Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Set for April Release on Virtual Console in Japan  (Read 3187 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Thanks to http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/25/chrono-trigger-time-warps-to-virtual-console-next-month/. Square is releasing Chrono Trigger next month in Japan for 900 Wii points. It (laughably) will not have the DS additions.

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: Chrono Trigger Set for April Release on Virtual Console in Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:27 am »
Awesome.  :lol: SquareEnix keeps on looking for ways to deplete our wallets by making the lesser effort (and the fact that it doesn’t even include the DS additions makes it even funnier… Unless they are planning to include some Wii exclusive additions… But I won’t get my hopes that high). Fortunately for me my laziness as a video gamer has made me “almost” immune to their charm… At least until they release a port of RD, new merchandise of the existing Chrono games (with brand new art if it isn’t too much to ask) or a sequel…

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:01:42 am »
Yeah, such a late VC entry seems to mean we can kiss any hopes of a 3DS remake goodbye...I hope they don't think a Wii port will sell more than the enhanced DS port did....

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:40:51 am »
Dang, it seems the PSP remake of FF4 did a gob job in improving the 2D graphics (though I know someone might complain about what and what).
They just don't want to try something else besides Final Fantasy series? :?

Iyellalot

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 03:40:57 am »
It (laughably) will not have the DS additions.

If it had content different from the SNES original on it, it couldn't be a VC title. Nintendo only allows the original versions of the game to be released on the Virtual Console.

Besides, if you hate Chrono Cross as much as I do, the lack of content tying into it is arguably a good thing. But, of course, that's just my opinion.