Author Topic: Mega Aftershock! Analysis and Music Sections Updated!  (Read 3004 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Mega Aftershock! Analysis and Music Sections Updated!
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »
Hey, we're back! This time I've gotten the music section updated with new doujins and remixes; I've also done a new analysis review. As we phase out of the mega-update system, biweekly updates are going to return. We'll check the site each day and keep realtime updates in vitro until each Saturday, when we'll release the last two weeks' worth of news and new fan material, like art and remixes. No more long dry spells. So let's get started!

[FEATURE]  GlitterBerri noticed yesterday that Kid's body mass index would be an emaciated 16.5. AcaciaSgt helped calculate the rest of the BMIs of Chrono Cross's cast, and found that 64% of human female characters in the game are underweight. Yeesh; talk about unrealistic and unfair beauty standards. See the full tally here.

[>>>ANALYSIS] Hey, a few pages have been modified! Check it out: [ Enertron - Anti-annihilation Energy - Lavos (Origin of) - Temporal Revision Theory - Dragon God - Kid (Fate of) - Poet - Shades - Kid (Arrival of) - Dimensional Split (Timing of) ]

[>>>DOUJINS] Starting off with...  [DISC]  [ Square Enix - Battle Tracks Vol. 3 ] [ Square Enix - Xmas Collections ] [ WDR Radio Orchestra Cologne - Symphonic Fantasies ]  [DIGITAL]  [ chi_z - Radical Dreamers Soundtrack: 15th Anniversary Edition ] [ WDR Radio Orchestra Cologne - Symphonic Fantasies: Encore (Final Boss Suite) ] [ Justin St. Charles - Chrono Trigger Reflections ]

[>>>REMIXES] Starting off with...  [COMPENDIUM]  [ 'Schala Zeal Revisited' by Dunce ] [ '2300 AD - A Time Waiting for Its Hero' by Dunce ] [ 'ZeroLavo' by tssf (S3M, MIDI]) ] [ 'Corridors of Time' by GUITERYUKI ] [ 'The Day the World Revived (Remix)' by Zakyrus ] [ 'Undersea Palace' by Dario Melo ] [ 'Corridors and Clocks' by Dario Melo ] [ 'Gato's Song' by Dario Melo ] [ 'A Premonition' by chi_z ] [ 'Epilogue to Good Friends (String Quartet)' by chi_z ] [ 'Peaceful Days' by chi_z ] [ 'Scattering Blossoms' by chi_z ] [ 'Manoria Cathedral' by chi_z ] [ 'Manoria Cathedral Fugue' by chi_z ] [ 'Boss Battle I' by chi_z ] [ 'Peaceful Days Piano Sonata Pt. I' by chi_z ] [ 'Peaceful Days Piano Sonata Pt. II' by chi_z ] [ 'Pieces of a Dream' by chi_z ] [ 'Garden of God' by chi_z ]  [OCREMIX]  [ 'Pipe Dream Mystics' by bLiNd ] [ 'Third Eye' by ABG ]  [THASAUCE]  [ 'Green Memories Zone' by sci ]  [OTHER]  [ 'Schala OSV' by tssf ] [ Chrono Trigger 64 & Odds and Ends by tssf (ZIP, 36.8 MB) ] [ 'Courage and Pride (Beta)' by tssf ] [ 'Frog's Theme' by DJ H3L10S ] [ 'Where Threads Connect' by melody ] [ 'Song of Ruin 2' by Blue Magic ]  [DWELLING OF DUELS]  [ 'Beaches' by BONKERS ] [ 'Fate' by BONKERS ] [ 'Wind Scene (Past)' by Rayth Xelos ] [ 'Continua' by Ergosonic ] [ 'Trigger Please' by Shnabubula ]

[OTHER STUFF]  CHRONO COMIX HAS BEEN FUCKING UPDATED CHECK IT OUT YOU VILE FUCK.  [2]  While we went unupdated last year, John de Sousa cranked out a New Game +-only speedrun, clocking in at 6 minutes, 50 seconds. Check it out here!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:02:14 pm by ZeaLitY »

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Aftershock! Analysis and Music Sections Updated!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:17:15 pm »
A buddy of mine does a shitload of speedruns and whatnot, and told me a girl had recently broken the record for a non-NG+ playthrough. I'll see if I can dig it up.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Aftershock! Analysis and Music Sections Updated!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 01:48:26 pm »
Woohoo! New update- that was quick!

Wow im sad that so many female characters from chrono cross are underweight. Save Macha :D but of course she doesnt get any real character development does she? Than again Cross had so many characters thats hardly fair to suggest thats due to her weight, cross had so many characters and so little character development.

Its sad society and the media (even in our beloved favorite video games) shows underweight as beautiful, in reality if our heroes were underweight, especially significantly underweight I doubt they could fight as well as they did. How interesting.

That is a TON of remixes  :D Ima have fun listening to them all!

CHRONO COMIX AMG!

H3L10S

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
w00t! Thanks for the love!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »
Hey all! ~

Big fan of CT/CC and the Compendium. Had lost the URL to one of my pages and did a Google search for my stage name "DJ H3L10S" and was glad to see that my Frog's Theme remix is getting some love! Thanks again Zeality for adding the song to the Compendium!

~ DJ H3L10S