Author Topic: SUMMER'S CRY ULTRA UPDATE! A lot of stuff plus CE chapters!  (Read 29820 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: SUMMER'S CRY ULTRA UPDATE! A lot of stuff plus CE Chapter 18 & 19!
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2009, 03:27:42 am »
O.o !
Awesome cliffhanger !

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2009, 06:22:05 am »
Wow...King Zeal's speech in this chapter...is definitely one of the best things in this game. Definitely struck a few chords  :)  Can't wait for tomorrow to see how it all wraps up!

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2009, 06:33:55 am »
of course Chrono Trigger hasn't sold well in Europe.  SE only translated it into French, whereas most games get translated into French, English, German, Italian, and Spanish.  Neither CT nor CC has ever been officially translated into any of the latter three language groups.  Therefore the Chrono series has never had a huge chance in those lands.  It's SEs own damn fault, how dare he complain about sales.

"Off the top of my head it's around 200,000 in the EU - pathetic numbers - and 600,000 in the US."

how much is CT:DS? 30 bucks? so they made 6 million from EU and 18 million in the US? That's pathetic? That's an eye opener...

€40.00 in Europe... which is a lot to ask for a port of an old game you don't even get translated into your own language.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:40:14 am by CelestialPhantasm »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2009, 12:51:25 pm »
Ch. 20 was brilliant. You guys maintained the spirit of CT in all respects.

KitsuneSefam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2009, 03:50:55 pm »
I hate those cliffhangers and those battles that last forever.

Chromaticed

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hee hee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2009, 04:15:05 pm »

Now image those battles without new game plus.

KitsuneSefam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2009, 04:18:11 pm »

Now image those battles without new game plus.

Sounds suicidal on Youtube :lol:

WhiteRose

• Iokan (+1)
  • A sign of courage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 05:32:57 pm »
You guys always leve me at a cliffhanger. Its like those wierd soap operas that always make you geuss what happens at the end of the episode.

... want more!

CursedSeishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 08:44:34 pm »
of course Chrono Trigger hasn't sold well in Europe.  SE only translated it into French, whereas most games get translated into French, English, German, Italian, and Spanish.  Neither CT nor CC has ever been officially translated into any of the latter three language groups.  Therefore the Chrono series has never had a huge chance in those lands.  It's SEs own damn fault, how dare he complain about sales.

"Off the top of my head it's around 200,000 in the EU - pathetic numbers - and 600,000 in the US."

how much is CT:DS? 30 bucks? so they made 6 million from EU and 18 million in the US? That's pathetic? That's an eye opener...

€40.00 in Europe... which is a lot to ask for a port of an old game you don't even get translated into your own language.

I agree, it also doesn't help that unlike the Chrono Series, who until now have had only what, 2-3 releases?
While Front mission has Front Mission 1-5, the Armor Core ripoff that was currently announced (Its not front mission to me, just a bloody AC ripoff...), not to mention the DS game, and some collections...? So of course if you throw enough games for one series out there it will eclipse another one.
Plus, not to be offensive, but the Japanese (it seems like) will eat up anything. A re-release of any game? Yep. Twenty reitterations of one handheld? Oh definitely.
While in the US, we are a bit more picky. I only got the DS version because I've only played it on a SNES emulator, and wanted a game I could take with me. I still have my fat DS, still have my thick PSP, if it isn't an actual upgrade instead of some crappy sidegrade, I'll give it the finger.

And that statement is hilarious, about if we really wanted a sequel, we'd buy more of the DS versions, specially during a time the economy isn't strong. Why waste 40 bucks for a game with no changes when you might have it for the ps1 that the ps3 can play, or on your computer with an emulator?
What was the sales behinds the original SNES cartridge, or the FF: Chronicles on the PS1 that had it, along with added animated scenes?

Oh well, SE is slowly poisoning their own franchises. Like I said that new Front Mission game won't be a front mission game, it'll just be a bad Armored Core ripoff made by a company that has made nothing great. No offense, but SH: Homecoming was too easy, and its puzzles consisted of "guess-and-check" wires most of the times. Besides, when I can beat the game in under 5hrs on hard mode, its pathetic...
And just like the Front Mission and Silent Hill before them (at least 1-3), I liked it when I had to try and survive, when the game was threatening to break its foot off in my arse after spitting on me... now excuse me while I go sulk in the corner and wonder what the next series they'll rape is...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:46:14 pm by CursedSeishi »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2009, 01:31:25 am »
Chapter 21 is up. Since it was only two videos long, I threw in a video from Chapter 22, the sidequest chapter (which will have a ton of videos).

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: SUMMER'S CRY ULTRA UPDATE! A lot of stuff plus CE chapters!
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2009, 02:21:04 am »
like, how many a ton? 10? split it into two days then

BTW: good chapter... I liked it alot V.V

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2009, 02:36:41 am »
What a great chapter.  I loved the Guru scene, and especially liked how you made Gaspar the head guru of sorts.  One problem though, you had Belthasar say something along the lines of "It's no different than how YOU used them".  But it is, is it not?  Belthasar called the people to him to fix the mistake he himself had made.  Gaspar had them flung upon him, and he merely gave them choices to make.

I couldn't tell if YOU were implying that they were the same situation, or if Belthasar is being delusional.  Whatever the case, the dialogue was fantastic.  King Zeal at the start ended amazingly.  Also, it's true what FW said all the way back in may.  The dream of Zeal is Alive.  This videos have proved that without a shadow of a doubt.  Bravo CE, Bravo.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2009, 04:03:18 am »
Gaspar seems to have known they were coming according to the will of the planet. But yeah, it's just Belthasar's accusation, since Belthasar forced them to help.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2009, 09:35:07 am »
Great chapter, it is awesome!

That's bad that Zeal won't rise again. Though in the end it was better to don't let it happen, as the consequences otherwise would have certainly have done a very huge change on the time line.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:39:49 am by Acacia Sgt »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2009, 09:47:06 am »
And how about Dr. Manhattan Crono? AWESOME.

For the record, you can add a blue glow and a hint of omiprescence in ANY of my favorite fictional characters. I won't mind at all