Author Topic: Fuck Suicide  (Read 1825 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Suicide
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 12:27:54 am »
My best friend committed suicide years ago. For a while it was tough, it didn't help that one of the reasons why he did it, his ex's father, kept bothering the rest of us.

I think suicide is a awful way to go, but I can't call him a coward. Sometimes, people just bend you until you break. It can't be helped.

And for others who have had someone close to them commit suicide. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. Honestly, there probably was little you could do to help them. Don't beat yourself up over it. Eventually, you'll get over it.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 12:47:45 am »
Wow, nightmare.  :(  I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  Major kudos to you for getting through that with such maturity.  Your last paragraph is so true.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 01:26:01 am »
I’m going to go against the majority attitude in this thread.

The kind of attitude many people take towards suicide—that it’s cowardly or selfish or an indication of weakness—is an often despicable one.

When somebody commits or attempts suicide, it’s because they have problems in circumstance or character—they find themselves forced into unbearable and unreasonable circumstances or they are unreasonable themselves. In both cases, this usually indicates a failing of society or others, in terms of the circumstances afforded the person by society or others being untenable or because the person was raised or treated in such a way that they became problematic themselves. Rarer is that someone has an inherent flaw that makes them incompatible with life altogether, even if help is given to them. In both cases, attacking the suicidal person is simply a cruel exercise in blaming the victim.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 07:57:23 pm »
I can give you the background of my friend.
Their life was fine. Good job, good friends, everyone who knew him liked him, he had plenty of things going on for him, his life was just fine.

And if you're forced into an unfair situation either you push through and fight it against the odds, or you start to play unfair yourself. It isn't weakness, not saying that. But I do say it's cowardly. Running from your issues. When it's suicide, you're all responsible for the death(hence why it's suicide). There isn't anyone to put the blame upon bu the person themselves for their own actions.
YOU have the choice in your life. Far too often people simply think they have to abide by certain ways. When they can't, this happens. And it's not a legit excuse at all that your life was hard, unbearable, etc. You can easily keep going on. When you're faced with a problem, and every angle looks like it's absolutely impossible, does that mean you should give up?
Saying yes is suicide.
Saying no is pushing on.
When life gets tough, when life faces you with it's strongest difficulties, does that mean you should give up? Or should you take into account everything you DO have and just aren't bothering to use because you have too much damn pride to accept assistance or you just can't bear to push yourself further even if the pain seems absolutely unbearable.
I can tell you as a true life experience, imagine being in your early teens, like 13 years old. Get beat up every day, starve, you were just stabbed. No one likes you, you have no assistance, no friends, everyday is life and death. This was me...well, let's just say many years ago. Very situation. I could have given up. Killed myself, which I considered, I know what the suicidal side is like. But as you already read I decided, fuck that. I kept going.
Majority of the people as bad s their lives are, nowhere near that level, and have many sources they can use. They just don't, why? Because while pride is good to keep yourself going, instead people use it to do things on their own and then they can't dare admit when they're on edge, wanna kill themselves and they need serious help. And so when they can't admit they need the assistance they go through with it sometimes.

I'm done for now, need to vent.