Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 55301 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2011, 12:00:57 am »
If you side with Porre you can get items from the fallen Porrean soldiers, and in 1000AD tensions with Porre have lightened up. If you side with Medina you can get items from the fallen Mystic/Fiend soldiers, and in 1000AD tensions with Medina have lightened up. If you choose the neutral route you get items from both fallen Porrean soldiers and Mystic/Fiend soldiers, but tensions in 1000AD remain tough with both Medina and Porre.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2011, 12:16:16 am »
Oh, so it...hm... *tries to puzzle out what would happen*

If tensions with Porre have lightened up, then...GAH, it's been ages since I watched that playthrough. I'll just make one save of each timeline!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2011, 12:47:36 am »
I went with the neutral route. I wanted my items! I could care less about who likes me, hahaha...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2011, 01:23:26 am »
I remember watching that part in the videos. Too bad siding with Porre never changed the outcome of 'Fall of Guardia'.

Well, it was a given it wouldn't. Heh, it's like 'Actually winning the Ocean Palace Lavos fight scenario' all over again...  :lol:

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2011, 02:44:55 am »
I went with the neutral route. I wanted my items! I could care less about who likes me, hahaha...

Heh, same.

I thought I was the only one who did that! I have a usb controller that looks like a ps2 controller, so I map the controls like snes, then turbo A on L2 and fast forward on R2 and voila! Battle speeder. I've been using zsnes and lately, bsnes. It's actually pretty cool.

Mine's a 360 controller but yeah, I did pretty much the same thing.  It's so convenient, isn't it?  Plus the fight song sped up super fast is hilarious.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »
Well I deleted the ROM off my laptop since I didn't bother even playing it.  I had other matters to attend.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2011, 04:23:40 am »
The difficulty really spikes sometimes during the game xD
Im glad I recruited Ayla ...her techs are vital imo xD

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2011, 05:59:54 am »
When does Ayla come into your party?  I completely forgot, since I haven't watched the playthrough in over a year.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2011, 07:31:15 am »
Right before going to the Ocean Palace to destroy the Flame.
Shes already stronger than the rest of your party when you get her xD

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2011, 01:35:55 pm »
Alya was about 10 levels behind the rest of my party when I got her... I had found the perfect spot to powerlevel everyone in Kasmir's castle: the three sleeping henches that instantly respawn when you step out of the room.  One casting of Ice Water from Frog and Marle kills them all in one shot, even at relatively low levels.  Tapping the speed-up-emulation key at exactly the right times shaved off about 80% of the time I would have otherwise had to spend walking the characters back and forth, waiting for their turns to come up in battle, or waiting for the characters to finish their victory poses.  I just gave one of them a silver stud and supplemented ethers and aura heals out of battle as needed, then went to town.

Another excellent powerleveling spot I found later after I got Alya was the second to last room in the ocean palace (the real ocean palace, not the ruins) where three of those elemental bat/cyclops creatures appear.  For some reason, Magus' Double Tap attack does ridiculous amounts of damage to them (like around 3000 damage per hit... way more than his regular attack value).  A few other monsters were weak to it too, but not all, and the three little guys grant a lot of XP.  I'm not sure if it had to do with any equipment Magus was wearing or what, but it didn't seem I was using anything out of the ordinary.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:07 am »
Alya was about 10 levels behind the rest of my party when I got her...

I read this earlier and thought "Well, shit...looks like when I get her it'll be more serious grinding time", but when she joined the party she was the exact same level as everyone else.  Weird..

I had found the perfect spot to powerlevel everyone in Kasmir's castle: the three sleeping henches that instantly respawn when you step out of the room.

I did the exact same thing.  Man, I loved that room...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:48:58 am by Sajainta »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2011, 12:55:30 am »
This game is effing difficult! I'm at the Singing Mountain, and my Magus/Robo/Lucca party are continuously owned by the Reptites. The green ones have 800HP and the dark ones have 1000HP (and high defense until shocked). I mean, my party always wins, but there's been a few times their HP falls to abysmally low levels. Egad!

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2011, 01:19:01 am »
I agree, the monster HP is way too high. I don't mind the high attack strength, but it gets really tedious fighting because monsters have as much HP as bosses in the original.

Also, not enough bosses :p

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2011, 01:41:44 am »
So true.  I just finished the Zeal Ruins part (when you go after KZ and Dalton, not the ruins in the beginning of the game) and Omega Flare--which was pretty much my bread and butter during CT--hardly did anything.  It's a really hard game and while I do appreciate that (I thought CT was too easy), sometimes I'm just thinking...YIKES.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2011, 07:04:36 am »
I personally appreciated that they didn't make it easy.  Anyone playing CE is going to be a CT veteran, so you don't want to go too soft...

Though, the nigh-invincible Black Tyrano sitting behind the locked door in Dinopolis (same stats as the one in Leene Square) was kind of annoying.  And after all that effort, all it gives you is 1000xp for beating it.