Author Topic: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)  (Read 4685 times)

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
Re: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2009, 11:03:59 pm »
Sorry that I missed out on meeting up with ya guys...

Especially since my con experience (KumoriCon) was less than grand (all sorts of weird drama and other shit happened during it, like the con security being insanely rude assholes to EVERYONE). Still had good fun, though, mostly with some close friends and my roommates (one of which is my bud Kim, who sometimes cosplays as Queen Zeal and is as hardcore a CT fan as I am).

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2009, 11:43:15 pm »
Nice pictures! As someone who is definitely non-photogenic, you have done me much justice!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2009, 01:08:46 am »
Yeah, I'm sure Radical Dreamer won't mind his pics being up here. Anyway, I think he has the best pics of us on his camera! I really want him to upload this certain picture :3. Anyway, this is the only good one I have.

I have titled this: J AND HIS Z BITCHES

We were trying to find a way to do Chrono-poses... but then failed. And then for some reason that Russian doll ended up in the picture. Whoever lives there likes Russia : D.

I hope you feel better, Lord J. I think I'm coming down with something too. And now I can't find my dangerous nose medicine *sigh*. And I can't get anymore since it was uh, pulled off the market. I slept all day today and woke up just 10 mins ago. I hope it's not the flu. I wish cold eeze worked as well as the nose medicine.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2009, 10:42:45 pm »
I am indeed the enigmatic and heroic blob in that picture. It was great meeting up with you all; thank you for the card and candy Zaichik! Zephira, that musician is named Jonathan Coultan. I saw him at the Triple Door a year ago; he's really good.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:03 pm »
^ If you're not going to post the pics you have on your computer here, would you mind sending them to me then, cause I turned out bad on the one group pic we have on Z Girl's camera :p. I think we took at least 2 pics with your camera.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2009, 03:03:08 pm »
Yeah, I can do that once I get the pictures uploaded.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2009, 10:40:17 pm »
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/09/pax-swine-flu-outbreak-soars-to-nearly-100-cases-of-h1nerd1/

XD;. I hope whatever I have is a cold because I don't want nasty flu symptoms for my birthday party in a couple days.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »
You've got H1N1 Zai, there's virtually no doubt about it; I can diagnose you all the way from Ohio because my PoliSci undergrad degree obviously conferred mad skillz upon me. Hide! Preferably in a doctor's office!

It would be kind of hilarious if they traced it all the way down to Lord J as the source index case, but more than likely there were a bunch of people already carrying the virus in attendance, since it was in Washington after all. It's scary to see how the real world and gamenerdworld can collide.

Good luck fighting this off everyone.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2009, 04:06:10 am »
One of my school-friends (an enforcer) caught it too. We went to a movie tonight and she was wearing a mask, I think she just got over it.
I guess it's a pretty high-risk convention, what with all the shared controllers and games and tight spaces. That mechanical demon horse probably wasn't all that sanitary, either. Those yellow men sure didn't have to worry about anything at least!

Occasional sneezing wouldn't happen to be one of the symptoms, would it?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2009, 04:11:24 am »
Could be, but unless it's accompanied by some kind of congestion at the very least, you've probably just got something in your nose.

I too have an enforcer friend who got sick. It's not really this bad every year: You'll notice that PAX wasn't a hotbed for colds or other contagious infections. Just swine flu. That's because we're already in the midst of a global swine flu epidemic, and there were flareups here in Washington prior to PAX. So, yeah, when that happens, it's a given, but the confluence of events to get us to that point is pretty rare.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2009, 04:48:31 am »
Yeah, it's not the nature of PAX, but the nature of cons themselves. Anytime you have a huge congregation of people in one enclosed area, there is a big chance that some bug will go around. I remember one year at AX there were a ton of people getting some kind of cold, and then at Otakon several times there was a ton of people getting some kind of bug (I think it was a bad cold). Anyway, I'm happy cause I found my happy nose medicine! I'm pretty sure what I have is the start of a cold, but I'm trying to fight it off before I get full fledged sick and I'm hoping it will work.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2010, 04:12:02 am »
PAX 2010!!

If you're going to PAX this year, and haven't bought your three-day pass yet, do it now! They're going to sell out as soon as today.

http://www.paxsite.com/paxprime/index.php
http://www.paxsite.com/paxprime/registration.php

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2010, 11:33:37 pm »
If anyone wants to do a meetup at PAX, I suggest it being on a Saturday.

Won't be able to get a badge for the con, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun hanging out in the "legal areas" of the center (where a badge isn't required). And if I am lucky enough, I might have my Janus cosplay done in time (and if not, oh well... at least I can bring my Alfador plushie).

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2010, 12:34:09 am »
Don't forget they still have passes for single days. Only the three-day passes are sold out.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2010, 09:40:54 pm »
Interesting to hear that. Still not able to get a badge, though (no money).

And so..... is there really going to be a board meetup of some kind this year?

Very eager to do it... with or without cosplay. Definitely bringing Alfador. <3