Author Topic: Dalton's Magical Abilities FINALLY figured out... I think  (Read 2769 times)

Daniel Krispin

Dalton's Magical Abilities FINALLY figured out... I think
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 06:24:15 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
He didnt resummon it. You fight the golem boss in the lower left wing of the blackbird. Dalton didnt know that you fought and drove it away. So dalton was sucked into the portal (which is most likely a gate)

Impossible, that would mean he had the magical power to time travel that would make him REALLY powerful.

Not neccessarially. It could perhaps be that the fall of the golem created an unforseen temporal instability, forming a gate into which Dalton fell. Thus while the magic that formed the gate is inherently his, it is not a purposed effect, nor one that he would have control of.

However, I have always thought that the gate was rather the portal to and from wherever the golem is summoned from, or else a certain non-space from which things can formed. Whichever is the case, the defeat of the mighty golem served to create a sort of counter-summon where, rather than drawing a creature from that realm into this, it drew from this into that - the flow-force of the summon spell was effectively turned backward upon its master, reversing it. Wherever he went, I don't think he would have survived, though.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 09:21:15 pm »
Yes, as I recall all of the Golems are summoned from black 'gates' (if you must) or holes in reality or whatever...Gates into whatever Summoned world there is where all of the Summoned creatures come from (perhaps the same place that the CC Elemental Summons come from even). They didn't seem like any of the Temporal gates seen previously.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 02:34:26 pm »
The only gates they looked like were the gates that Lavos made to teleport the guru's and Janus, if Lavos made them at all.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 12:57:48 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
The only gates they looked like were the gates that Lavos made to teleport the guru's and Janus, if Lavos made them at all.

I believe the Lavos Spawn in the Ocean Palace (or was it the Black Omen?) appeared from a same kind of portal.

Maybe the Tubster monsters too, I'm not sure.

The Aliens inside the Black Omen are able to cast Black Holes (which are rainbow-colored, not black like Magus' spell), so perhaps Dalton studied their ability or something.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 04:18:29 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: SilentMartyr

I believe the Lavos Spawn in the Ocean Palace (or was it the Black Omen?) appeared from a same kind of portal.

Maybe the Tubster monsters too, I'm not sure.

The Aliens inside the Black Omen are able to cast Black Holes (which are rainbow-colored, not black like Magus' spell), so perhaps Dalton studied their ability or something.

The Tubsters were summoned by that spinning yellow triangle. The Spawn does come the same way, the question is did the Queen or Lavos perform that summon?