Author Topic: What happened to Magus' Castle?  (Read 10304 times)

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
What happened to Magus' Castle?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 07:37:46 pm »
If they were inhabitting the castle, i think that 100 is a good number for the personal guard of the leader of a nation. Personal guards in high middle ages ranged from a handful to several hundreds... not more because they all need to be extremely trustworthy, i guess. Of course, Mystics Army was a lot larger than that: just see the leftovers of the frontline who attacked Zenan Bridge. The battle was over, because Guardia had lost (until Chrono arrived lol) all their soldiers, but there was still aplenty of mystics. Then Chrono and co. came and won it "tri-handedly" lol.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 07:56:05 pm »
You'd think that the Mystics basically had an unlimited supply of soldiers since they could just use the Human's dead...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 08:22:09 pm »
But even the dead can be killed for good :D  :lol: that's what Chrono and co. did ^_-

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 09:26:13 pm »
Yeah, I know, I was just saying that they could get a big ol' army doing that...I guess I shouldn't have said 'unlimited', but certainly pretty large, at least as large as Guardia's troops :P

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 09:45:46 pm »
Btw, regarding to Magus Castle disappearance... i am right now playing CT, and i arrive at Medina village 1000AD. The statue in the center of the village is Magus'. But, if i remember well, after you beat Magus and go back to Medina 1000AD, the statue is Ozzie's. So, after all Magus shouldn't have died in the original Timeline (that is, if Chrono and co. wouldn't have messed with it) after summoning Lavos... this is weird. Because we all were assuming that, no matter what, that is, no matter that Chrono and co. interfeared or not, the effect of Lavos summoning would be that both Magus and his Castle would disappear from the world of 600AD.
Yet, something must have happened... why the switch in the statue?

Edit: i gather, from their chantics, that they believe Magus sort of created Lavos and that Lavos will be back to destroy humans... why would that believe change after you mess up with the lavos summoning?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2005, 09:48:57 pm »
Huh...I didn't think of that...He must have summoned Lavos...But in the original, if he summoned Lavos and it just killed him, why would the Mystics still be praising him and his summoning of Lavos...? Or wait, don't they say..."If only Magus had summoned Lavos"? Or is that only in the new timeline?

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2005, 09:56:13 pm »
No... they say proudly that Magus "brought forth" Lavos... so what was the effect of Magus summoning of Lavos in the original timeline? I mean, what was the effect for the Mystics to be glad of it, an effect that didn't happen in Chrono altered timeline? Because after Chrono's actions, i thought the effects were much the same (Magus Castle destroyed).

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2005, 10:06:48 pm »
Hum ya it's rather strange, but maybe Ozzie ran away when you fought him, so he still lived and told a story so he could be better than Magus because he still lvied, while int the original timeline they both died, Magus was still believed to be the greatest

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2005, 10:39:18 pm »
It's quite plausible...

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2005, 10:58:32 pm »
Well, I'm not sure if Ozzie did that... When you take Magus to kill Ozzie, Ozzie seems to feel betrayed when he comes in with their humans enemies.  If he was the first betrayed, I don't think he would have given that same reaction.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2005, 11:11:56 pm »
Well I personnaly see Ozzie liek that liying and then trying to fake some surprise and see it that way

I was going to tell you that Ozzie died in the timeline where Magus is see has soem kind of divine being, but he was on Zenan bridge and musn't have been in the catsle at that time...

Ozzie certainly did something different being on the brdge fighting or running out of the Castle, but we can,t say...

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 12:10:30 am »
Wait, you mean the Battle at Zenan Bridge?  I personally think the Knight Captain was able to hold them off long enough for Magus to get killed by Lavos, then the Mystics falling apart.  Maybe they ended up destroying the bridge, or theres the theory that Frog rallied the defences and drove them back.

And I see Ozzie as a guilible fool.

This whole thing is very confusing why they go from Magus' worship to Ozzie worship...  My only guess is how Magus goes out.  I think that in the original timeline, he got his wish, and fought Lavos after he summoned him, thus going out with a bang.  The new one, Magus disappears with his enemies.  So Ozzie feels betrayed, and takes over.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 01:01:29 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
Wait, you mean the Battle at Zenan Bridge?  I personally think the Knight Captain was able to hold them off long enough for Magus to get killed by Lavos, then the Mystics falling apart.  Maybe they ended up destroying the bridge, or theres the theory that Frog rallied the defences and drove them back.

Exactly, they were still fighting on the Bridge so Ozzie survived in both timeline, but was worshiped only in one.

Ozzie certainly took over in both time, when Magus got killed by Lavos and when Magus go senty to 12,000 BC. How do I know this, remeber the little imp saying that in the Elder's house in Median?

Magus got killed by Lavos :

[Blue Imp]
   Ozzie VIII uses his ancestors' fame to
   boss us around!

Magus get sent to 12,000 BC
OZZIE VIII: They still worship Ozzie's
   statue in the village square.

Ozzie is defeated ahs the side quest

OZZIE VIII: Yes sir!
   I take pride in cleaning up.
   No, I'm not slacking off!

He still got famous when he lived., but got worshiped when Magus didn't die/fight lavos

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 01:36:54 am »
So, the main difference would be that Ozzie would get killed alongside Magus in the original timeline, but not after Chrono messes the summoning up, right?

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 01:42:56 am »
Well that was obivous since you fight him after messing up Magus's summoning spell.

What we're trying to figure is why :

Magus get killed by Lavos, the mystics have a Magus statue
and
Magus gets sent to 12,000 BC, the mystics have an Ozzie statue