Author Topic: Doppelgangers in the Black Omen  (Read 19864 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Doppelgangers in the Black Omen
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2005, 01:05:51 am »
Give me a sec, and I will show you the picture of Gasper.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2005, 01:07:27 am »
That's ok...I know what Gaspar looks like (I chose to ignore that bit of your post >_>.)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2005, 01:08:40 am »
Too bad sucka I just got it!

Note how the hat looks and then look at you avater's hat

GrayLensman:  I fixed the Gaspar image

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2005, 01:14:47 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
Now THAT would definitly be a new one.

But still, I like thinking of Miguel = Crono because it adds a nice layer of depth and emotion to the situation. As they put it in the thread I linked, imagine being forced to be the guardian of a place that mirrors a desolate future you fought to negate, biding your time with echos of your past self and friends, and then your life ending forced to fight against those with the only chance of setting everything right. It's much better (and the sad music would be much more appropriate) than just fighting a random fisherman who was the father of Serge's girlfriend who just happened to have a tragic end of life.

In other words, you want to make an otherwise dull character sound more interesting?

I thought it was sad enough. You're beating up "uncle" Miguel, your father's best friend, and the father of the girl next door. Neither of you want to fight each other, but you have to.

You think Leena is the child of Crono and Marle? And that Serge happens to become friends with the child of Crono and Marle?

Two words for you: fan fiction.

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2005, 01:41:04 am »
I'm still amazed at all the theory flaming/sarcasm that goes on, even though this is supposed to be a place to discuss theories in a mature fashion.

No, I don't think that Serge fighting his girl's uncle, whom he has nearly no memory of, merits the drama that it gets in the game, if that's all he really is. Maybe a little sadness that Miguel has to fight against the boy he essentially lost the rest of his life trying to save, but from Serge's side? I wouldn't feel all too sad.

Ok, so maybe Leena being the daughter of CT's heroes becoming friends with the main character of Cross is a bit stretched, but it's not as if she was a big character in this game. If I was fanficcing this idea, wouldn't I cast her, whom I thought to be the daughter of two of the biggest characters from CT, as a bigger role? Anyways, it's just a theory that has some merits and some flaws. Like many here made, it's not perfect.

And come on, the fanfiction comment was uncalled for. If you really want to laugh at this theory, talk to the ones who played a part in its creation.

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2005, 01:54:02 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
I'm still amazed at all the theory flaming/sarcasm that goes on, even though this is supposed to be a place to discuss theories in a mature fashion.

No, I don't think that Serge fighting his girl's uncle, whom he has nearly no memory of, merits the drama that it gets in the game, if that's all he really is. Maybe a little sadness that Miguel has to fight against the boy he essentially lost the rest of his life trying to save, but from Serge's side? I wouldn't feel all too sad.

Ok, so maybe Leena being the daughter of CT's heroes becoming friends with the main character of Cross is a bit stretched, but it's not as if she was a big character in this game. If I was fanficcing this idea, wouldn't I cast her, whom I thought to be the daughter of two of the biggest characters from CT, as a bigger role? Anyways, it's just a theory that has some merits and some flaws. Like many here made, it's not perfect.

And come on, the fanfiction comment was uncalled for. If you really want to laugh at this theory, talk to the ones who played a part in its creation.

I wasn't ridiculing you THAT badly. :/ NOW you're really making ME feel bad.

*Ahem*

I just don't see the main character from Chrono Trigger, who was a representation of you, the player in the world of Chrono Trigger, becoming his own character, i.e. Miguel.

Besides, the whole Crono becoming king of Guardia scenario was something that was added with the Final Fantasy Chronicles rendition of Chrono Trigger; they added a cinema scene of the two getting married.

In the original SNES Chrono Trigger, we never know what becomes of Crono and Marle in the end. Honestly, I myself never really saw the two characters connecting romantically, just a couple of kids having fun. And then getting caught up in a plot of saving the world.

It's like, after the game ends, THEN, they want to give him some background constraints? Shiz. I mean, the guy never really even spoke when you played as him, unless you count the responses you make him give.

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2005, 01:54:59 am »
All depends on perspective, friend. One person can walk up to an art piece and say, "Boy, this piece of trash sucks!" and walk away. Another person could walk up to it and think, "Wow, this is a masterpiece!"

It all depends on who you are ;).

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2005, 02:05:59 am »
Eh, it wasn't that bad. I was jumping the gun a bit... (a little offended at that fanfiction comment)

In no way am I saying I wholly believe the Miguel = Crono theory, but it's more like I'm irrationally partial to the theory, as I'd had liked to see a little bit more CT connections in the area in the game that embodied and reflected Chrono Trigger the most.

About the Crono/Marle pairing, yeah I never really saw them as a couple as well, and I really don't like that pairing, but it's so stereotypical that you knew that they were going to end up as an item someday.

And about nightmare's eating the painting comment...thinking about it, the man who would be like "mmm...painting!" sort of symbolizes the people who wouldn't understand the work of art at all (thought this is a bit extreme, to confuse it with food  :lol: ). Except, the person who thinks it is trash would probably also not understand it, but still...

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2005, 03:01:07 am »
No Zenning, you can't :P

1. I still think that it's either a glitch or it's holograms.

The Miguel=Crono theory is just as bad as the Lynx lying about Lucca being killed theory. But then ofcourse, we have a few people who stuff up the whole game evidence thing by saying one thing is game evidence and the next is not *Cough Sentenal Cough* Really, The game never states there is TTI, so how is that game evidence. For one, the game or atleast a character does state that she will find Serge "in any dimension".

Sorry, got off topic :P

Sir Frog

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2005, 03:48:04 am »
Time traveller immunity simply means that if an entity, X, on timeline Y travels back in time, then any changes in the new timeline Y' that result from X's travel will not affect X's past.  This is simply a consequence of X's having moved to another timeline, Y', in which X has no history.  Therefore, X's actions in the new timeline Y' cannot have any affect on X's past since X does not have one in Y'.  It is important to realize that this is just a consequence of the existance (and permissibility) of multiple timelines.  There is no actual immunity granted by some temporal district attorney.  

A common misconception about time traveller immunity is that the entity, X, is immune from all further time travel by other entities in Y'.  This is false.  If W' in Y' travels back in time so as to create Y'', then X in Y' is not immune to any resulting changes that affect X's past.  (Note, however, that only X's past in Y' could be altered; X's past in Y is immune to all time travel that originates in Y'.)

(Clarification:  X's is the possessive form of X.  It is not the plural of X'.)

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2005, 01:21:51 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
And, about teh Crono & Marle thing...C'mon, one of the most touching game moments of all time was when Marle got Crono back up on Death Peak...They're an item, no doubt.

Unless of course, you don't have Marle in your party, then Lucca hugs/smooches/hugs & smooches Crono instead.

Of course, if you've all men in your group at the time of Crono's resurrection, then no one hugs or smooches anyway.

As for Ayla, I've never had her in my party when we get Crono back, so I wouldn't know whether she slobbers all over him or not.

Hehehehe...there should be a Chrono Trigger themed dating simulator...and you could choose to be one of the characters, and then date the rest; who are of the opposite sex, of course.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2005, 01:32:51 pm »
Oh pshaw...Try having marle & lucca, then see who overrides whom. Not to mention that Crono's saved Marle's life and, uh, does stuff...

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2005, 01:35:08 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Oh pshaw...Try having marle & lucca, then see who overrides whom. Not to mention that Crono's saved Marle's life and, uh, does stuff...

Yeah, I'll try that, but I believe it depends on the order of the characters in your party. I'll have Lucca up front with Marle in back.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2005, 01:40:30 pm »
It still does Marle, no matter where she is.

LUCCA IS CRONO'S FRIEND! There is no love triangle, at all, ever.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2005, 06:42:50 pm »
Hello? Playstation ending? Wedding anime scene? Whatever.