Author Topic: Random Question  (Read 1283 times)

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Random Question
« on: April 19, 2010, 06:49:22 pm »
How old is Lynx? The game doesn't make it that clear how old he is.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Random Question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 07:06:00 pm »
Well, chronologically, that would be 10 years old, around the time Wazuki was completely gone and Lynx took over.

Now, physically... well, that would be around Wazuki's age then... but I have no idea. Possibly in his 30's or even 40's (unless Lynx as it is now can't physically age) or so.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 07:54:44 pm »
Given that Serge is seventeen when the game takes place, Lynx is unlikely to be less than thirty-five. The dialogue portrait used for Wazuki during the Chronopolis flashback looks more like a picture of a thirty-year-old than a twenty-year-old, though, which suggests that Lynx is more likely to be in his mid-forties, possibly even fifty, but probably not much older than that. (That's assuming, as Acacia Sgt says, that he ages normally.)

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 11:56:46 pm »
Yeah, I thought he would be in his thirties. If Wazuki married Marge when he was twenty, then he would be thirty seven when Serge turned seventeen. It makes more sense.
I have another question though. I have noticed that everyone refers to Lynx as FATE. That doesn't make any sense since Lynx is just an emissary of FATE, meaning that he is just an agent. The two are separate entities right? :(
In another word, Lynx is just an underling for FATE right?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 12:30:15 am »
They do are the same being:

Quote from: Lynx, in Chronopolis
I am the human
   incarnation of FATE...
   The living interface
   of the FATE computer
   system...
   Or put simply...
   I, too, am FATE!

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 01:26:00 am »
That doesn't make sense, does that mean that Lynx is a machine? 
According to FATE's biography it basically states that it orders Lynx around to do its bidding. Eventually, Lynx becomes a vessel for FATE. Lynx states that quote just before he transforms into FATE, so I guess that he is hinting that he is about to become a vessel.
I always thought that FATE just had absolute control over Lynx/Wazuki.
I really hate how Lynx was developed as a character.... :(

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 01:31:41 am »
Well, only if you agree that consciousness can be transfered(that means FATE moved into Lynx's body) or expanded(that means Lynx is part of FATE).

But the fact that you killed Lynx you also killed FATE doesn't make much sense to either(what if you killed him in Viper Manor or Fort Dragonia, for example?)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:33:42 am by utunnels »

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 01:34:27 am »
Well it does. If Lynx eventually became a vessel, then he and FATE would be the same being, thus resulting in both the death of Lynx and FATE. :(
Killing him at any of the other parts in the game (Fort Dragonia and Viper Manor) means that FATE would have no more agent.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:37:34 am by Toan »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 01:52:52 am »
Wasn't Lynx just using a Shadow Cat disguised as himself during those fights? As for Home Fort Dragonia, well, he was shown very hurt he had to escape.

But yeah, it does gets a little confusing to understand it...

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 02:08:04 am »
No that was only at Viper Manor. It was an illusion that would trick Kid into thinking it was him. Lynx was himself after the Shadow Cat disguise incident.
I agree, his development is very confusing and kind of sad. I really like Chrono Cross, but there is a serious lack of character development and the storyline is extremely tragic.

I wish that Lynx and other characters were a bit more Dynamic in their character developments. :(