Author Topic: FFXIII-2 interview with Motomu Toriyama mentions Chrono Trigger  (Read 4570 times)

Alinathimpha

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: FFXIII-2 interview with Motomu Toriyama mentions Chrono Trigger
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 12:22:52 pm »

Exactly! So does the majority of the populace! Those of us who know it's pronounced thirteen: two are an educated minority (at least in America). People don't like confusing names for stuff, and I predict because of this, the game won't sell nearly as well as predicted in America. Besides, even though they've been on the record the entire production saying that 13:2 is going to be the polar opposite of 13, it still has THIRTEEN in the title, which was not well received by players and critically panned. All anyone ever said about 13 that was good was "It's beautiful". As in it LOOKS good. Which is what you say when you can't find other redeeming qualities, OR when the visuals are so spectacular you can't believe it's actually a game (which was not the case here). All this leaves a very small target audience who might have not lost interest in the sequel.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 05:05:02 pm »

Exactly! So does the majority of the populace! Those of us who know it's pronounced thirteen: two are an educated minority (at least in America). People don't like confusing names for stuff, and I predict because of this, the game won't sell nearly as well as predicted in America. Besides, even though they've been on the record the entire production saying that 13:2 is going to be the polar opposite of 13, it still has THIRTEEN in the title, which was not well received by players and critically panned. All anyone ever said about 13 that was good was "It's beautiful". As in it LOOKS good. Which is what you say when you can't find other redeeming qualities, OR when the visuals are so spectacular you can't believe it's actually a game (which was not the case here). All this leaves a very small target audience who might have not lost interest in the sequel.

I dare say I've read this before. What do you think, Mr Bekkler?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:23 pm »
Somebody's new at quoting. It's cool :lol:

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 12:51:30 am »
Final Fantasy 13? what's that? ...OH you must mean Press X/A-3. (spawned my saying of press the A button to save the world) yea preety much graphics and story (STORY not the lines the character said (dear god some were awful)) pretty much made the game. it was OK. not good but I'm planning on getting the sequel because I still think that RPG stories are some of the best out there for video games. not saying that all good stories can only be found in the RPG genre, but that with an RPG you are most likely going to get  a good story  with RPG's than in other genres.

hopefully this will bode well for the Chrono series and Lennis, yeah I can see SE doing something like that. but hey then there may be a chance for another sequel, which would be FF(rdm#)-3 seeing as Chrono Cross would also have a chance being remade, most likely being called FF(rdm#)-2 following that logic.

xwatchmanx

• Iokan (+1)
  • Never had a "#1 favorite" game before Chrono ;-D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 11:02:32 pm »
Ick... personally this upsets me. *puts on hipster glasses* I want an actual Chrono sequel, not "Chrono streamlined into the Square cash cow".