Author Topic: Fuck Sexism  (Read 98410 times)

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: Fuck Sexism
« Reply #480 on: August 11, 2009, 08:54:36 pm »
Yes, it seems that their...dispute, on the matter has boiled over even more than when I last saw it.

Holkins is certainly a learned man, if nothing else, and to take a quote from him:

Jeezy Creezy.  This thing is fucking rabbit hole.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:59:55 pm by Truthordeal »

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Truth Filter, Goodness Filter & Utility Filter...
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2009, 04:55:41 am »
This is one @#$%ed up thread...

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2009, 02:24:24 pm »

Yep

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2009, 02:32:18 pm »
You two just made it more fucked up; thanks. I didn't have the interest to reply to this again until something noteworthy came along, but the vague whining from you two just reeks of offensive mediocrity. Not very many people care that you think it's a fucked up thread.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #484 on: August 12, 2009, 02:45:54 pm »

Better to debate, make progress and learn more rather than sit back and "O_o" at everything everyone says.

Yep

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #485 on: August 12, 2009, 07:01:32 pm »
There really isn't much to say, because from what I've read if you're not an atheist you're branded a sexist.

We all have different point of views, but this thread just doesn't respect each people's beliefs... I mean...there's just so many point of views
how can you be so arrogant to believe your views on life are superior to someone else's? I have my own views on the subject and Zeality and other
atheists have their own views, it's fine to point out why we think abortion is good or bad...but seems like here if you tell about your views on the subject
all the atheists just get flat out mad at you and start to bash at you and tell you just how wrong your antique conservative ways are. It's like being an atheist in
here is like a new religion, you even got the people that tell you you must convert. Again I got my opinions but I'm not gonna force someone else to believe in them
because then again I am a human being and I could be wrong in my beliefs and in my way of perceiving what is good and bad...

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 12, 2009, 08:02:27 pm »
ive been trying to stay away from this topic as much as i can. i cant compare to the eloquence of your arguments for and against. but this just pissed me off to no end.
lemme see if i can find it on the site...
nope, nothing.

the news piece described that women were drinking more than they were 30 years ago, possibly due to having jobs similar to men because of the growing equality in the workplace. this might say to some people that women shouldnt have the equal rights of men in the workplace so that theyll do more ladylike things, like tea parties or something (im not good at this, sorry). or that they shouldnt have equal rights to protect other people.
it disgusted me, quite frankly.

the news source was abc world news (i watch it with my father every night), but i  cant find the article on the webpage.
(also wtf is with the giant pink head?)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 12, 2009, 08:54:47 pm »
all the atheists just get flat out mad at you and start to bash at you and tell you just how wrong your antique conservative ways are.

Religious people have hidden behind some veil of sanctity for centuries. It's time that religion is brought out into the open and criticized just as any other idea or organization. There is no reason to hold it sacred.

It's time the cross is broken. Ignorance doesn't deserve respect.

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #488 on: August 12, 2009, 09:03:14 pm »
well good luck with your hate then

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #489 on: August 12, 2009, 09:13:54 pm »
It's time the cross is broken. Ignorance doesn't deserve respect.

Then neither does atheism or any unique thought at all.

I don't know if you forget this or are simply too pigheaded to care, but ignorance is subjective. Surely the 80 some odd percentage of Americans that are Christians don't think that they're ignorant, and if you want to make the assumption that you are smarter than such a large majority and know better than them, simply because you're an atheist, well then, you're the ignorant one here. I've read your "facts" about religion over and over again, and they're no more factual than anything out of the mouth of Rush Limbaugh. Most of them seem to be analysis or assumptions than facts, and most of them are far more polarizing.

I, as a Christian, am fine with criticism of my faith; hell, I accept it and encourage people to ask the tough questions regarding religion and its role in the world. What I cannot say I'm fine with is the constant stream of anti-theist propaganda that inevitably makes its way onto this forum. And I know that I or another religious person would not get away with it without any rebukes, so enjoy the fact that your beliefs are finally being taken as seriously as any religion would be.

And for the love of God, will you, Ramsus, V, whomever is in charge of it, please get rid of this damn emote!?

:hey
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:16:50 pm by Truthordeal »

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:55 pm »
You two just made it more fucked up; thanks. I didn't have the interest to reply to this again until something noteworthy came along, but the vague whining from you two just reeks of offensive mediocrity. Not very many people care that you think it's a fucked up thread.

Funny, because from what I see, we were making a comment, and then we got flamed from it.
:fuk
lets just face it, your comic, funny or otherwise, is a stereotype... and one that I have yet to see anyone in our community fit.

And props to anyone who found the pun

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #491 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:30 pm »
I'll take a wild guess here and say it has something to do with the word face, and the face of that guy.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 12, 2009, 10:27:43 pm »
I'll take a wild guess here and say it has something to do with the word face, and the face of that guy.

You, sir, have recieved props!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 12, 2009, 10:50:54 pm »
Regardless of whatever conversation follows, I move to have that picture in IAmSerge's post added to the supplemental smilies menu.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 12, 2009, 10:53:26 pm »
Regardless of whatever conversation follows, I move to have that picture in IAmSerge's post added to the supplemental smilies menu.

I was thinking the same thing, which is exactly why I used it!

Maggiekarp = win