Author Topic: SAGE Review: Top SNES RPG's  (Read 2236 times)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: SAGE Review: Top SNES RPG's
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 01:21:51 am »
The technical name for it is "PAL" version. I'm sure if you do a google search for it, it will come up very easily. I mean, I found the translated radical dreamers rom that way very simply.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 02:02:49 am »
A few of us mentioned the lack of Tales of Phantasia, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem etc... don't forget, the guy mentions in his opening comments that the list was based off of what he got to play via his brother's SNES or something of those lines. I doubt his list included emulation or overseas games, more the ones in the stores. With that considered, it seems a more reasonable list  considering that there wasn't a great deal to rent / buy as far as RPGs go, in the mid to late 90s.

Still unacceptable to have FFVI off the list though.  :picardno

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 02:37:36 am »
Oh, I didn't see the vid, I was just going on the list that was posted...Why even bother making a list then? It should be called, "Top 10 Random SNES RPGs I Played Once...!"

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 03:48:10 pm »
The guy played the RPGs as a kid. So don't blame him or anything. Only blame belongs to his brother for not playing enough.

As for why FFVI not on there, only one game per franchise. Although yeah VI does beat IV. And BOF2 beats BOF. Although I'll admit I didn't care for Sten either. That's their sole reasoning. But that isn't reason enough for me.
It's the only SNES-era video game to make me cry, in fact.

You didn't cry at Chrono Trigger? I was torn at so many parts! And no, I don't cry easily.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 09:22:35 pm »
Don't forget the whole Rachel & Phoenix scenario with Locke in FFVI...not only is that one of the most dramatic scenes of any SNES-era RPG, not only in the whole FF SERIES, but probably pretty high up there in gaming history too...

I still blame the guy because he obviously has internet access. There is NO EXCUSE NOT TO PLAY THE SHITTON OF AWESOME SNES RPGS! Unless I just made a double negative there...no excuse not to...hmmm...w/e...It's nice that he took a lil time to throw his nostalgia at everyone else, but it's still a lame list.