37:48 pm »
It ceased to exist. Plain and simple.