Author Topic: Hehe, something ironic I just figured out  (Read 9682 times)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Hehe, something ironic I just figured out
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2005, 02:42:33 am »
The Doan coming from the future is a plot hole or FANATICS could say that it's the entity's doing or that this man comes from the Earthbound village and was acting, remember nothing is perfect, Squaresoft made a mistake and would probly fix it (or should have) in the remake, if they will ever consider making another Chrono Title

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2005, 03:30:30 am »
yeah, but our "job" as fans is trying to make sense out of the plotholes, right?  :wink:

Beer Pope

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2005, 05:28:23 am »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie

Actually, Aura Twilight was referring to Doan, not Crono...

I know that...

Whether or not their ability to exist in an altered timeline is at stake doesn't have any bearing on how the mechanics are in effect.  My statement was an oft used example of how the Time Bastard Theory works.

Quote from: AuraTwilight
No she wasn't. During the final battle, you could've left her in the End of Time, where she could've put all this together.

Irrelevant, if the player can create a situation where the resulting events are in direct conflict with the results of comparable events, then we must treat it as if they did.  Then pick apart why it still works, and why the results are different.  My guess is plothole, but I think that about everything.

Quote from: jotabe1789
yeah, but our "job" as fans is trying to make sense out of the plotholes, right?

Exactly; as it stands, many of the strange and conflicting events the compendium is capable of rationalizing are likely just holes the developers never noticed or took the time to fix.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2005, 03:04:42 am »
Quote from: Beer Pope
Exactly; as it stands, many of the strange and conflicting events the compendium is capable of rationalizing are likely just holes the developers never noticed or took the time to fix.

Exactly. The creators dont give a damn about the plotholes! We at the Compendium (Yay!) are basically pulling about the Chrono Series and fixing up lots of stuff. If Square got a load of the Forums, they would want to make another game, or fix the old ones!

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2005, 06:25:13 am »
In any case, i prefer that they sacrifice the consistence of the plot for the sake of gameplay and fun experience  :wink: sometimes you can't have all.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2005, 06:27:38 am »
And i suppose there is an up-side to the plotholes:

We get to talk about them!  :D
Yay!