Author Topic: Anyway how to get to the Max level ( With no mods ) on Chrono Trigger?  (Read 2411 times)

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
Is there? its pretty hard, i ended the game 15 times and the only thing i achieved is being level 77

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Anyway how to get to the Max level ( With no mods ) on Chrono Trigger?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 02:23:53 am »
Actually it is quite boring to reach level **, your HP/MP is already 999/99 isn't it?

You can try the conveyer in Geno Dome, it'll save you a lot of time to enter-exit battles.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:24:57 am »
Are you using New Game + ?  One of my current projects is continually using New Game + until I get ** level.

The Mountain of Woe and the conveyor belt on Robo's side quest are good places to get HP.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 02:26:36 am »
Actually it is quite boring to reach level **, your HP/MP is already 999/99 isn't it?

True, but I want to get there anyway.  Just another small challenge.  =)

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 02:42:30 pm »
From what I can remember I got to level 99 on my first play-through just killing various creatures in the DS version. All I did a grind on the Nu in 600 AD for my techs while taking my time in certain areas killing other creatures. Getting to level that isn't to hard just a bit time consuming, but if you played the game enough you will find ways to make it quicker. Like having certain equipment that helps speed it along or making it easier like gold studs and such. You could also use the Arena of Ages if you have the DS versions to gather capsules to boost your magic, speed, and strength. While you are doing that you would also might find some decent equipment from there.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 05:46:24 pm »
I find that the elevator in the ocean palace is great for grinding. you can keep going down indefinitely.. in fact, you should take it back up at least once to get a tab.

when I challenged myself to beat ocean palace lavos in a regular new game, I used the elevator to grind from the 30s to level 50, after which I pulled it off.

idioticidioms

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 05:57:55 pm »
Really, hitting the level cap in any game comes down to grinding it out the old fashioned way, by killing lots of creatures over and over and over.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 10:56:21 am »
when i get Crono back i go and up my levels at death peek... and then... when i reached at L90 i begin do these sideguest ,
begin at Lost Santcum... 

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 01:37:02 pm »

You can try the conveyer in Geno Dome, it'll save you a lot of time to enter-exit battles.
Yes indeed i got 999 HP and MP.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:27 pm »
when i get Crono back i go and up my levels at death peek... and then... when i reached at L90 i begin do these sideguest ,
begin at Lost Santcum... 

From what I can remember I got to level 99 on my first play-through just killing various creatures in the DS version. All I did a grind on the Nu in 600 AD for my techs while taking my time in certain areas killing other creatures. Getting to level that isn't to hard just a bit time consuming, but if you played the game enough you will find ways to make it quicker. Like having certain equipment that helps speed it along or making it easier like gold studs and such. You could also use the Arena of Ages if you have the DS versions to gather capsules to boost your magic, speed, and strength. While you are doing that you would also might find some decent equipment from there.

I do not got DS Sadly, i might try out the DS version some day.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 01:41:29 pm »
Are you using New Game + ?  One of my current projects is continually using New Game + until I get ** level.

The Mountain of Woe and the conveyor belt on Robo's side quest are good places to get HP.
Yes i did use a New Game+ i got to level 77 so far i did a new game+ 15 times without no cheats, Right now i am a level 20 - 23 on my another CT rom, hopefully i get to level 99 on it.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:11 pm »
I find that the elevator in the ocean palace is great for grinding. you can keep going down indefinitely.. in fact, you should take it back up at least once to get a tab.

when I challenged myself to beat ocean palace lavos in a regular new game, I used the elevator to grind from the 30s to level 50, after which I pulled it off.
Yes i agree on that one, but probaly the best place to fight ( i just remebered it ) is the 6 nu's in the Secret Lab, i think they give around 90 or more Tech points, i am not sure on the Exp, but thats all i know,

idioticidioms

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:19 pm »
You do know that you can do multiple quotes in one post, right? Doubleposting and more is typically frowned upon.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 06:49:44 am »
You do know that you can do multiple quotes in one post, right? Doubleposting and more is typically frowned upon.

Yeah, but i just am too lazy to make 2 more tabs to copy and paste them

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 09:26:48 am »
well... my party is L** even before Black Omen...

... what i left do one game sometime... but anyway... i try will next weekend to begin it... and these vortex...

Well... One game i hawe ( AT LEVEL 3 MONSTER at these rares rthinks, one other even L1... sou (Level? i meen tie) they cams randomoly...
sometimes it giwen if  win Mirror/Capsule or about 2000 gp sell item... or only Mop!! )