Author Topic: So, I Had This Interesting Dream...  (Read 13549 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: So, I Had This Interesting Dream...
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2011, 07:00:21 am »
So I had this interesting dream four days ago (please don't hit me, I just... I just...).

Before describing the dream, let me point out that my grandfather was a humanitarian, always going out of his way to help people, even if it meant going ruined. This attitude of his, wanting to make the world a better place at the cost of his own expenses sent him through intense poverty and suffering, and taking his future family with him. My mother, born in the same poor family, lived her childhood eating nothing more than two chapatis and tea a day, with no luxuries that her other friends had. She inherited her father's wisdom, but also developed her own belief after witnessing the outcome of selfless philanthropy: never, EVER, go beyond your way to help people, even if they're in need. Family comes first.

Born in a middle-lower class family at least I had it better than mom at her childhood, and was raised with the principles of my mother, but I shared the same sentiments of my grandfather. As I grew older, these principles conflicted within me, rendering me helpless. Which is why I decided that if I want to help people I need to be rich, successful and influential. Thus, my dream.

The Dream

I walked in thick rain with nothing but an umbrella, not knowing where I came from or where I was going. All I knew was that I was getting late and that I needed to go somewhere. Then, out of nowhere, a bunch of ragged children came begging for some money. And I remembered a good friend's advice from long ago:

Don't encourage them. Satisfy them once and they will come again throughout their lives. Let them suffer a while longer and they begin to think.

I ignored them and walked on, but they persistently followed me. Somehow, I got rid of them and was far away, and looking back I saw them trying to follow someone else for a penny. A whirlwind of emotion rose in me and I whistled at them. And they, like hungry puppies, flocked towards me.

"I'm sorry, I don't have money with me right now," I said, "but I do have something even better."

"What's that?" They asked in unison.

"Your future."

I took them... somewhere... and got them some food. I asked them if they'd like to study, like us rich people (because naturally they viewed us as rich), and earn salaries like us. I spoke my wisdom, and encouraged them to work once they got older, explaining how they could earn a thousand times more than what they get following people around. And, because of my pathetic ability to explain anything accurately, they began to see me as a devil asking for their souls.

"He wants to make us do things for him!" One child screamed and ran for his life.

Almost everyone followed him and got as far away from me as possible, except for one child who stayed, unsure what to do. His friends told him that anywhere near me is hell. Then he made up his mind, making it clear that his life already was hell. He was eager to learn. He was eager to see the world. And I took it upon myself to help him.

I took him to the Cafe where I worked, but my boss was unwilling to teach him anything. I went to a  government school, but they wouldn't take him unless his parents were with him. I took him home, but my mother refused to feed him. I went to his parents, who were teaching their kids to panhandle for them, and they refused to believe in education. I seemed to be the only lifeline the poor boy had.

But progress did happen, though I did not know how. All passed in a blur. The boy grew older, being criticized by his peers. But he showed them with his talents. He was on a quest to conquer the world.

And I wake up.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 11:19:28 am »
Look. It's a thread zombie.

So for some reason I get these... weird spam messages on my AIM, right? It's basically some annoying thing saying that she's super bored, and she's gonna go do sexy things now. And I gotta go to this site if I want to watch, and they gotta have my credit card number so that they know I'm 18+. No matter WHAT I say to it, it's always the same spiel. And it's always a different one, too.

That's just some background information.

Last night, I dreamt I was working at some big store, like a wholesale store or something. Certainly looked like the one we have here. Anyway, somehow I ran into the lady who MAKES these spambots, and is in all actuality a real life whorehookerladything. And she was like 'Ooh I have boobies' and meanwhile I'm trying to make any sense of this and keep my job, so I'm like 'LADY. LADY LOOK. IM GAY. I LIKE MAN PARTS. GET YOUR BOSOMS OUT OF MY FACE.' With a huff, I went back to my desk to find that the class president had stolen my purse. Or at least she had a purse that I thought was mine. And then the lady followed me and was like... barely contained, you know? And then the world kind of looked like one of my drawings. All the lines were super scratchy and the colors all bright and freaky.

And then I woke up.

I think dreams have some sort of... meaning to them, you know? There must be a reason why I very loudly proclaimed to the store (which was somehow full of my classmates) that I was gay. There must be a reason why I thought that the very ridiculously pink purse the class president had was mine. I kind of don't want to think about it right now, though. I want some food.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2011, 11:59:13 pm »
Last night Lady Gaga told me she wanted to date me, via my SoY thread.  I was still at boarding school, so she visited and presented me with this humongous book that she had written in my honour.  But then she started coming on too strong, and so I quietly tried to sneak away, through this labyrinthine basement filled with PlayStation consoles and games.  She finally caught up with me, and I ran, but not before accidentally back-handing Harle.

The dream was really quite long, but I had to heavily censor it on here haha.  It was verrrrry much NSFW.

But essentially...

The Compendium?  Check.
Lady Gaga?  Check.
Gratuitous amounts of sexual tension?  Check.
Lesbianism?  Check.
Chrono Cross?  Check.

Cool beans.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:07:17 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 10:12:08 pm »
I had quite an interesting dream I wanted to share. While this dream was massive and related a lot to my normal, real life, I also had a few... erm... "scenes" taking place with our beloved Chrono Compendium. Keep in mind that my dreams are rarely verbal and are usually communicated with emotions. Perhaps it's because of the boundless insanity that resides in my head, but this world I had visions of was one that appealed to me most. So let's just call it...

Tushant-In Wonderland (harr hurr hurr)

Disclaimer: This was just a weird dream I had, and I'm retelling this as honestly as I can remember because of its sheer entertaining quality. The dream itself was insane, and I thought everybody would love to enjoy reading it. I do not intend to hurt or offend anyone, so take this simply as a fictional joke.

So there I was, in the middle of my dream, trying to escape Mr Corrupt Politician (his first name was "Corrupt"), riding on a Godzilla Limousine and ordering his crew to capture every righteous person on the loose. Saved by the skin of my teeth, I evaded their flamethrower by cartwheeling into a mysterious bush but fell into a hole. By the time I hit ground I saw before me a streak of light, and besides me was an arrow pointing towards it, "escape this way". Right before I entered the blinding doorway, I heard a call. I thought it was a Cheshire Cat.

And it was... FaustWolf appearing on a tree branch. Despite his awesome name "Faust" and "Wolf" written on his collar, one would expect him to be a Demon-Wolf-Who-Invoked-Mephistopheles-To-Grant-Him-Superpowers. Instead, FaustWolf was actually a talking puppy:

"Wait, Tushantin!" FW cautioned with his puppy-dog eyes. "There be monsters in there!"

"What kind of monsters?" I asked.

"Insane! If you wish to go inside, then take a look at this article I found on Google Books. Now wear that article as a turban."

And with that, we opened the shiny door and stepped into Wonderland. The first thing I saw was Bard_of_Time playing by the flowers. He looked like a Chibi teddy bear in RD Serge's outfit, with his glassy eyes and adorable wide smile admiring anything and everything around him, while he chased butterflies like a baby. Then soon enough, Boo approached -- a black, adorable baby boogie-monster who often gets cuddled by any pedestrian -- serenading his wife and playing with six little boogie-babies who proceeded to play with Bard_of_Time.

"Let's boogieh!" Boo, The Boogie-Man Caller, announced.

"Aww, how can such an adorable place be insane?" I asked.

"I know you're used to hard life, Tushantin," Faust said, wagging his tail. "What with dodging flamethrowers and fist-fighting gorillas! But I thought I'd offer a better perspective: This place is... strange. You can go wherever you want, do whatever you do, but you'll meet some bouts here and there. And the cliff. Do not approach that cliff!"

"Why not?"

FaustWolf then pointed towards the cliff; there stood a shirtless Akuma with a "Z" scratched on his chest, his eyes staring into the sunset, while he stood motionless. Before I could ask what would happen if I approached, a fly zipped towards the guy and sat on his nose. He scratched the nose. The fly flew. And he obliterated the fly with Kamehameha. And I froze in horror.

"That's ZeaLitY," FaustWolf said. "He likes to stare into the fire. And dream. Nothing dares to stop him from dreaming."

After that, we walked around the bit and took in the environs. At a nearby tree sat a man: Lord J Esq, reading to his heart's content. Reading. A freakin dictionary. That was until an RL friend of mine, Hussain, came up to him and poked fun at him.

"What is this?" Hussain said ridiculously. "This is boring! Where are the pictures in this book?"

Josh, ever so calm, simply walked over to Napoleon and sat to play chess with him. Just as he was about to make his move, another friend of mine appeared before him (this time, Amol), who kept nagging at him again. Poor guy just couldn't catch a break.

"What sort of a game is this? Don't you know soccer? Hey, you chose White! Are you racist? Holy shit, you just --"

Before the weirdos caused any more trouble, I grabbed Amol and Hussain by the ear and took them away, asking them to shut up. What's worse is that Amol actually charged me to keep his mouth off! While turning away I caught a glimpse of MrBekkler, wearing a smiley mask and hat, chasing Yogi Bear around for stealing his sandwich. Just beyond the view I saw...

...perhaps the sweetest of the characters in Wonderland: RushingWind. She walked around, always smiling, but her hair seemed to fall off and regrow (in different colors and style) every 15 minutes. She said it was convenient this way since she could try new hair-dos quickly; and she looked great in every one of those. We sat under a tree and I asked stuff about her, and she proceeded into a huge monologue about where she came from, where her house came from, where all the creatures came from, where the world came from, how the universe began, what's the secret of life, why is the sky blue, etc. While I listened thoughtfully at her, a TARDIS crashed just besides us. My attention wavered, but RW seemed to have a lot more to say. The TARDIS door was kicked open by a man inside -- none other than Thought wearing David Tennent's geek glasses -- who ran all the way across to us screaming, "Make way! Time Lord coming through!" and he picked RushingWind up in his arms and rushed back in his TARDIS. "SHE KNOWS TOO MUCH!"

I blinked, trying to comprehend what just happened. Then FaustWolf put a small TV on where Thought Doctor and his companion RushingWind were engaged in a final battle against the Time Lord's arch-enemy -- The Land Lord! Apparently, Sajainta and her boyfriend Dee enjoyed the show (not knowing it was a real deal), as they sat on the sofa with a popcorn.

"Look!" Saj pointed at the TV. "The Daleks are pointing a giant laser on earth!"

I saw up at the sky. A giant laser was being pointed at us. Holy shit!

"Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiii--" Shee, the comedian chicken, stood besides me and exclaimed his unending surprise.

Before I could run anywhere, I saw one of my ex-girlfriends talking to Syna. I gulped, thinking what to do, then looked at FaustWolf for help. Unfortunately, Faust the puppy was locked into a staring contest with Alfadorredux, the purple cat.

I decided to take matters into my own hands and ran for the girls, grabbed Syna's hand and implored her to come with me. She asked me what was so urgent, I told her I'd tell her when we get there. We ran to the library, I left her in there, then I ran back to my ex-girlfriend, and faced her. She smiled smugly at me. Instead of returning the smile, I tied her to balloon and set her off towards the sky. Suddenly, her voices crackled like a demon's and she began shooting fire bolts towards me. I ran for my life, towards the library and fell to the floor, exhausted. Syna then looked at me in disbelief and poked me with a stick, awaiting my explanation. I explained that I was still inflicted by the curse of the League of Evil Exes.

"Oh, dear!" Syna exclaimed. "I honestly think you ought to wear this Kilt for spell preservation. Shush! Just wear it. Now wear this robe -- yes, the clown robe -- then take the scissors and cut of one of your sleeves. Stick that pencil up your nose. Okay, now take this article and wear it like a hat."

"What!" I protested. "You too?!"

"Shush! Okay, almost there," then with a little patience, she drew on my face with a permanent marker. "There we go! Now, quick, jump off that cliff!"

"...b-but..."

She batted her eyes cutely, hoping I'd agree. Feeling forced, I gulped and ran for the cliff. I had no idea how a cliff existed in a goddamned library, but it was there! Clear as day! Reaching the cliff, I saw another cliff below a cliff (Cliffception) where ZeaLitY stood, dreaming into the sun. I looked back at Syna, and asked if she was sure about this.

"I dunno!" She called back, but gave me a thumbs up.

I took a gulp and decided to jump, but bloody Yogi Bear pushed me so hard I fell into the ocean. I woke up to find myself sailing with the famous Captain Nemo, and FaustWolf seemed to have saved me from drowning. On our voyage, we saw many things, and battled many enemies. I even succeeded in defeating the entire League of Evil Ex-Girlfriends-And-Their-Current-Boyfriends (Syna's spells worked!). The dream was long, but when we reached the beach, FaustWolf bought me dog biscuit... and I cried. He thought I was being home-sick (I was actually crying about the horrible luck I keep having), and he said:

"Tushantin, out here anything goes. But even you are aware that there's no place like home."

"Oh, hell yes, there is!" Someone called.

It was my cousin -- my Australian cousin -- who stopped by in his beach outfit and sunglasses, and handed me and FaustWolf tickets to Australia before saluting and surfing back into the sunset.

While the dream was actually longer than this, I only made an effort to portray characters and circumstances that the Compendium can relate to. There are two things I learned from this dream:

1) Love hurts.  :cry:
2) I WANNA GO BACK IN THERE!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 12:44:04 am »
I was creepy.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:29 am »
LOL that was interesting tushantin.

I seem to have lost the ability to dream.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2011, 04:32:47 am »
I need to actually get around to watching Dr. Who. I don't know if getting kidnapped by the Doctor is a good or bad thing!

Also: Monologues are something of a given with me, so you're dream was dead on. :) I'm quiet for the first few times I'm hanging out with someone (little bit of shyness, I guess), then anything and everything becomes fair game (especially concerning stuff like where the universe came from). ^_^

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2011, 05:47:46 am »
I need to actually get around to watching Dr. Who. I don't know if getting kidnapped by the Doctor is a good or bad thing!

It is most definitely a good thing!

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2011, 09:22:01 am »
But...but...I'm not really at all prone to staring contests, avatar notwithstanding (and I think my ava looks pretty good...for something drawn with a mouse in under an hour. )

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 09:27:51 am »
Wow, you drew that?  With a mouse?  Under an hour?  You're really talented!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2011, 10:34:54 am »
I enjoyed my cameo.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2011, 10:52:54 am »
Wow, you drew that?  With a mouse?  Under an hour?  You're really talented!

I can't be 100% precise about the time (after all, this was a while ago), but I know I didn't have a heck of a lot of time to spend on it. I think I started by outlining in Inkscape, then took it into the GIMP for shading. (I also chose the slice of the cat's face I was going to tackle with some amount of care--if I'd included the mouth and chin, it would have been a lot harder to get right.) I definitely did use a mouse, though, since I didn't buy my tablet until about a year ago, and I've been on here longer than that.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2011, 11:26:12 am »
I was creepy.
XDDD Nah, you were adorable.

I seem to have lost the ability to dream.
Whut? How? o___o

Also: Monologues are something of a given with me, so you're dream was dead on. :) I'm quiet for the first few times I'm hanging out with someone (little bit of shyness, I guess), then anything and everything becomes fair game (especially concerning stuff like where the universe came from). ^_^
Hah, how about we have one on a cup of coffee?  8)

I enjoyed my cameo.
Ah, I forgot to mention that you were actually "undercover" and appeared more in "real-life land" than "Wonderland", and were stalking in the shadows, collecting evidence against Mr Corrupt. The reason I was being chased by the guy was because you jumped off the building and escaped in a helicopter, leaving me the soul witness of crime committed by "The Bicycles".

But...but...I'm not really at all prone to staring contests, avatar notwithstanding (and I think my ava looks pretty good...for something drawn with a mouse in under an hour. )
Oh, yeah? Check the attachment.  :P

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2011, 12:25:18 pm »
So FW is taller than I am? ;P

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »
So FW is taller than I am? ;P

Take into consideration that you're slouching while he's straightened up on his front legs, so for all we know you could be a lot taller than he is.  ;)