Author Topic: Serge = Magus  (Read 12072 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Serge = Magus
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 01:46:42 am »
 Sarah is a common name for a princess(especially in RPGs, for example, FF1, FF3, FF9, Card Master, blahblah...)
It would be very funny if a royal character has a middle name like that...

Chromaticed

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hee hee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2009, 03:59:43 pm »
Hey, if Schala could create her own daughter/clone why can't magus?

Or what if Magus appeared to Serge's mother and told her she was going to give virgin birth to his son and he was going to be the savior. Okay, now I am just acting stupid.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »
Virgin birth my ass.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2009, 05:57:03 pm »
This post has turned into is "Kid" a proper name or not, which is alittle odd.
Here are my beliefs
1) Magus is not Serge, Although I doubt Schala left her brother alone, she may have found him without it being shown.
1a) In a more depressing light you could say that Magus is not Janus in Schala's eyes. Magus has done horrible things in a quest to take vengence. A Concept that Schala would not aprrove of (She helped create a monster that could not be killed with violence! Damn if she wouldn't be willing to abanndon a guy who can kill without remorse!) so Schala may no longer see "Magus" as her brother and is waiting for him to redeem and find her. (See below*) Waitn for him to become "Janus" again (sure he's not an all around plesent kid, but not evil or willing to murder either)

2) The photo could be another world and thus the point of who it is is moot. The face is blocked out in game so you can imagine who it is. If you wanna say it's serge then it's serge....I woudl liek to point out that in the interview he wanted us to think about our world....what I am suggesting is
It's you...or me...or whoever. That girl is our worlds (or another worlds) Kid with her worlds Serge or whoever. I perfer to think of it that way because I mean Serge leaving Leena is cruel and I can't imagine doing it. Thus in my game he didn't. Perhaps that's the point, to put yourself in Serge's place. In that world afetr everything that happend how would you have wanted things to go?
Will Serge leave Leena for Kid? Is that the same Serge? Is that even Serge? What happened to everyone who was with you?
I think the point of the ending was missed by us. It doesn't matter if Serge was Magus (which makes no sense) or something like that.
What matters is that Ideal Timeline is what we think it would be. Who was better off? Who did Serge love? Its not supposed to have a single answer, it's supposed to be what we think it is. Do we think that there is a Kid in our world, are we that Serge she is looking for? Is it supposed to be love or just a deep friendship? It's up to us to decide, not something that has been predecided. Throughtout the entire game you are pulled around and manipulated, I think there was a reason for that, a reason why the storyline was so confusing. I'm not sure you understand what I mean but anyway...

I know we are a Compenduim so we serch for answer, buu in this case maybe there is no single answer as to how everything turned out.

3) The dresses look fits thet style of the clothes worn in El Nido no the clothes worn on the mainland. Why are we even comparing the styles anyway?

*In Lucca's Letter she calls him Janus. Is it possible that he is actully attempting to redeem? When I say find Schala I mean her who she was. In his current state he has no right to face her. (Think about the DS versions ending) You could say "she doesn't have a rigth to be all high and mighty after almost eraseing existence" but that would ignore the fact taht she was not quite all there when she did it, well Magus was 100% aware of himself when he decided to be an evil basterd.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2009, 06:28:06 pm »
I dunno, I see Schala as someone who would go to great lengths to see Magus redeem himself. This topic is becoming an issue of redemption and the many motives of Magus, but that's fine. Magus had an "ends justify the means"-type attitude, but does that mean he isn't worthy of redemption? Would family members distance themselves from their sibling just because of his actions, or would they be the only ones who still see good in that person? Would Schala (who seemed to put her family's well being and feelings first) really turn the cold shoulder to Magus, or would she go out of her way to find good in him? Honestly, I think Schala would seek out Magus, even throughout all the events that led up to CC.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2009, 07:43:16 pm »
I dunno, I see Schala as someone who would go to great lengths to see Magus redeem himself. This topic is becoming an issue of redemption and the many motives of Magus, but that's fine. Magus had an "ends justify the means"-type attitude, but does that mean he isn't worthy of redemption? Would family members distance themselves from their sibling just because of his actions, or would they be the only ones who still see good in that person? Would Schala (who seemed to put her family's well being and feelings first) really turn the cold shoulder to Magus, or would she go out of her way to find good in him? Honestly, I think Schala would seek out Magus, even throughout all the events that led up to CC.

I never said he wasn't worthy of redemption. He may have even been informed  of this fact. I was saying that she will not go to him untill he has been redeemed. (Abannoned may have been to strong a word) If anything she may already know where he is.
I said she may not see Magus as her brother. She waiting for him to become Janus again. In otherword yes she sees him as capable of being redeemed. In otherwords she's staying away for his own good. I didn't mean abanndon in the way it came out.

It may have even worked in the sense that she found him, but knew her presence would not help him. Heck that was only one possiblity, my first suggestion was she finds him and it's not shown.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2009, 10:30:37 pm »
I think Lucca referred to Magus as Janus in the letter so Kid/whoever else read it wouldn't freak out that she was talking about the Fiendlord, not because he regularly went by that name.

I don't think Schala would go looking for Janus, she's kind of absorbed by her own problems. If there's anything left of the Kid personality she might even say "He's a grown-ass man and should deal with it!" or something.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2009, 11:06:21 pm »
Exactly. Magus was also kind of a title. His name was Janus, and the letter was fairly personal. I don't think it implies anything about intent.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2009, 11:08:25 pm »
Well, Janus is his name, Magus is not.
So if Lucca tried to introduce him to a person who didn't know him before, she would use the real name for no reason...

"Fiendlord, take care of my little sister. "

LOL Ninjaed by Bekkler

Miror B.

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 11:56:15 pm »
Magil and Guile each wear a mask that covers half of their face.  Magil IS Magus, and Guile was intended to be Magus.  Just tossing this out there.