Author Topic: If Sony has Final Fantasy...why not allow Nintendo to take Chrono?  (Read 2629 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: If Sony has Final Fantasy...why not allow Nintendo to take Chrono?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 07:22:50 pm »
I think Mitsuda has grown enough over the years that he doesn't need Uematsu...During CT, he was the newfish, so it was understandable that he had a kind of overseer and I'm sure he respects Uematsu (with creds like his it's hard not to), but he's great on his own...Did Uematsu have anything to do with RD? It was mostly ambient songs, but they were awesome too (and one or two moved on to CC)...

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 11:19:46 am »
No, Uematsu did not contribute to Radical Dreamers.

Let's also not forget Noriko Matsueda who composed the first (unreleased) version of the boss theme. :)

Along with Mitsuda, I've always thought that the styles of Hiroki Kikuta, Junya Nakano, and Yoshino Aoki would fit the Chrono environment perfectly.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 04:31:23 pm »
Maybe I am behind the times as I was late getting into older Squaresoft games but wouldn't Nintendo be the console the game is on?       I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

I mean think about all the SNES games that are done by Square unless I missed something.

Maybe it IS a good thing I don't have the WII or any modern generation game console.

Elly

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 01:53:55 pm »
as long as it doesn't come out on the Wii i'm all for another Chrono game, but playing Chrono with waggle would be the lowest point in the series... i'm thinking the DS or PSP would be the best format to release another Chrono game on, i'd still like to see Cross come to the PSN for play on PS3/PSP...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 02:36:55 pm »
The motion sensors of the Wii would seemingly be out of place in a Chrono game, but there is nothing inherently at odds either. Marvel Ultimate Alliance, for example, didn't really make use of the motion sensors and it worked fine. Similar to Smash Brothers Brawl.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 05:32:47 pm »
It can definetly be on the Wii! Based on the style of things, a brand new Chrono cast could go anywhere, Cross probably anywhere, way I see it trigger would only fit on Wii or DS. And as Thought pointed out with those other games, that's a mistake Wii game makers make too often, they're presented with the ability of motion controls and they feel like they're pressured into having no choice but to include them. Honestly they aren't needed at all to have a good game. Megaman 9 was made for JUST Wii at first(it got on the others probably because of)and the controls had absolutely nothing to do with the sort of stuff.

Of course, that's talking if used generically. I particularly work on finding new inventive ways to use a Wii Remote and have found honestly there are ways you can do it right and it could be done. Just don't do the generic sword swinging stuff that everyone assumes to do and leave it at! Just swing and mess around with your Wii Remote( :shock: ) and use your imagination ( :shock: :shock: ) and you can find unique uses that could fit into anything ( :shock: :shock: :shock: )!

And now for a side note, Nintendo pulled a Disney and secretly threw in the sexual innuendos on purpose. The "Wii", the look. DS. "Touching is good"? I think my point is made.

Elly

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 10:47:30 am »
honestly even if they didn't use the waggle i still think the Wiimote is a bad choice for an RPG controler, the button layout is too odd, it would be like trying to play FFX with the DVD remote (i actualy tried it) which is hella awkward... honestly i think Nintendo should have thaught it out and provided 2 different controls one with waggle for their gimmicky games and shooters and a regular controler for stuff like RPGs and the more complex fighting games... when it comes to RPGs i like the buttons to be in a comfortable easily accessable location and the Wiimote does not provide that even when turned sideways, the Wiimote without waggle is the most limiting controler on the market...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:49:20 am by Elly »

Leroy Octopus

• Iokan (+1)
  • Amazing Rockstar Cowboy Spaceship
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 10:54:39 am »
I would like some more RPGs on the Wii, and I can't think of a better one then a Chrono game. Except maybe a Persona.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 01:20:38 pm »
FFX would translate just fine to the Wiimote. Battles use 3 buttons primarily (confirm, cancel, and switch out the party members), the wiimote has three buttons all within easy thumb reach of the wiimote. Out of battle, FFX uses 2 buttons (talk and menu), again easy for the wiimote. Then there's the directional pad, which admittedly with the wiimote alone it would be awkward. If only there was a very common extension that ran from the wiimote via a cord, almost like a nunchuck if one will, and had a means of directing movement without motion...

Combined, the wiimote and chuck are a beautiful gaming pair, far nicer to hold in one's hand than the bat’leth like PS2 controller. It is very true that there are fewer button options, but in turn very few games make full regular use of the buttons available. Personally, I am also quite hopeful about the Wii Motion Plus add-on. That really should have been incorporated in the controller from the get-go, but the possibilities are beautiful.

Also, to note, Nintendo DID provide 2 controllers (though I would object to the use of the motion sensors to be gimmicky, any more than multiple buttons are gimmicky). The other is called the Classic Controller. And let’s not forget that the Gamecube controllers are compatible with the system as well.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 01:38:39 pm »
honestly even if they didn't use the waggle i still think the Wiimote is a bad choice for an RPG controler, the button layout is too odd, it would be like trying to play FFX with the DVD remote (i actualy tried it) which is hella awkward... honestly i think Nintendo should have thaught it out and provided 2 different controls one with waggle for their gimmicky games and shooters and a regular controler for stuff like RPGs and the more complex fighting games... when it comes to RPGs i like the buttons to be in a comfortable easily accessable location and the Wiimote does not provide that even when turned sideways, the Wiimote without waggle is the most limiting controler on the market...

Also, to note, Nintendo DID provide 2 controllers (though I would object to the use of the motion sensors to be gimmicky, any more than multiple buttons are gimmicky). The other is called the Classic Controller. And let’s not forget that the Gamecube controllers are compatible with the system as well.

Thank you. I was just about to say that actually until I read your post. It's another mistake they make too often. That's what I meant partially in getting creative. You're limiting your mind as much as the developers, thinking you HAVE to have some sort of waggle and aim feature and that you HAVE to use the Wii remote when honestly why not just make a game that uses the classic controller(which is scarily similar to SNES controller anyway all the more reason Chrono=Wii)or the Gamecube controller.

360 doesn't seem like an RPG system much. Wii and PS3 seem moreso to fit the ticket based on the types of games released to the systems. Chrono always performed it's best with Nintendo, why not stick with Nintendo?

Elly

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 03:30:10 pm »
sure if it were to use the Classic Control or the GCN control it's far more feasable, and i'd be more likely to go for it... i just really find the Wiimote's shape very uncomfortable when held sideways like a normal conrtoler (i know, the nunchuk), and i really feel S-E would be preasured to use the waggle in some primary way and that's scarry in itself...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 11:21:45 pm »
Since Dragon Quest X is going to be Wii, I'm sure more RPGs will follow.

Leroy Octopus

• Iokan (+1)
  • Amazing Rockstar Cowboy Spaceship
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 03:58:03 am »
Since Dragon Quest X is going to be Wii, I'm sure more RPGs will follow.

True, but who knows how long that will be. SE hasn't even announced an American release date for DQ IX yet. The new FF:CC looks promising, it's more of an action RPG though.