Author Topic: Another celebrity dead!  (Read 4599 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Another celebrity dead!
« on: July 22, 2009, 05:58:12 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534415,00.html?test=latestnews

Gidget, the famous "taco bell chihuahua" suffered a fatal stroke Tuesday night at the age of 15. She will be missed. And so will her "Cheech" voice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:18:48 pm by Mr Bekkler »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Another celebrity dead!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 06:07:21 pm »
FUCKING SUNNUVA BITCH!
2009, fuck you!

I know I'm usually the calm language person but goddammit! The hell?!
I loved that dog! i actually met it once, that was an awesome dog!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 07:10:54 pm »
If anyone has ever seen the show Reno 911, then you might know that Garcia voiced that dog.  Thought that was funny considering that dog was female.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:23:12 pm »
Not Gidget! What is this world coming to?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 08:44:10 pm »
If anyone has ever seen the show Reno 911, then you might know that Garcia voiced that dog.  Thought that was funny considering that dog was female.

Carlos Alazraqui?! He was the voice of Rocko too! Awesome.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:55:31 pm »
Yeah, good ol' Alazraqui was the voice of this chihuahua...even though the chihuahua was a female. But that's fine, Carlos has done stranger roles...like Mr. Weed, on Family Guy. For a second I thought this topic was about his death...but it's just as sad that this pup died.

Rest easy, fallen celebrities of '09.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:53 pm »
Ah, Gidget. The last great corporate mascot that I know of...although to be honest with you those Taco Bell commercials annoyed me more than they endeared me. I much preferred the Energizer Bunny. Remember the one where Darth Vader's lightsaber conks out because he was using The Other Leading Brand of batteries?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 01:56:44 am »
....>< Dammit!

Suddenly I'm starting to hate the God...

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Truth Filter, Goodness Filter & Utility Filter...
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 10:17:47 am »
I used to love that dog back then ;_;  :picardno

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:23 pm »
Woe that he created such a marketing cult that played directly into the consumerist mindset.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »
Woe that he created such a marketing cult that played directly into the consumerist mindset.

While I applauded his ability to level form and function rather than choose one over the other for Apple's products, I do loathe their fan base.

Not everyone who has an ipod, of course (I have an old one, myself), but the REALLY hardcore ones. These people.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 09:41:54 pm »
The guy had a lot going for him. People who would get tattoos of his brand on their butts and arms, people who would buy anything with said brand on it (and mock anything not the same)... and a really good head on his shoulders.

We've lost someone... pretty important.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 11:25:31 pm »
I don't think we'll ever again get an innovator the likes of him. Even Bill Gates, who made the PC affordable and easy to use, has to sort of bow to Jobs.

A bit longer than a year ago, everyone was scoffing at the iPad. They made menstrual jokes about the name, said it would never catch on, and that Apple was stupid for pushing something like that. Now the tablet computer is the wave of the present. No other computer manufacturer has been able to match Apple on price or quality of the tablet computer(though Amazon's recently fought them on price). I've never used a Mac, nor will I probably ever. I do have an iPod though, which in and of itself is such an amazing device that no one else thought would work back in the day. Not even the guys at Penny Arcade, who usually seem to be ahead of the game.

That, my friends, is innovation. Taking ideas no one's thought of, and ideas that people refuse to believe will work, and even ideas that people scoff at, and making them not only successful, but necessary to everyday life. Jobs perfected that art and that's what he should be remembered for.

We need more people like Steve Jobs, and it's a shame to lose the only existing prototype. It's a sad day indeed.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:29:52 pm by Truthordeal »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 11:39:25 pm »
His products are also a wave of conspicuous consumption and mindless social marketing. You aren't worth shit if you don't have Apple products; you aren't hip, cool, current, or worth knowing. If you're young and don't have Apple products, you're a stodgy relic who isn't with the times. You're a dullard and a loser who fails to understand how "amazing" and "different" Apple is, or that Apple has an inexorable monopoly on making good products in computing. Everything else is Micro$oft or worse.

I hate this marketing. It's another prime example of how few, few things in this world are advertised on their actual merits. Does the car fucking work? Do the pharmaceuticals have debilitating side effects? Is the food healthy? No one fucking cares, because marketing is all social/viral/lifestyle/whatever. And Apple is the fucking vanguard of this style of marketing. Apple has convinced my entire idiot generation that it's the absolute fucking best, bar none, and you're socially a piece of shit if you don't have one.

Oh my god!!!!!! I need to rush out and buy a fuck-ass expensive cellular phone!!! Oh my god Apple made an oversize tablet toy called the iPad!!! Holy fucking shit I need to drop half a grand on that right now, no matter my actual computing needs!!! Exploitative contract with AT&T? No problem!! Just give me the shiny white plastic because I'm so DIFFERENT AND ALTERNATIVE!!! Oh god!!! iTunes!!! I'm too stupid to organize my own music, and instead need to have Apple do it for me and buy into their DRM scheme and run bloated shitware to listen to my media!! (This is not a defense of Windows Media Player, of course.) Oh my LORD!!!!! I CAN ORGANIZE PICTURES OF MY TOTALLY COOL DIFFERENT ALTERNATIVE-THINKING FRIENDS!!!!!!! AND MAKE A PICTURE SLIDESHOW!!!! NEVERMIND COMPUTERS HAVE DONE THIS FOR YEARS, I NEED APPLE'S LOGO AND SLICK UI BECAUSE I'M SO SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Then Apple does shit like this to drum it up even further:

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/03/03/steve-jobs-reality-distortion-takes-its-toll-on-truth/

Maddox may be an asshole, but notwithstanding his homophobic humor, this article felt so good: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

I wish so many people weren't all over Apple's nuts. My Facebook feed is one giant love-in. I'm glad to be probably thousands of dollars richer because I don't follow the fucking cult of Apple.

Edit: I forgot. You're not allowed to read this post unless you have Quicktime™.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:47:43 pm by ZeaLitY »