Author Topic: The Compendium Is Complete  (Read 5727 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The Compendium Is Complete
« on: October 07, 2009, 08:21:22 pm »
Well, finally! This stuff should have been done eons ago, but at last, the analysis review is finished and the Chrono Trigger DS content and analysis has been added to the encyclopedia properly. SO GET FIRED UP YOU BASTARDS!! The Compendium's recovered from the troublesome times and is ready to enter the next phase. Google trends results show that searches for Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are both in decline, and are almost hitting the valley decline they had reached before Chrono Trigger DS was announced. But the Compendium will continue! Past the break you'll find our new event schedule and more information. And we've got Chrono Cross's 10th birthday coming up in November (for the Japanese release, of course!) and I'll try to get Cross on Wikipedia's main page to commemorate. SO LET'S GET STARTED

First, let's clear up how the collaborative events will go from now on.  [EVENTS]  [March, April, May] - Spring's Gift - Fan art contest! The winner is the Artist of Termina. [June, July, August] - Dream Splash! Summer's Cry - A site-wide creative celebration focused on a single, expansive theme! [September, October, November] - Autumn's Fate - Remixing contest! Since the Chrono catalogue is so heavily remixed, more points go to more obscure source songs! Winner is the Bard of Regiorra. [December, January, February] - Winter's Fragments - Fanfiction contest! Entries are judged on quality, theme, and closeness to recreating the Chrono feel. We take full advantage of the holiday season to compose works here. Winner will be the Poet of El Nido. And there we go!  [BOUNTY SYSTEM]  Check out the Great To-Do List forum, and you'll see that a bounty system has been launched to incentivize contributions. It's not much, and it probably won't help a great deal either, but there you go!

Second, let's get some site things out of the way!  [1]  CT DS stuff is totally added to the encyclopedia, along with analysis from the CT DS forum review. Pages updated from the forum and analysis review include: Magus (Guilde identity), Fates of the Chrono Trigger Team (overwhelming force note), Chrono Trigger DS Canonicity  [2]  Until we get a full dump of all the DS scripts and assemble it into a spreadsheet, you can use these dumps for finding things: NA (English, French) - JP (English, Japanese) ]  [3]  utunnels recently found an interesting Japanese Chrono Trigger site with very detailed maps; check it out here.  [4]  I left a ton of links up there to music that helped me update the site, so have fun!

Now, some project news!  [1]  TheMage has found a new RPGMakerXP project named Chrono Break. Check it out at its thread headquarters here.  [2]  GenesisOne's awesome Chrono Trigger pinball project has entered the next stage; he's drawn up schematics for it. Check them out here.

Time at last for fan stuff!  [FICTION]  The fantastic Chrono Helix has been updated; check it out! [ART]  We begin with a rare gift from The Princess: Don't lick!! For ears! Ayla go away and please don't, come back and please :(. pandor has a ton of new pictures depicting her latest figure works. Check out the Radical Dreamers! [ Frog: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 | Crono: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 | Magil: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 | Group: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 | Radical Dreamers Serge: 1 ] Next is GenesisOne with Lucca AWESUM!!. Continuing the Chrono Panda phenomenon is ONSLAUGHT with [ Come On - Marle Panda - Pandourer - Crono Battle - Crono Panda's Birthday Cake (by GenesisOne) ] Uboa continues her Magus designs with this new sketch. Mysticalpha rounds things out with another great comic; this one's called Skins.

PUUUUULAAAAAAAASUUUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:04:54 am by ZeaLitY »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: The Compendium is Complete
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:28 pm »
THIS IS THE ZETTA HOT POWER OF YOUTH!!1!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:36:13 pm »
HELL YES MY FRIEND.
HELL YES.
 :bell

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 08:37:25 pm »
WHOOOAAA, the Compendium has reached critical mass! The universe is starting to get sucked in...!!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:53:04 pm »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »
Fan-fucking-tabulous.  :D

I've been looking through the To-Do list, seeing if there's anything I can do.  I will try, to the best of my ability.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 09:07:11 pm »
Holy moly! That post is almost more links than not! Well done, Springtime of Youth Brigades, and well-done :grimm.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:03:01 pm »
The To Do List, I shall often visit, and I'll also handle things that aren't even on it and aren't necessary. It's all in the name of Chrono afterall! I'M FROM BARBADOS I KICK THIS STUFF'S ASS!

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
Re: The Compendium Is Complete
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 08:23:40 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Magus_(Guile_identity).html

At the end of Chrono Trigger DS, Magus erases his own identity and begins anew with the feeling he must search for something.

Objection. The Dream Devourer is the one who devours his memories. Magus simply gets pwned and while dream devourer is going OM NOM NOM DELICIOUS MEMORIES I MUST EATS IT, Magus simply accepts this by saying that if that's to happen, so be it. Magus never pushes the reset button on his brain. :franky

Great work!!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 10:23:26 am »
I'm pretty sure Magus had the ability to escape without being eaten. Schala was trying to teleport him to safety at the end. She did rebuff him, but she still had at least a little bit of sympathy left for her baby brother. He just decided to let his memories be eaten, since he had no other reason to keep living.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 04:26:50 pm »
D= Dang you forgot my artwork again... Jah nevermind you've been hella busy these days.  :lol:

Helluva nice updates! Those new CTDS info look pretty intriguing.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 04:56:24 pm »
D= Dang you forgot my artwork again... Jah nevermind you've been hella busy these days.  :lol:

Helluva nice updates! Those new CTDS info look pretty intriguing.

Ah, sorry, but we usually avoid posting any art with that massive DeviantArt watermark all over it. It kind of destroys the ability of the art to be appreciated.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 05:45:18 pm »
Ah, no problem then, and sorry about that. Once I release the project officially, I'll hand over all the artworks, cutscenes and sprites to the Compendium. Nowhere else would be safer.  :lee:

radicalblues

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 08:24:43 pm »
I'm pretty sure Magus had the ability to escape without being eaten [...]

Doesn't change the fact that the Dream Devourer did it, not Magus. =X
I think that Magus simply surrendered. But only because he knew that by surrendering at that battle, be might have a chance of winning the war.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »
Technically, Magus used the Dream Devourer to erase his identity. It was still his own intent. He didn't so much surrender as he did just throw himself at the beast. It's like the difference between getting run over by a truck because you couldn't cross the street in time, and throwing yourself in front of a truck because you want to be run over.