Author Topic: The Compendium Is Complete  (Read 5728 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: The Compendium Is Complete
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 08:45:23 pm »
Hmmm! That's an interesting take on what happened. All this time I figured Magus had the ability to destroy his own memory; provided that the physical structure of the brain is what stores memory, I figured earlier that wiping his memories couldn't be any more difficult than making his ears pointy.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 09:04:44 pm »
Taking liberties, you could say that there is some spell to wipe memories, just like there's one to change a human into a frog. It might not be the physical structure of the brain so much as proteins or electrical impulses in the brain (I have not studied this in depth and I have no sources), though magic seems like it would influence matter and energy on a molecular level. Assuming some mutation allows mages/wizards to control elements and atoms like that, it's very possible that an unskilled magician could accidentally screw up his own mind (scientist handling radioactive materials screws up and exposes himself to radiation; untrained demolition worker wires a bomb wrong and blows himself up).

And now we're just getting off topic. Maybe this should go into Analysis :lol:
GREAT JOB Z!

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 07:59:01 am »
Technically, Magus used the Dream Devourer to erase his identity. It was still his own intent. He didn't so much surrender as he did just throw himself at the beast. It's like the difference between getting run over by a truck because you couldn't cross the street in time, and throwing yourself in front of a truck because you want to be run over.

Magus wasn't getting in front of the truck with the intention to get run over, he was "OH YEAH MOTHERFUCKING TRUCK I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS", and then he realized he was powerless, so he just ended saying "OH K PWNED =/, NEXT TIME I'LL GET YOU, FUCKING TRUCK."

He clearly didn't realize he was powerless until Schala told him, I'm sure that had it been Magus' choice, he would have gotten Schala outta there and killed Lavos.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 02:46:24 pm »
You missed the part where Schala tried to teleport him to safety. I guess I'll have to play it again to get the exact details, but I know that Schala tried to send him away without his getting hurt.

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 07:08:11 pm »
Hmm true =x that does make me doubt...

*watches cutscene again*

Eclipse Magus: A new foe has arisen here, in this endless expanse that is Time's Eclipse. It feasts upon thoughts, dreams, and memories. Do not think to meddle here. This enemy is my affair.

This line makes me think that Magus was trying to fight a memory-eating monster. The result to lose a fight against a memory-eating monster is, well...

Schala did seem to teleport him back to safety, and Magus could have very well erased his own memories... but there's no hint to a memory-deleting spell, while there is a hint for a memory-eating monster which Magus was just in front of =X even if said monster was still good enough to just let him go away.

Lorenz

• Bounty Seeker
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • You can't spell "PIMP" without "P-I-P."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 01:22:24 am »
How fitting that this debate is being carried on by someone with a Glenn picture arguing that Magus got stomped and someone with a Magus picture arguing that everything went according to ol' Janus' plan.   :P