Author Topic: Crimson Echoes Task Schedule  (Read 4496 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Crimson Echoes Task Schedule
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2005, 01:21:29 am »
Probably not a bad idea either.  Even if they don't have a different costume or anything, just changing up their colors would be great...long as we can manage to keep the skin and hair color the same, that is. =P

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2005, 07:06:49 pm »
Hey Jake, did you finally get to see those animations?  :D  Sorry I didn't get to send them to you last night.  Anyway, I'm going to work a bit more on the frontal animation.  Not just 'cause of Zeality's comment, either.  (Heh.)  I'm just not quite satisfied with it.  It'll be finished up tonight.  Then I'm going to finish a couple more (primarily the victory/character select/shop screen group of poses) and post 'em.

Darkken, I got a question for ya.  You mentioned a problem with running graphics for Glenn.  Is this because you had "pixeler's block," or because of a technical issue?  I was just thinking about this today while I was at work....  Ayla's running animation has her low and long against the ground, like a cat.  If Schala's running animation has to fill that same shape, well, I just don't know how it could be done (not that I won't think of something brill, of course, but I'd almost rather have her float like her bro does).

As for changing the sprites, I'm against it, like, 100%.  For what it's worth, I vote we go with the original sprites for all returning characters.

OdF

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2005, 07:46:29 pm »
I vote with original sprites wherever possible.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2005, 08:33:45 pm »
Quote from: Oswego del Fuego
Hey Jake, did you finally get to see those animations?  :D  Sorry I didn't get to send them to you last night.  Anyway, I'm going to work a bit more on the frontal animation.  Not just 'cause of Zeality's comment, either.  (Heh.)  I'm just not quite satisfied with it.  It'll be finished up tonight.  Then I'm going to finish a couple more (primarily the victory/character select/shop screen group of poses) and post 'em.

Yeah, I finally saw 'em, LOL...once I got home.  And yeah, they really WERE that pronounced in the game, it was just hard to notice unless you watched her really closely.  Plus, the screen never scrolled with her, so that made things like that a little more difficult to see.

I like 'em how they are.  8)   As for her running animation, I was wondering about that myself...  For a bit, I pictured her picking up her dress and running, but that hardly seems Schala-ish...  I think that, yeah, the floating might be more her style, depending on the pose it's done in.  She might do a Magus-esque flying thing, or maybe she could do more of a sitting-Indian-style-in-midair thing.  I dunno...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2005, 11:15:09 pm »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
Yeah, I finally saw 'em, LOL...once I got home.  And yeah, they really WERE that pronounced in the game, it was just hard to notice unless you watched her really closely.

Did you?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2005, 11:17:50 pm »
Closely ;)  But not *THAT* closely :shock:

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2005, 11:21:52 pm »

Right...

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2005, 01:41:55 am »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin

Right...

Pervs >.>

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2005, 01:43:00 am »
So? :lol:

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2005, 10:08:51 pm »
Well, here are a few more frames for you to perv over.  :wink:

I'm proposing this for a victory/character select/shop menu pose:

And here are bowing, from the front and back:

Also....

http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html

I update this page when I complete new frames.  You can always check in here for the latest stuff.

Bits I'm still working on = running, climbing, head-shaking in all four directions.

Question:  Do we need head-bowing from the side?  I can't remember if sprites do this in Trigger or not.

OdF

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2005, 10:10:46 pm »
Well again I can't see the sprites, but if by head-bowing you mean their "pondering" pose, then yes, you'll need that.

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2005, 10:12:41 pm »
Jake, where is your e-mail?  I don't see it in your profile.

Provide it, and I'll send the new stuff to you post-haste.

I assume you would want the images as attachments?

OdF

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2005, 11:04:22 pm »
Yes, I would want them as attachments...  I'm about to edit my profile to include the email address now. :)  Thanks man!

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2005, 11:36:57 pm »
Jake, I sent the new frames to you.  Let me know if you have any problems receiving them.

Also, here's the last one for tonight:

Side-bowing!  :D

OdF

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2005, 11:55:27 pm »
Nice LOL...  And don't forget her blinking-in-surprise sprite! :lol:

These look cool, although there's something strange with the victory sprite.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm GUESSING that she should move a bit more than just her arms and eyes...  Like I just feel as if she should change her stance somehow, shift her weight, maybe bow her head when she puts her arms out like that...  Maybe have her pendant sparkle after she closes her eyes...  I dunno, just something.  VERY cool though, more than I would have the patience to do. :o