Author Topic: [DS Version] CHRONO TRIGGER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK  (Read 5927 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: [DS Version] CHRONO TRIGGER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 02:41:22 am »
Ooh! Ooh! A new Guru! Let us celebrate by ringing...the SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH BELL

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 02:45:35 am »
I'm scarred. For life.

On other notes, has any japanese-speaking compendiumites checked the text file that Pan attached? We could use some help if you see anything wrong. Knowing the real meaning of some song titles is pretty interesting, even though Secret of the Forest is a lie ;_;...

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 02:50:35 am »
OH.MY.GOD, THAT PICTURE.... XDDDD you've just made my day <3

Thank you both :D

On other notes, has any japanese-speaking compendiumites checked the text file that Pan attached? We could use some help if you see anything wrong. Knowing the real meaning of some song titles is pretty interesting, even though Secret of the Forest is a lie ;_;...

THIS. Please, I'd love if anyone who has a higher Japanese level to confirm that. I'm 100% sure of the romaji, but not of the English, especially because of grammatical stuff from both languages.

@ ZeaLitY: I was planning to turn that pic into an emoticon and spam him over MSN, but that's better XDD

:bell

HELL YEAH MOTHERFXXXER
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:57:43 am by Radical Pan »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 02:51:13 am »
Ooh! Ooh! A new Guru! Let us celebrate by ringing...the SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH BELL

Haha, that was a ray of sunshine in this thread!

You can use the code : b e l l (without the spaces) to trigger that now:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 03:08:49 am »
YEESSSS.

utunnels should know Japanese. I need to get in touch with Glitterberri for something else, so maybe we can pass this by the big G too. Radical Pan, there's now a regular Word doc file attached to your first post here as well, just in case anyone was having trouble with the .docx format.

But really, this post was just made to give me an excuse to use the bell smiley.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:18:35 am by FaustWolf »

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 03:39:29 am »
Thanks Faust.  :kamina

I originally intended to put a .doc file as well, but the tables were horribly deformed. Yes, I tried fixing them... it ended up worse D: I prefer doing that stuff on Illustrator, but not everybody would be able to edit and copy-paste it and all that.

Alrighty, off to bed, that track 22 and I have a date tomorrow morning.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 04:24:41 am »
I'll go ahead and add the romaji names to all the Chrono Trigger song pages in the encyclopedia, and host the word document as a download on the Music (Chrono Trigger) page.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 05:13:20 pm »
I'll go ahead and add the romaji names to all the Chrono Trigger song pages in the encyclopedia, and host the word document as a download on the Music (Chrono Trigger) page.
Sweet! Thanks.

Btw, you forgot to add the last syllable to this one:
"Original Japanese: やすらぎの日々 / Yasuragi no Hi"

It would be Yasuragi no Hibi.

Also, I noticed you corrected some of the English titles with mine, thank you, but I want to highlight this one on particular:
87. Time To Rest -After the Battle
It's funny, because the whole "after the battle" was completely invented, in the Japanese title says やすらぎ ~想いを超えて~, Yasuragi ~Omoi o Koete~. Yasuragi is peace/tranquility, omoi is commonly translated into feelings, and koete is from the verb koeru, which is to cross over,  to exceed and such. "Battle" or fight, would be tatakai, but I can't really see how that can fit in the context. I'll wait until someone of the retranslation teams takes a peek on my word doc, to see if I need to correct something, but I wanted to point out that thing in special.

Returning to my personal fight with track 22, I believe I won. As I said on VGMdb, the "suspicious position" on 3:04 is non-existent. I downloaded the program you mentioned before, Audacity, and didn't find anything wrong with it. So.. I'm uploading DISC 3 now, and I would have to rerip the DVD in order to make an audio rip, but I think next time I purchase something at Yahoo Auctions Japan, I'm gonna get the bonus CD with those 2 tracks that came with the DS version of the game as a bonus present. Talking about that... does anyone knows which one is more rare, the one with the black or white cover?

As soon as the upload finishes, I'll be editing and updating the first post, sorry everyone for having you waiting.

PS: ZeaLitY, thank you for last night's PM, please be sure to thank ghoul for me, but neither of those things worked >_< I still believe it has to be some kind of mastery error, or at least my copy is screwed up.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:14:51 pm by Radical Pan »

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 05:21:44 pm »
Oh nice track listings. Can't wait to hear them! Actually, haven't we all? But it's music to our ears!

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 08:31:07 pm »
Alright guys, the .rar with the links is finally back to the first post. Remember, the password is the answer to the bolded question, and you must input it using lower case.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 11:36:27 pm »
Black cover is more rare; I think it only was released through the Square Enix fan club.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 04:34:48 am »
I can't figure out what's causing that third table to mess up. Saving anything to HTML from Word produces an incredibly complicated file, so ugh...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 03:21:13 pm »
ZeaLitY, try it with this Word Doc. Something was whacked out on the third table's alignment. Although there's still a slight mismatch, it will hopefully be close to imperceptible once it's converted to a web page.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 07:13:47 pm »
Success.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 07:25:56 am »
One minor quibble: Maou should mean Devil King instead of just Devil? At least that's what I make out from the kanji. It's the only thing I can read, since I'm Chinese.