Author Topic: Chrono Alter Release - Download Inside!  (Read 28585 times)

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Alter Release - Download Inside!
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2010, 09:18:12 am »
[Back on topic:    I get the impression that I can't play RPGMaker games on Mac... is there any sort of emulator program that I can use, or do I need Windows on hand?  Surely we've got other Mac users here who are literate in such things.   

I haven't actually downloaded the game yet, but RPGMaker is a Windows-only program, so I'd assume the game is a Windows-only executable. There are three ways that you can go about running Windows executables on a non-Windows machine, none of them ideal:

1. Use WINE, which is a Windows compatibility layer...but Lance's game may not run on it (most versions of RPGMaker itself--not created games--are marked as "Silver" in WINE's application database, meaning that they kinda-sorta-maybe-almost work, and the games thus created may have the same problem). And there's the additional problem that installing WINE on a Mac is more complicated than installing it on a Linux system like mine--it has a number of dependencies. Fink may be of some help in this regard, if you want to try this route.

2. Install Windows inside a virtualization program such as VirtualBox. You need an actual Windows install disc for this.

3. If you have an Intel Mac, set up a Windows dual-boot--this gives you maximum compatibility at the cost of maximum inconvenience. I don't know the exact procedure--plug Mac "boot camp" into Google and see what information it gives you.

If all this scares you, wait a few days and I'll see if I can make the time to download the thing and tweak WINE into loading it.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2010, 12:24:28 pm »
[Back on topic:    I get the impression that I can't play RPGMaker games on Mac... is there any sort of emulator program that I can use, or do I need Windows on hand?  Surely we've got other Mac users here who are literate in such things.   

I haven't actually downloaded the game yet, but RPGMaker is a Windows-only program, so I'd assume the game is a Windows-only executable. There are three ways that you can go about running Windows executables on a non-Windows machine, none of them ideal:

3. If you have an Intel Mac, set up a Windows dual-boot--this gives you maximum compatibility at the cost of maximum inconvenience. I don't know the exact procedure--plug Mac "boot camp" into Google and see what information it gives you.

Many thanks!  I'll give this a shot.  :D

Crono as Glenn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2010, 01:54:01 pm »
hey um anyone know where the 3 weapons are after you get the Epoch I'm missed one area

the Cave, Midgard (the raining city) and somewhere else

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2010, 02:05:03 pm »

Couldn't get it from the RPG-Maker site, but got it from the Megaupload site.

Can't wait to play it and critique it.

Update: I'm surprised that Squeenix hasn't slammed us yet.  I mean, you ARE borrowing their characters, aren't you?  Not so much the tilesets or the majority of the Tech animations, but you are definitely doing some borrowing here.

Crono as Glenn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2010, 02:40:04 pm »
when ever I use haste it says missed...

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2010, 02:41:00 pm »
This looks cool, I will be playing it for sure! A question though, is there any way at all to have this NOT default to full screen? I have a dual monitor setup, and when I run the game, it causes all the icons on my left monitor to get shoved up along the top of my monitor, and it is really quite irritating. Any ideas?
F4 switches it from fullscreen, F5 selects resolution.

I know about that, my issue is that it DEFAULTS to full screen, so every time I start the game, it is full screen. Yes I can set it to windowed, but the damage is already done, and my icons are already shoved into the corner. I want to know if there is a way to have the game start already windowed, not full screen.

EDIT: From what I have read on this, the game maker can choose what the default is. Any chance you can just uncheck that full screen option and reupload the game?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:49:05 pm by DK_Donutlicious »

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2010, 03:01:53 pm »
... PROBLEM

Ok I defeated Fargo today (Tough bastard), but Frog was the only one living. I proceed to go to the town so I can rest up and then frog leaves my party to get cider... I get the gameover screen. I think it's because my two other characters are dead.

Anyway, that sucks rather hard lol.

As of right now I am rating the game a 7/10 as of what I have played so far (And I am ignoring that bug/whatever you wanna call it).

I will give a full review upon completion.

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:00 pm »
This looks cool, I will be playing it for sure! A question though, is there any way at all to have this NOT default to full screen? I have a dual monitor setup, and when I run the game, it causes all the icons on my left monitor to get shoved up along the top of my monitor, and it is really quite irritating. Any ideas?

I know about that, my issue is that it DEFAULTS to full screen, so every time I start the game, it is full screen. Yes I can set it to windowed, but the damage is already done, and my icons are already shoved into the corner. I want to know if there is a way to have the game start already windowed, not full screen.

EDIT: From what I have read on this, the game maker can choose what the default is. Any chance you can just uncheck that full screen option and reupload the game?
That would take two hours at minimum. I'm out of town this weekend. Sorry. IF you can get a copy of RM2k3, you can open the game and change it yourself.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »
hey um anyone know where the 3 weapons are after you get the Epoch I'm missed one area

the Cave, Midgard (the raining city) and somewhere else
The village with the elder that was sick. The tombstones.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »
I'll download it, but first; isn't anyone getting that weird Congratulations pop up once you click regular download?

Dinos

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »

I run dual screen myself, and as long as you quit the game normally and don't alt tab out or anything like that your icons will go back to their normal spot.  I'm on Win7 though, dunno if that makes a difference or not. 

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2010, 11:21:27 pm »
So far I have just reached Red Moon Village (I think that's what it is called)

As of right now I have a few problems with the game, opinion wise, but it's a good game in it's own right as of now.

Dinos

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2010, 02:51:13 am »
Found a NICE grinding area if it's needed, when you get to the red moon village on the way to get the swords in that cave, in the first room go up and left to that doorway with the reptite that starts a fight with 5 of them.  Equip crono with the magic pendant, hit auto battle, he will use lightning 2 and kill them all in one hit.  Go in the door then come back out.  Use an ether once you're out of magic.  If you're quick enough you can do 4 battles per minute, which comes out to 10,800EXP per minute.  Before I realized it I had accidently gained 10 levels  :roll:

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2010, 03:36:42 pm »
So far I have just reached Red Moon Village (I think that's what it is called)

As of right now I have a few problems with the game, opinion wise, but it's a good game in it's own right as of now.
Send'em to me via PM. I'd love here what you have to say so I can improve CT3.

BearFrog

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2010, 04:12:48 pm »
So, I downloaded this thing the other day, and there was music for the title screen and stuff, but there wasn't any music during the opening scene, or when Lavos took the princess to another castle, or when Crono woke up in that inn, or when I got to the world map. Was that an artistic choice or a bug?