Author Topic: Hehe, something ironic I just figured out  (Read 9648 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Hehe, something ironic I just figured out
« on: July 07, 2005, 05:57:07 pm »
Yeah, it's almost funny in a strange way, when I think it.

Queen Zeal always wanted to become one with Lavos so much. In the end, her daughter, whom the Queen used to get closer to Lavos was the one that became one with Lavos.

Sheer irony.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 08:04:34 pm »
Whoa!

I never thought of that!

Interesting.............

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 09:23:01 pm »
Lol, Technically she never fully fused with Lavos. She was about to, but never did if you beat the game properly.

The more ironic thing would be that Schala didn't want to become one with Lavos, but ended up anyway.

BTW, Does anyone think that that shield that Schala is incased in is like a barrier to make it harder for Lavos to fuse with her?

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 09:27:44 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking

BTW, Does anyone think that that shield that Schala is incased in is like a barrier to make it harder for Lavos to fuse with her?

I personaly though that was a prison made by Lavos to fuse with her, I don't see how except the way Masa & Mune does (run away and hitting each other) but I don't see Schala and Lavos doing that... for some reason...

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 12:24:17 am »
Nice observation Legend.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 01:29:01 pm »
Well, actually, Schala DID fuse with Lavos. Otherwise the Chrono Cross wouldn't have been needed to free her. When she created Kid, then she was not, but immediately thereafter she was.

Now, as for the topic... yes, actually, that irony did dawn upon me at one point. It was the reason I had Schala say in my fanfiction: 'What strange chance that was it that I, alone of all my kin, should have borne the judgement of God for the sins of my people. I, who at risk of my mother’s cruel and terrible wrath spoke out against our unholy quest for immortal life. Yet I was the only one to achieve it, and finding that which I never yearned for, found it a curse beyond your reckoning, yea, beyond the reckoning of any mortal.'

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 01:55:34 pm »
Wow.

That was some nice dialogue.  :wink:

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 03:03:14 pm »
Quote from: Philosopher1701
Wow.

That was some nice dialogue.  :wink:

You should read the entire fanfic. Dan here has a great style.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 07:55:28 am »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
I personaly though that was a prison made by Lavos to fuse with her, I don't see how except the way Masa & Mune does (run away and hitting each other) but I don't see Schala and Lavos doing that... for some reason...

I find it quite strange why there would be a prison type thing like that in the first place. Fusing is basically two ppl forming one (take DBZ for instance, and the way the fusing in KH2 works). But in this case, we have Schala and Lavos fusing, creating the TD (a different being) yet Schala remains physically able to be seen (unlike in DBZ and KH2). So how is this real fusing?

~LC

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 08:01:03 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
Quote from: DarkGizmo

I find it quite strange why there would be a prison type thing like that in the first place. Fusing is basically two ppl forming one (take DBZ for instance, and the way the fusing in KH2 works). But in this case, we have Schala and Lavos fusing, creating the TD (a different being) yet Schala remains physically able to be seen (unlike in DBZ and KH2). So how is this real fusing?

~LC

She fused with the shell, actually. But moreover, that shell that covers her, actually allows Lavos to be completly able to tap into her power, mind and body. Thus, he can extract genes, use Schala's magic, and affect her mind.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 08:02:11 am »
ah, i see wat u mean. Remember i havent played CC so...

~LC, whishing he had Chrono Cross...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 09:49:19 am »
But also Schala can use Lavos powers to hear and act through time. They are only one being... but a bit schizophrenic one. More like dual personalities. Anyway, if they would have been totally fused, if Lavos and Schala's minds were like one, i don't think even the Chrono Cross could have done anything.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 11:03:51 am »
Quote from: jotabe1789
But also Schala can use Lavos powers to hear and act through time. They are only one being... but a bit schizophrenic one. More like dual personalities. Anyway, if they would have been totally fused, if Lavos and Schala's minds were like one, i don't think even the Chrono Cross could have done anything.

The whole point of the game is to prove that the Chrono Cross is the most powerful element that has heaps of powers, even to produce it, the circumstances had to be like 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. And with those odds, i'd pretty much assure you that the power of the Cross would heal anything.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 11:35:02 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: jotabe1789

The whole point of the game is to prove that the Chrono Cross is the most powerful element that has heaps of powers, even to produce it, the circumstances had to be like 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. And with those odds, i'd pretty much assure you that the power of the Cross would heal anything.

Yes, what makes the Chrono Cross so badass is the fact he uses the very power of life, the very power of the planet. Which sort of crushes lavos to bits. In fact, Schala and Lavos DID share a mind, but the Chrono Cross broke all connection between the two.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 02:41:43 pm »
I wonder what happens to the Chrono Cross once it's all over...