Author Topic: Norstein Bekkler, who is he?  (Read 13354 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Norstein Bekkler, who is he?
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2005, 06:28:47 pm »
Well, Acctually, Schala was talking normally, it just seemed that because she was battered so much, she couldn't stand up, and was believing that Crono would run away, but he didn't.

You think about it. Schala had to constantly drain energy from the Mammon Machine, finally to a point where she was zapped by it. She then had to go in with the Mammon Machine, get zapped again. After what happened with Crono, she managed to stand up and use the last of her pendants powers. then she was sucked into the Mammon Machine again with the gurus, who were then transported to different times. Then she had to watch her brother get sucked into a portal to who knows where and she still like didn't go crazy.

But the strongest part about her is that she acctually survived being in the DBT, ESPECIALLY AT LAVOS' MERCY OR WHATEVER!
Even when Marle came back from the DBT (most likely) she was like Omg, I felt like dying etc. etc.. When Schala was freed, she seemed normal and as usual.

She withstood going crazy for a hella of a lot of time. And she thought about others than herself. She even reached out through time to save Serge, send the compassionate side of her out into the world etc. etc. and try to withstand Lavos aslong as she could.

No one could ever withstand Lavos mentally >.> Physically maybe, but what Schala had to go through is way harder than what Crono had to go through. I mean, when I played the game. Crono was lvl 24 when he died...

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2005, 06:43:40 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Well, Acctually, Schala was talking normally, it just seemed that because she was battered so much, she couldn't stand up, and was believing that Crono would run away, but he didn't.

You think about it. Schala had to constantly drain energy from the Mammon Machine, finally to a point where she was zapped by it. She then had to go in with the Mammon Machine, get zapped again. After what happened with Crono, she managed to stand up and use the last of her pendants powers. then she was sucked into the Mammon Machine again with the gurus, who were then transported to different times. Then she had to watch her brother get sucked into a portal to who knows where and she still like didn't go crazy.

But the strongest part about her is that she acctually survived being in the DBT, ESPECIALLY AT LAVOS' MERCY OR WHATEVER!
Even when Marle came back from the DBT (most likely) she was like Omg, I felt like dying etc. etc.. When Schala was freed, she seemed normal and as usual.

She withstood going crazy for a hella of a lot of time. And she thought about others than herself. She even reached out through time to save Serge, send the compassionate side of her out into the world etc. etc. and try to withstand Lavos aslong as she could.

No one could ever withstand Lavos mentally >.> Physically maybe, but what Schala had to go through is way harder than what Crono had to go through. I mean, when I played the game. Crono was lvl 24 when he died...

Of course Schala's magical powers are incredible! Would you expect less the the princess of Zeal? In my fanfic Schala natural powers are awesome (But she get a lot of power that has nothing to do with her). She summons a friggin thunder storm. Her mental powers are incredible, as well as her magical. Also, look at how she talks: She looks like she reached some kind of enlightment after 13000 years. She more or less told Serge the meaning of life, you know. If Robo (Who would maintain sanity thanks to the effect he, well, didn't have sanity, just programming) could figure that an entity was standing behind their adventures in 400 years, just think what else Schala could of understood except for the meaning of life? I think she might be most knowledgble with the nature of Lavos (In my fic Serge consults her about this, and she gives him a pretty good answer, revolving around Lavos' nature), due to both the time she spent thinking and the time with sharing a mind with Lavos. Seriously though, what else did she have to do for 13 millenia? Just weep and think, think and weep.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2005, 02:41:33 am »
maybe it's 13,000 years but in the DBT or TD pocket dimension time would run faster, no? or be parallel

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2005, 03:06:26 am »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
maybe it's 13,000 years but in the DBT or TD pocket dimension time would run faster, no? or be parallel

Quote from: Kid
Kid:
   C'mon Serge, me mate!
   You don't wanna keep the
   girl waiting any longer...
   She's been waitin' for you,
   and only you!
  And for over ten thousand
   years, I might add!

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2005, 04:59:42 am »
That's what Kid is saying because she only thinks it so. 13,000 years since the day that Schala was sucked into the DBT in their world. But it might be true, though 2 components would need to be seen.

The DBT has no real time and there was no aging. This would explain why Lavos hadn't gotten to strong, and needed the Dragon Gods to give him strength and thats why Schala didn't age, but lost her life for Lavos' sake.

The other consept would be that Lavos sustained Schala. But why if he needed her energy? Surely Lavos would not know that Serge might save her.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2005, 07:45:24 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
That's what Kid is saying because she only thinks it so. 13,000 years since the day that Schala was sucked into the DBT in their world. But it might be true, though 2 components would need to be seen.

The DBT has no real time and there was no aging. This would explain why Lavos hadn't gotten to strong, and needed the Dragon Gods to give him strength and thats why Schala didn't age, but lost her life for Lavos' sake.

The other consept would be that Lavos sustained Schala. But why if he needed her energy? Surely Lavos would not know that Serge might save her.

He wanted Serge as another piece for his collection of merged stuff. Of course, maybe Lavos simpley halted her aging inside her shell? He also kept Schala because he knew that if she could rest, she would regain power, and that's just more energy for him.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2005, 02:42:03 pm »
Lavos was focused on turning Schala, not anything else. And also I doubt it could have really seen outside of the DBT, it isn't like its pocket dimension it had when it was alive.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2005, 03:11:07 am »
No, not physically, he could probably 'see' with his mind if u catch my drift, otherwise he wouldn't have a clue on what was happening! Because he is a form of entity (not the Entity), he would have powers like that.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2005, 03:20:42 am »
Nah, He probably first used Schala's timestorm to his advantage. He probably activated the FF by allowing Serge not to get burned by it, Serge touches it and then Lavos can see the world through him.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2005, 03:25:15 am »
Good theory Zaper, never thought of it. So are u saying that the TD saw everything Serge did? Like he was in Serge's body?

Beer Pope

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2005, 04:33:49 am »
If that were the case, Lavos got screwed over.  By the time Serge was even getting to anything important, Lavos was forced to watch the actions of an incarnation of FATE, his worst enemy, after Chrono & co. of course.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2005, 04:39:19 am »
I may be missing something upstairs, but would exactly could FATE do to harm the TD?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2005, 08:29:55 am »
Well it could do something to the FF, possibly Seal the DBT or something. Well the biggest screw over may have been that Lynx took Serge's body, so the arbiter position changed. Lavos doens't want a computer bio-organic human as the arbiter.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2005, 03:13:37 pm »
I don't think Lavos really cared about the arbiter at all. He didn't really seem to benefit from it.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2005, 03:17:13 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
I don't think Lavos really cared about the arbiter at all. He didn't really seem to benefit from it.

Unless he wanted to merge with them. Schala seemed to be the Arbiter... And Arbiters seem to get all sorts of nifty powers. Look at Serge in RD and Serge in CC. Serge in CC can use Luminaire and Flying Arrow, while RD's Serge can't even cast a spell properly.